Assassin's Creed series costume projects (AC3 tomahawk on 6-1-12 -page 6)

Re: Assassin's Creed series costume projects (updated on 7-18-11 page.3)

Tiney- you won't beleive how much easier it makes pattern creation! Try finding a printer in your area that prints things like boxes. My friend worked at a company that does just thatm, and the printing plates are shipped with these thigns inbetween for protection!

Daniel- Cried and nearly passed out like a total bada** while getting that thing (I'm phobic of needles).. Its amazing how many AC costuming friends also have them XD

IronMan99- Yeah,I'll draw them on paper, then transfer them to fabric using talcum powder to establish the outlines.

Never been impressed with Museum Replicas work on AC stuff. all of their AC1 fabric and leather is too thin and cheap feeling, and the swords/daggers have a terrible B&W drybrush paint job on the hilts. I really wish they took the time to chrome them, THEN i would consider purchasing a couple of the blades for display. Instead of the AC2 outfit, they did the Lineage outfit, which was ugly to begin with. The hidden blades don't even fully retract either, leaving a big ol' thing in front of your palm.

Sorry I hadn't updated in a bit... the last few days have been a lot of hand sewing and general tedium

I'm not very good at documenting the sewing process, (its pretty much a rinse lather repeat of the process used to make the sleeves that were posted earlier) but here's a couple images

The outer tunic is almost done, need to sew the left sleeve embroidery, attach it, and do the edging around most of it with the machine. Hand sewing.. boooooo! One of the small swirly panels at the bottom went AWOL, and as soon as I find it, that'll get stuck on too.
tunic16.jpg

Here's all of the inner panels for the outer tunic.. pinned interfacing to everything, and that'll get sewn down. The outer panels will be pinned on next, then sewn, turned inside out, and sewn again (like the sleeves)
tunic17.jpg

I wish i were more skilled at this, as its taking foreverrrrrrrr

Re: Assassin's Creed series costume projects (updated on 7-23-11 page.3)

This is one of the best and most creative and most interesting threads I've seen here! WOW! So very incredibly outstanding awesome STUFF! Uber wow!

Re: Assassin's Creed series costume projects (updated on 7-23-11 page.3)

So we were hoping to leave today, but there's too much to do, so we're leaving for Otakon tomorrow afternoon instead!

Worked on the pauldron, doing the leather for a friend. Its undyed, and made to disassemble. I bundled up the leather bits and small oval bit and sent it to my friend, who needed it sooner to design the cape around, and they dyed it to match the pleather they're using for the rest of their ACB gear. I'll be bringing the main plate and the just completed pucks with me, and we'll finish it off at the hotel lol

Here's the rough assembly with paper puck placeholder :)
pauldron12.jpg

The smaller oval disk was bolted to the connecting strap!
pauldron13.jpg

though they're not in game, I'll be adding some buckles on the side underneath the arm, so they can put it on and adjust it easier.
pauldron14.jpg

This morning, I demolded the puck, and began pouring castings
pauldron15.jpg

Here's a decent closeup of one of the pucks. These little guys are temporary though, as theres more sculpting to do on it, and it could stand a serious cleanup!
pauldron16.jpg

made a buckle out of one for giggles :3
beltbling.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Assassin's Creed series costume projects (updated on 7-26-11 page.3)

WOW! I am seriously blown away by your work! Amazing!

i'm a real stickler for body type, gender and skin tone when choosing my costumes, but everyone has their own goals and reasons for costuming, so good for you.

your level of detail, craftsmanship, and dedication is amazing, and every time i look at this thread, my jaw hits the desk so keep up the good work.
i really hope Art considers you for a monthly facebook feature when your finished, because this is an amazing project.

Kommissar, if i stick to characters of only my body type, gender, and skin color, i'll have next to no choices of characters I give a damn enough about to partake a costuming project. In the AC universe, I'd be relegated to completely covered characters that I'm not particularly interested in costuming, or AC1 beggars (whee!! )

So i skip the skintone & gender stuff (people sometimes confuse me for a dude anyways :\ ) , and choose based on what I enjoy the most (ie white hoodied badasses! ) . I *do* pay attention to my body shape though, as i don't think that trying to pass myself off as AEon Flux is gonna work (too skimpy anyways)

Sincere apologies for the lack of wip photos, but i wound up hightailing the project, and the camera wound up misplaced in the mound of chaos!

Though the con was enjoyable, I didn't get nearly as much done as I had hoped. I wound up spending the mornings & nights in the hotel sewing, and the day at my artist's table tooling leather for the belt, which would sit at an angle on the waist, which meant it was pretty unwearable during con time. Gave me an opportunity to show folks who came by the table a lil about tooling leather though!

Here's what i wound up with at Otakon XD Wound up mix n matching ac2 parts in, and have the rerebrace (mid arm plate) constructed, save for the metal details on the surface!

otakon1.jpg

The main tunic was assembled for the most part, though I'll be pulling it apart to make adjustments and embroider all the naughty bits...

