Ash Project -Army of Darkness Photos 7-11-06

I just bought a chainsaw for our haunted house...now because you CAN'T have a gas chainsaw indoors( fire hazard) I bought one with digital sound...definantly too expensive for your costume but this sucker is loud.
It's battery powered (like a big battery. comes with a belt clip) but it's very light and really cool.
Check out the link.

spooky props
mike

I put an Ash costume together about 5 years ago for Halloween, and have been in the process of "upgrading" it ever since. I'm still looking for a good chainsaw - I'm still using my stepdad's broken 30" Stihl that first inspired me to do the costume - That thing is a beast to pack around...

Here's a picture of a friend using it this year - The chainsaw definately helps... =)

I had a watch five years ago that was perfect - Traditional silver face with a brown leather band, but it has since been broken. The shoes are some sort of 80's HiTech waffle stomper with metal A-ring lace loops. Some stuff (specifically the pants) varies from EDII to AOD. I sketched up all the scars & sratches (Face and body) at some point, but I'm pretty sure it got sucked into a vortex with the watch...

297038219_be5b351208.jpg

I had assumed the whole thing was leather when I first did it, but afterward, I had the "cloth/leather" debate with some friends of mine. We didn't look into it too extensively, but didn't come up with anything that was unmistakably one way or the other - Is there a particular place in the movie where you can tell for sure?

I forgot that I hadn't updated this thread...

So now I will...

AshSaw.jpg

AshSaw2.jpg

The saw is built from a real chainsaw that has been gutted. A member here took the commission to great what I think is an amazing work of art.

This is one of the shots from Comic Con, and I think it was better at Dragon*Con... I will post a photo from that soon.

AshZen.jpg

Congrats. Glad you like everything.

Just want to point out that the bar and chain are one piece of plexiglass - convention safe, and add almost nothing to the overall weight. How much does the saw weigh? A couple pounds, if that?

I wanted to refresh it so I can try and steal as many ideas as I could for my other thread I have about trying to cheaply put this together.

I wanted to refresh it so I can try and steal as many ideas as I could for my other thread I have about trying to cheaply put this together.

You know, this costume was one of the cheaper ones that I have done, most expensive part being the chainsaw/shotgun which was made by motman241

The rest was just found at second hand stores and distressed. The leather was based off of a leather hide, but you could easily use leather from belts and the webbing portion is just a military web belt.

Total investment, maybe $300

Wow, good job. You look just like him.

Thanks man!

Heya,

You really do have "the look" for Ash. Good job!

I was the armourer who built most of the arms and armour for the film in '91.

If you get a hankerin' to do the Evil Ash rig, I can help. I have lots of photos of what I built for the show, granted I'd have to find time to scan them (they're from the years before digital, so they're prints), and I have a cast from the mold we used for the original helmet.

Cheers,

Jeffrey H.

Last edited:
Heya,

You really do have "the look" for Ash. Good job!

I was the armourer who built most of the arms and armour for the film in '91.

If you get a hankerin' to do the Evil Ash rig, I can help. I have lots of photos of what I built for the show, granted I'd have to find time to scan them (they're from the years before digital, so they're prints), and I have a cast from the mold we used for the original helmet.

Cheers,

Jeffrey H.

Oh wow cool! and thanks! I might have to give that some thought. Any chance you also did the guantlet?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back