Arkham Knight Batsuit v8.04

i was reseacrhing this suit alot a few months ago before deciding to go with a differnt charecter. from the concept designs there is no navy blue its silver and black lether combined with the (liquid armour) which is basically raised honeycomb over lycra, you could either pay for a screen print, dye sub and 3d paint or just go with a sports mesh if you dont mind it not being 100%.
my idea was to commission someone to do a dye sube of the undersuits and the 3d paint the honeycomb and stitch lines as if its printed on a resonably shiny fabric it will look very much like leather without the breathability problems.

look forward to seeing your costume i hope to tackle this next year after i have a few projects out of the way.

@tjbro13 Yeah, I'm expecting it to be warm, this certainly won't be a summer con costume. Luckily England is normally quite wet and breezy. I picked the thinnest pleather I could find so I'd imagine it would be similar in temperature to a latex or muscle suit.. or one of those new mass produced deadpool suits i keep seeing around.

The suit will be made up of panels so if I think about it I may be able to disguise various ventilation points.

View attachment 612618

The hexagonal texture fabric would be a lighter more breathable material. (fortunately this also goes under the arms).
The other panels overlap each other.
Anybody got an opinion on the Navy blue patches? I assume they are dark blue but It may also be the lighting/ surface material. I cannot make up my mind but I think a bit of blue might make it more interesting.

The gloves.. THE GLOVES! are the most detailed looking part of the suit, I think I will be ignoring these for the build and just find an acceptable substitute
for now

View attachment 612622View attachment 612621View attachment 612620View attachment 612619

The Cowl 3d model is now finished. All the corrections have been made now as far as I can tell so It'll soon be time to double check measurements and split it up so it fits in my printer.

View attachment 612624View attachment 612623

- - - Updated - - -

Can you make a printable template of these gauntlets?
if you're after pep instead of 3d print someone attatched them too JFCustoms page.

sp1derman. Thanks dude, yeah I've been looking at the concepts too. The suit in first trailer actually differs to the finalized game model as far as I can tell. The shinguard texture in the trailer has a carbonfibre like pattern but the game does not. I can see the silver and black sections, im assuming the navy colour must just be a shinier black? I will have a look at what looks better. I will be 3d printing a honeycomb pattern mold to cast a soft urethane or silicone pattern as a raised texture to stick onto the lycra (much like the spiderman webs). That way they should be really even. I found puffypainting didnt give me as clean results as what i was after when i made my spidey costume.
I will grab some more screenshots in different lighting conditions from the game again today and make a decision.

Update* I got the bottom of the cowl reprinted this week. It is all assembled and have started sanding. I sent off some high res prints to shapeways yesterday. I decided I needed the gauntlet spikes and some of the detailed screws printed in UFD so I should get those next week. Will post some more pics once they arrive and the cowl is sanded/primed ready for molding

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah its a pain alot of the HD shots of the costume aren't actually the same as what you see in the game im hoping to figure out how to take screen shots on my XBOX one (excuse to play the game for the 8th time) i've actually just purchased DO3D's files to start building my own.

Le me know how th silcone honeycomb comes and if you willing to sell a set to fellow Bat:)

with the colours honestly i think the undersuit is grey leather, black leather and liquid armour (honeycomb texture) and the blue is just reflection of light. obviously being a computer creation its impposible for us to ever know for certain. the only reason im going for a dye sub undersuit is i struggle with heat alot in my suits and so would prefer as light as possible undersuit. i may sew a proper one down the line for diplay with bicep padding as i want gifften with batmans 20 inch arms lol

look forward to seeing your progress

@sp1derman. Thanks dude, yeah I've been looking at the concepts too. The suit in first trailer actually differs to the finalized game model as far as I can tell. The shinguard texture in the trailer has a carbonfibre like pattern but the game does not. I can see the silver and black sections, im assuming the navy colour must just be a shinier black? I will have a look at what looks better. I will be 3d printing a honeycomb pattern mold to cast a soft urethane or silicone pattern as a raised texture to stick onto the lycra (much like the spiderman webs). That way they should be really even. I found puffypainting didnt give me as clean results as what i was after when i made my spidey costume.
I will grab some more screenshots in different lighting conditions from the game again today and make a decision.