Here's a wip photo in the meantime of the inner tunic. My man is in the top ones (dur). Thankfully this outfit has a lot of layers, and a little chest binding, creative placement of fabrics (and losing a few pounds) should hide the bum & boobs.

tunic18.jpg

Will post more detailed wips and such over this coming week.. looks like I'll be aiming for Dragon*con to get this bugger done.. which isn't far away oy...

Re: Assassin's Creed series costume projects (updated on 8-8-11 page.3)

This is amazing for sure, i love the details and the careful placement of each item encompassed into the main tunic. Start an assassin creed costume design class and i will join it lol I want this suit so damn bad its badass omg. I am looking for the updates on this definitely love this thread

Man, just amazing, where is that picture of the awesome thread for this awesome thread. :D

Keep us updated. :thumbsup

This is amazing, your leatherwork is gaaawgeouus. The whole outfit is, actually. Great work!

Wow, I loved the first AC (can't same the same for AC2)!

Your work is amazing to say the least, everything from the tailoring,the sculpting down to the leatherwork.

Really cannot wait to see this finished!

Thank you guys!

Ironman- I shuold be doing a panel at Anime Weekend Atlanta on the construction of one of the AC costumes, since they encompass so many different skills and stuff. I'll most likely do the panel on this outfit, since it has the added hell of embroidery and metal plates on the leather pauldrons, in addition to the other things I've had to learn for the previous outfits :)

So its back to the grind after the post convention chaos, cleaning, crash and con cruds, with Dragon*con being so close!

The stamps proved semi successful, but its a pain to use them. Here's one of the successful ones that didn't shift while beating it stupid with a hammer.
bracer14.jpg

Heres the pile of plates, after I went back and tooled over the guides the stamps provided. bleh. These are not counting the strap bits & buckles made later. I wasn't happy with the color initially used, so I stripped off as much as i could with acetone, and redid it in Antique Brown, and do a thin coat of Acorn brown for the rest of the plates, since the stripping wasn't total.

The silver was Testor's silver enamel. Which surprisingly didn't dull when I sprayed Saddle-lac on there. I still would lke to find something that doesn't rub off after time.
bracer15.jpg

I rubberbanded everything together, to lay out the positioning of the holes I need to punch. Since this would be curved, I can't lay it flat, punch holes, and expect the thing to nicely wrap around a forearm.
bracer16.jpg

The underside wasn't the prettiest, since I remade two of the plates, and the holes were set differently. Thankfully this will all get covered by plates and none of the boffed holes appear on the inside of the bracer (yay!) Also changed the innermost layer out from a piece that was too thin(the plain bit thats cut off at the bottom of the photo). The raw edge on one of the plates was where I tried chopping out leather that would be unseen, after a template revision.
bracer17.jpg

Here's the first one assembled, it just needs fur! I have the faux fur, but for the bracers I may get some rabbit from Tandy next time i go. The pelts are cheap, and they'll withstand the abuse better than faux (I noticed the hairs got a lil stretched out and curly where it was rubbing up against my wrist, like an overcombed barbie doll)
bracer18.jpg

bracer19.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Assassin's Creed series costume projects (updated on 8-12-11 -page.3)

Hello guys, sorry its been about a week since last updating! Most of the week was involving sewing, cleaning, and other projects (and a day off on my b-day to chill and play video games for once) . But here's some stuff that's more than "yay, I sewed a panel down!"

Because the belt would be a big pain to wrap around (and have it stay in position) I'm using an approach thats similar to a cumberbund.

Got some pleather at Joann's which had a good thick weight to it, and sprayed the non pleather side with Super77 adhesive
belt1.jpg

I had found a nice red/orange fabric at Mary Jo's in May, and bunched it up onto the tacky pleather to give it a wrapped look as best as i could.
belt3.jpg

the hooks were sewn down to side of one side of the belt. I found that I boffed this (the sash needs to be attached here) , and had to remove them >< I also found soe black strap connectors as well, so they'll be changed out for black in case something manages to peek its head out.
belt4.jpg

And here's the wip so far, after folding all the edges in and handsewing them to the pleather on the back. Still need some grey bits on the sides, and will sew these down when I find fabric that I like enough! The hooks and clasps need to be redone as well
belt6.jpg

And the tunic was revised. Since i wanted to be able to interchange the panel on the front between the masayaf logo and the assassin one, the earlier design would have been a pain to interchange, and was a pain to secure to begin with (remade the panel, and have it zipper up. (totally not period, but meh)

I seamripped the front panels (1 on right) and replaced it with the new ones (1 on left)
tunic19.jpg

The zipper runs right in the middle, and was pretty easy to install, though i couldn't find my stupid zipper foot bluh. This could make for a pretty cool vest during non cosplay time XD
tunic20.jpg

and the panel will either snap or hook onto the front! Muuuuuch easier to change out! (and putting on the vest is really easy as well! )
tunic21.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Assassin's Creed series costume projects (Revelations updated on 8-20-11 -page.3)

Man your stuff just get's more and more breath taking

Re: Assassin's Creed series costume projects (Revelations updated on 8-20-11 -page.3)

Serious attention to detail, very cool. :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back