Assassin's Creed series costume projects (AC3 tomahawk on 6-1-12 -page 6)

Re: Assassin's Creed series costume projects (Revelations updated on 9-6-11 -page 4)

I have just started planning my AC costume and just looked through this thread. WOW is the only clean phrase that comes to mind to describe your work. Simply amazing work! And thank you for all the info on how and what you used to make everything.

Re: Assassin's Creed series costume projects (Revelations updated on 9-6-11 -page 4)

Hi guys! Thanks for the kindness & support!

Sorry its been so sporadic! Had to take a lil break from this project to work on some other stuff, but I went and tackled the belt buckle thinger inbetween.

Apologies for the (severe) lack of photos here. I sculpted the disk and one side (since the sides are symmetrical), then molded and cast the parts in resin. After casting them, I sprayed black paint on them, wiped as much as I could off, and rubbed silver powder on them to bring the edges out more.

This is decorative, and is bolted on with chicago screws, whose heads were embedded into the back of the cast.

beltbuckle.jpg

Going to be working on the glider for a bit over the next week, in preparation for Anime Weekend Atlanta (they're going to give it display space! )

Re: Assassin's Creed series costume projects (Revelations updated on 9-20-11 -page 5)

Nice, and congrats on the display space for the glider.

Re: Assassin's Creed series costume projects (Revelations updated on 9-20-11 -page 5)

awesome job so far! And the news about the Glider is awesome!!!

long time no pez ^^;

Been busy on this and a lot of other projects (many which I hadn't gotten around to posting either), and of course, commissions take precedence.. This, and the other personal projects have slowed down a good bit.

Because this gear was already assembled, I couldn't use the tambour embroidery technique that I mentioned a while back, and wound up just hand embroidering it instead. Over the last couple weeks, I've been sittign around working in this.
tunic27.jpg

and done!
tunic29.jpg

I did the in game logo, and though I planned on making a second panel with the masayaf logo, I don't know if I want to do all the embroidery thats on the rest of the panel again as well :\
tunic28.jpg

Also got a beard, but it still needs more trimming. Here's what I have so far on my dummy
general11-11.jpg

Re: Assassin's Creed series costume projects (Revelations updated on 11-11-11 -page 5

This is the best/most detail AC costume I have ever seen. Hat's off to you my friend. :thumbsup

Re: Assassin's Creed series costume projects (Revelations updated on 11-11-11 -page 5

Simply put WOW! You have done an amazing job on your AC costume. You are inspiring me to go back and continue to improve my Blue Assassin costume.

my gods , this is cinematically perfect!

This was a beard test for Assassin's creed Revelations midnight release for Assassin's Creed Revelations. It sucked at our store, but I thought it would be a good opportunity to test out the beard on myself (instead of on mah dummy).

Think it actually kinda works, but man its itchy lol. Will cut the scar out when I have enough confidence to know that I won't mess up the 'stache, but I can't trim this thing any more, because the weave thins out. This was one of those stick on beards with a partial trim, and I'll try making my own out of whatever i can find around the house, possibly some hosiery for a base, and grey/black hair for the beard.
omgbeards.jpg

It was really weird passing in front of mirrors :eek:

Left on the to do pile is a sack in the back, more embroidery (I'm maybe 1/3 done with that ugh) , the grey fabric on the belt, daggers, gun, and cape.

Last edited:

that's a shame you can't trim the beard a little more, it's pretty bushy.

i can't say anything else about the costume that isn't just a massive amount of praise.
so in short, it's pretty fantastic.

Edit: when you get the time.. would you perhaps consider doing a tutorial on the general techniques and tools you've used for leatherworking?
i've just started with leather and the stuff you can do is clearly out of this world, and i'd love to be a fly on the wall to see how you progress when working with leather.

Re: Assassin's Creed series costume projects (Revelations updated on 11-17-11 -page 5

I said it on DeviantArt and I'll say it again...

Dat beard.

Re: Assassin's Creed series costume projects (Revelations updated on 11-17-11 -page 5

Found these human hair beards - they do a grey version
BMG182** Thin Beard and Mustache Set <br>100% Human Hair <br> Glue On
the scar could also be done by either trimming the section down as far as you can then applying latex in thin layers until i appears as skin, or cutting the moustache section where the scar is and applying the sections seperatly.

Oh i'd avoid using spirit gum to apply. Prosaide (prosthetic adhesive) is far better. Takes longer to apply as you have to wait till the glue becomes tacky, but holds better and i found doesnt cause any irritation as it forms a sealed layer from the skin to the appliance.

Sakara- That's the beard i actually got, but i think when i trimmed it i did it wrong (should have trimmed off the bottom). if funds decide to not suck, I may try again., or find some other route :)

Also would like to find something that could hold the hairs in place really strongly, the turtleneck & hood kept fluffing it out

Thanks for the tip re. prosaide. a friend told me about it, but I didn't have the funds to get it, and had some spirit gum laying around. Will definitely look into that in the future. Sprit gum smell under the nose is not pleasant!

Kommisar- when i snag some time to put a decent tute together, i'll toss it up :)

I also tend to livestream when doing it, you can find the streams announcements on m fb page when I go live. There are leather projects coming this week (a thor hammer wrap and a knife sheath that i'm doing for blindqsuirrel.

In the meantime, check out leatherworker.net!

Last edited:

That embroidery :-o

I've done handstitching in the past on corsets and it ALWAYS takes me 10x longer than I think it's going to.

Your time and attention to detail is really showing through here!

fev, you're doing an amazing job as always. I know you're already beating admirers off with a stick. >.<

One of these days I'll figure out how to do Ezio's Florentine Noble Attire, but that damned vest.

Your costume is awesome. I can't believe the amount of work you put in so far. I wish I could get one of these.

Fantastic work!

What ever happened to the glider WIP?

Wow thats all looking great!

I signed up just to post this.

That is amazing work, truly incredible. As a larper (live action roleplay) who is looking into how to create an assassins creed style costume I am so very envious.

Are there any guides for how to create this magnificent costume?

Keep up the amazing work

Domo230

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back