Update* I got the bottom of the cowl reprinted this week. It is all assembled and have started sanding. I sent off some high res prints to shapeways yesterday. I decided I needed the gauntlet spikes and some of the detailed screws printed in UFD so I should get those next week. Will post some more pics once they arrive and the cowl is sanded/primed ready for molding

Also for the gloves contact DO3D they make a file for the hands I'm sure they'd sell just parts of it if you asked

Sent From The Batcave

Yeah its a pain alot of the HD shots of the costume aren't actually the same as what you see in the game im hoping to figure out how to take screen shots on my XBOX one (excuse to play the game for the 8th time) i've actually just purchased DO3D's files to start building my own.

Le me know how th silcone honeycomb comes and if you willing to sell a set to fellow Bat:)

with the colours honestly i think the undersuit is grey leather, black leather and liquid armour (honeycomb texture) and the blue is just reflection of light. obviously being a computer creation its impposible for us to ever know for certain. the only reason im going for a dye sub undersuit is i struggle with heat alot in my suits and so would prefer as light as possible undersuit. i may sew a proper one down the line for diplay with bicep padding as i want gifften with batmans 20 inch arms lol

look forward to seeing your progress

There's a guy on deviantart 'xnasyndicate' that has ripped the game file. Its low res but you are right with the black grey. The diffuse maps dont have any blue on them at all. There are certainly two types of black which reflect differently though.

I will definitely be adding foam padding in the biceps too!
There is already someone selling the honeycomb material by the sheet, it is a bit pricey but with labour cost its reasonable. I will find a link and post it (or a pic and name). Im only thinking of making it myself to reduce cost.

IMG_20160506_221721.jpg IMG_20160510_082402.jpgIMG_20160506_222046.jpg

A few updates. I got some high res buttons/screws printed so they were accurate. Also the gauntlet blades. These will be molded and cast in plastic or rubber. The cowl is getting there slowly. I need to finish sanding and cleaning it up some more. I will be getting the sides printed in high detail and attaching before the molding process

View attachment 612370

The grey faux leather came today. This stuff is perfect for what I want the undersuit to be made of. Im keeping an eye on the navy blue and black for when it comes back in stock.
4280b881556de192c56a62af9aab32a4.jpg

I'm half considering getting something similar to this (to avoid loads of pattern construction) and getting some honeycomb lycra.

Just ordered all my prints so I'm sure I'll be messaging you for tips. Probably end up finishing our suits around the same time :)

Sent From The Batcave

Screen Shot 2016-05-15 at 21.49.37.png
sp1derman . This is the fabric I found, you'd have to message him for details for this etc. I'd be willing to send you some of mine once its done too although you'd probably be better gluing it onto the material of your choice yourself.
If you've ordered all your prints you will likely be done before me ;D. I'm aiming for October for the full suit but we'll see. Maybe if I take some time off work I'll get it done before. still working on making sure my models are accurate, trying to split the prints up to get the best details. I'm currently making a mannequin of myself for making the undersuit, oddly looking forward to the pattern construction, its a massive challenge.. so much detail, even urethane looking pads on the elbows and knees.

Will you be able to find the same material for the torso? or are you going to use another pair for patching?

