Ash Project -Army of Darkness Photos 7-11-06

Zendragon

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
For several years I have wanted to do the Ash costume from the Army of Darkness movie. The one I have started working on is from the end of Evil Dead 2 and the beggining of AOD

ashed1.jpg

bc_army.jpg

Tracy is planning to do a costume similar to the one in the poster as seen below

army_of_darkness.jpg

With the help of a few different people (Mottman - thanks), I think this costume will finally become a reality.

Here is a progress photo of the chainsaw...

SawProgress.jpg

I am trying to put together the most accurate costume that I can, so if anyone has info to help me do that, or for Tracy's costume, please share. Thanks.

Originally posted by DarthKahnt@Mar 16 2006, 02:56 AM
Good luck with that costume. I am a big fan of the Evil Dead movies and would love to see a good Ash costume.
[snapback]1206713[/snapback]​

Well I am hoping that I can do it justice...

I will keep the thread updated with progress.

I'll be interested is watching this to see how it developes. There was somone dressed as Ash walking around our local Renaissance Festival last year - I thought it was a very inspired choice - and a welcome surprise to say the least. We just needed some deadites there to spice things up a bit.

Remember... "Shop smart... Shop S-Mart."

chainsaw link
It wold be cool if you could get this guy to sell you just the "guts" of his prop and incorporate it in you saw...I've seen and heard this thing and "played" with this prop in chicago...It's pretty loud and awesome.
mike

YES. Somebody needs to do a good ash costume. Here's my two cents to help you along. I think I own a pair of the pants. Dickies makes a Twill Jean (not to be confused with their regular workpant) that comes in a color called 'chocolate'. http://www.dickies.com/wc2/product.asp?cat...%AE+TWILL+JEANS They look like the thing to me. It entirely possible that the shirt is a dickies too. take a look http://www.dickies.com/wc2/product.asp?cat...%2FSHORT+SLEEVE

Hope this is helpful. Keep us posted with the progress.

Originally posted by Grimm Jimm@Mar 17 2006, 01:47 AM
I'll be interested is watching this to see how it developes.  There was somone dressed as Ash walking around our local Renaissance Festival last year - I thought it was a very inspired choice - and a welcome surprise to say the least.  We just needed some deadites there to spice things up a bit.

Remember... "Shop smart... Shop S-Mart."
[snapback]1207416[/snapback]​

Hey that's hnot a half bad idea.

Originally posted by howlingwind13@Mar 18 2006, 08:51 PM
chainsaw link
It wold be cool if you could get this guy to sell you just the "guts" of his prop and incorporate it in you saw...I've seen and heard this thing and "played" with this prop in chicago...It's pretty loud and awesome.
mike
[snapback]1208411[/snapback]​

Thanks for the link, I will check it out. I definitely want some sound.

Originally posted by Rogue187@Mar 19 2006, 04:38 PM
What kind of shotgun does ASH use.
The brand and model would be helpful..
[snapback]1208835[/snapback]​

What TimDrakeRobine said.... the exact quote:

"Now listen up, you primitive screwheads. See this? This... is my boomstick. The 12-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about $109.95. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You *got* that?"

Darth Mule, thanks for the links... you could be onto something there.

Well I finally got some photos and things are starting to take shape now. My chainsaw and shotgun should be here anyday (pray)

The first photo is of Tracy's dress. Made by the amazing people at the-magic-wardrobe.com and it is based on one of the dresses that "Shiela" wears in Army of Darkness

Original_21.jpg

The shirt and harness started here:

AODShirtHarness.jpg

I was able to find a similar shirt from e-bay and carefully selected the materials for the harness.

Many screen shots later, I think I figured out which straps were webbing and which were leather

AshProg02.jpg

Next came the fun part, destressing everything

AshProg04.jpg

Once I had all the rips and tears in place, I could bring on some blood

AshProg05.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(ob1al @ Jul 11 2006, 06:53 PM) [snapback]1278747[/snapback]</div>
Brilliant - keep us updated. :thumbsup
[/b]

will do...

Think I forget the latest photos, the more distressed look. I have since darkened the top more, dyed the pants and will put finishing touching up the weathering at the con...

AshProg07.jpg

AshProg08.jpg

I was at store the other day called Factory Card Outlet, and in their Haloween section they had a big plastic chainsaw. I'm positive it had some sort of electronic sound, but I didn't want to start in up...didn't want to draw any attention as the store was really quiet.

That could probably be incorporated into your saw...but I don't know about the volume.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back