Assassin's Creed costume showoff *updated pics page 3*

Re: Assassin's Creed costume showoff

Excellet work their!! Just fade and weather the crap out of everything and it will all come together nicely!!

Best altair so far! I though the picture was right out of the game!

Thanks guys. That means a lot. :D

I took some new pics, after I weathered it...

IMG_3177.jpg

IMG_3181.jpg

IMG_3182.jpg
22.jpg

From the first clump of pictures, I had originally COVERED every bit of the costume with top soil, from a pile I have in my back yard. I live in the Northeast, so the dirt here is pretty black, rather than the brown or red/orangy stuff from down south. I rubbed the dirt in, rubbed the fabric into the dirt, let it dry and banged off the rest. And it looked almost clean afterwards. :unsure

So, this time, I used brown shoe polish and rubbed a small amount onto a paper towel and gently rubbed it against the fabric. It looks MUCH better now. I know you can't tell by these new pictur, but the whole thing truly is filthy.

My daughter took these pics, so sorry they aren't as clear as the first batch. My wife wasn't home at the time.

Last edited:

Thanks guys. That means a lot. :D

I took some new pics, after I weathered it...
...I know you can't tell by these new pictur, but the whole thing truly is filthy.

You should be able to tell in pictures. Always weather a bit more than you think you should. Also, misting with gray spray paint helps a lot to dingy down everything. The left gauntlet and shoulder for instance. Also it looks like there is some splattering of black near the tails. I'd use craft/tempera paint. $1 a bottle at any craft store. Also, hit the leather with sandpaper. His boots are pretty well scuffed.

I actually used highly, watered down acrylic paint to do the wethering on my tunics
The more grime and contrast I wanted, the more I'd add.. Or take out water.
1384113.jpg

It really looks great man, but like others are saying, I just don't think it looks dirty 'enough'. Personally I think you're really going to have to grit your teeth on this one and get some darker, more permanent brows in there. Also, your knives and swords look REALLY pristine. I think a black wash would be well suited.

Last edited:
best I've ever seen :thumbsup! Great costume! I think the leather just may need to be a bit darker though. The red sash in the back may need to be a little shorter as well. And you'll need to cut off your finger... just for added effect :) (dont really cut off your finger... :))

Last edited:

You should be able to tell in pictures. Always weather a bit more than you think you should. Also, misting with gray spray paint helps a lot to dingy down everything. The left gauntlet and shoulder for instance. Also it looks like there is some splattering of black near the tails. I'd use craft/tempera paint. $1 a bottle at any craft store. Also, hit the leather with sandpaper. His boots are pretty well scuffed.

That's actually the rule that I follow the exact opposite of during modelling. When I build models I go to the point where I think "ok just a little bit more" then I stop to keep from over doing it. If i were you I'd do some yard work in it or something that way it gets weathered but not unrealistically.

I was trying to look at your album again for ideas on where to go on mine, but it seems you've password protected the album. any chance we could get the password?

:eek:eek:eek

I think it's an awful costume... Utterly ridiculous....
I suggest you send it to me for immediate disposal :love: :lol:

Seriously, excellent work - Well done!!!

Yes, i agree with Ttaskmaster . Once he's done with it, Ttaskmaster will send it to me for further disposal :angry :love
:lol .... Fantastic work man!! Fantastic work :love

well hell.. didn't know he got banned :(

I saw this at Dragon*con a couple years back, and it looked like a canvas type material. It had a solid weight to it.

He made his long and short blades out of wood. The hidden blade was a collapsible taichi sword which was cased in a wooden housing, and the daggers he had cast in resin.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back