You got a thread going? I'll subscribe to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
id order 3 sets to be on the safe side for makinng the undersuit all from the same fabric. it is an awful lot of costruction but the costume is so worth all the work.
im not a big fan of pattern making but do it quite a bit however i think for this a standared legging and top pattern heavily modified would do the trick niceley.
ill have to see if i can get hold of the guy bout that raised fabric :)

i wont start my own thread till i have something good to show for it :)

at $40 dollars a tile how many do you reckon is needed for the AK undersuit?

a that sort of pring i may still go with the dye sub idea

View attachment 625172
@sp1derman . This is the fabric I found, you'd have to message him for details for this etc. I'd be willing to send you some of mine once its done too although you'd probably be better gluing it onto the material of your choice yourself.
If you've ordered all your prints you will likely be done before me ;D. I'm aiming for October for the full suit but we'll see. Maybe if I take some time off work I'll get it done before. still working on making sure my models are accurate, trying to split the prints up to get the best details. I'm currently making a mannequin of myself for making the undersuit, oddly looking forward to the pattern construction, its a massive challenge.. so much detail, even urethane looking pads on the elbows and knees.

Will you be able to find the same material for the torso? or are you going to use another pair for patching?

You got a thread going? I'll subscribe to it.

Last edited:
View attachment 624112 View attachment 624114View attachment 624113

A few updates. I got some high res buttons/screws printed so they were accurate. Also the gauntlet blades. These will be molded and cast in plastic or rubber. The cowl is getting there slowly. I need to finish sanding and cleaning it up some more. I will be getting the sides printed in high detail and attaching before the molding process

That cowl is FANTASTIC. Probably my dream cowl actually, amazing work.

at $40 dollars a tile how many do you reckon is needed for the AK undersuit?

a that sort of pring i may still go with the dye sub idea

Not too sure, I guess it depends on your measurements. By whole suit I guess he means a bodys worth, bit you only need patches. If I was to take a stab in the dark Id say you could probably squeeze two patches per tile?. If it was me id probably make the tile to the biggest patch only, that way my stencil mold wont have to be too large

Thanks guys!

Apologies this thread is pretty slow, your comments keep me motivated to work faster! Haha, I'll get an update posted saturday.
I think the undersuit is going to go on the back burner for me ne the armour and Cape is costing over £800 so a basic dye sub will have to do for now then next year I can build a better one I've started a buold thread called arkham knight 3d Batsuit if you wanna check it out here's my first gauntlet
3ad5e0068df96357408b473e921076e8.jpg

Hope this doesn't come across as thread jack if it does just say and I'll remove the pic [emoji1]

Sent From The Batcave

I think the undersuit is going to go on the back burner for me ne the armour and Cape is costing over £800 so a basic dye sub will have to do for now then next year I can build a better one I've started a buold thread called arkham knight 3d Batsuit if you wanna check it out here's my first gauntlet http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160517/3ad5e0068df96357408b473e921076e8.jpg
Hope this doesn't come across as thread jack if it does just say and I'll remove the pic [emoji1]

Sent From The Batcave

Sweet! looks good man! cant wait to get mine done! I see you've gone with a longer third blade?
I'm pretty sure I'm nearing that price with all my supplies so far.. It's gonna be an expensive suit, unfortunately Wayne tech aren't funding it ;)

Sweet! looks good man! cant wait to get mine done! I see you've gone with a longer third blade?
I'm pretty sure I'm nearing that price with all my supplies so far.. It's gonna be an expensive suit, unfortunately Wayne tech aren't funding it ;)
Tbh I've just gone with what I was sent DO3D took the files directly from the game renders.
Yeah it's not cheap but from my working out its still cheaper then a UD and I'll have a full suit
It's my favourite Batsuit plus no rubber (can stand wearing rubber cowls lol)

He reckons the whole suit will be printed by mid June at the latest then I can start the finish and paint, think I'll be using alot of sticky vinyl though for the carbon fibre and honeycomb abs ect

Sent From The Batcave

Blur what you planning to do about the ribbed neck? I was thinking a storm trooper neck Seal?

No idea yet. Im thinking the majority of it will be fabric with some padded areas and have a hidden zipper in the side/front. Ill see what sort of tubing I can get for the outer rim and potentially use something similar for the neck ridges.
The armour is the priority at the minute, but once I get the cowl molded I'll probably want to jump on that part.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back