Art Asylum / Diamond Select TOS Phaser build with metal parts.

One more showing battery pack. Battery is a 900mAH Lith-ion 3.7 volts equipped with a protective circuit that protects battery from overcharging and overcurrent......................Metal parts (cooling fins, P1 release, nozzle, trigger are from Scifiprops.com. Emitter Tip is from Myron Stapleton. P1 Jewel from HMS.

PICT0674.jpg

Last edited:
One more showing battery pack. Battery is a 900mAH Lith-ion 3.7 volts equipped with a protective circuit that protects battery from overcharging and overcurrent......................Metal parts (cooling fins, P1 release, nozzle, trigger are from Scifiprops.com. Emitter Tip is from Myron Stapleton. P1 Jewel from HMS.

PICT0674.jpg
Awesome! So happy to see laser installation pics. I have one , but was afraid to take it apart and possibly mess up the laser. Always wondered how it all went together.

...I wanted to add that the Laser equipped phaser I have runs on 2 AA batteries.

The AA batteries power the pager motor too. The P1 still has the watch batteries to run the blue LED and sound effects.

If that helps anyone with their build...?

Edit: Batteries are accessed by removing the bottom of the handle.

Yes i had figured the nozzle would be the heatsink.
I have the same laser diode with flexdrive still have to pick up a protection circuit and battery pack.
I have 90% of all needed parts collected so i should be starting mine this week.

The P-2 Trigger activates the P1 Circuit, which is connected via the 2 pins in the P2 body to a small solid state relay. The relay allows the laser power supply (the 3.7 volt lith-ion battery) to run seperate from the P1 batteries. The P1 batteries do not have enough energy to power the laser for very long if at all.

That was a problem on captain pikes laser pistol but the problem was solved when the phaser which uses a more powerful phased energy beam powered by a dilithium crystal was introduced because the dilithium crystal absorbs all particle seepage and redirects it back to the main power supply.

"But what about post-secondary chronoton conversion due to lithium/laser charged particle seepage?"

I don't have no stinkin PSCC with charged particle seepage on my rigs....:lol

Wow! Safetyman
Really nice work on those phasers.
I have had your phaser rifle video on my ytube favorites for a while i want my laser to pulse like that. Very very cool...

Last edited:
Wow! Spacerone,
Really nice work on those phasers.
I have had your phaser rifle video on my ytube favorites for a while i want my laser to pulse like that. Very very cool...

Actually, the phaser rifle and others are made by safetyman. He has been very generous with information on the electronics.

As far as I can tell, you will have to decide if you want LED's like the one I have...switchable btwn laser and LED...or making a pulsing laser beam.

From safetyman:
"The TOS Rifle and AA/DST TOS Hand Phaser use the same circuit (I had a doaner AA/DST Phaser P1 circuit for the Rifle). The Assault, HMS TOS and Boomerang don't pulse. I don't use any LED's in my builds. I adapt the LED portion of the circuit to drive a small relay that then drives the laser."

The laser install in safetyman's is quite different from the one in mine.

I think I would prefer the pulsing laser though:love

Actually, the phaser rifle and others are made by safetyman. He has been very generous with information on the electronics.

As far as I can tell, you will have to decide if you want LED's like the one I have...switchable btwn laser and LED...or making a pulsing laser beam.

From safetyman:
"The TOS Rifle and AA/DST TOS Hand Phaser use the same circuit (I had a doaner AA/DST Phaser P1 circuit for the Rifle). The Assault, HMS TOS and Boomerang don't pulse. I don't use any LED's in my builds. I adapt the LED portion of the circuit to drive a small relay that then drives the laser."

The laser install in safetyman's is quite different from the one in mine.

I think I would prefer the pulsing laser though:love

REdYoda does he have a photo of the modification inside the phaser that shows the set up or a list of parts required that he uses to get the effect?

spacerone...start HERE

I like having the ability to switch from blue LED to green laser and it's cool that all of the buttons/dials on my phaser have functionality...

...but the pulsing laser effect is just waaay cool!

Probably if given the choice I would go for the pulsing beam... :confused

Something else to consider:

With my phaser's electronics the P1 works independently with a very bright pulsating blue LED.
And, the P2 also functions without the P1...still switches between blue LED and the laser. This is a pretty cool feature.

Heck, I just realized I can put in a P1 from any of my other DST phasers...then I have Blue & Red LED's...and a green laser all in one...:love

I hope the OP doesn't mind me asking this, I was wondering does anyone know the best UK available spray paint to use on the P1 ?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back