Are there any Australian cosplay/costume/replica making forums out there?

Rinzler

Hey all I am wondering if any Australian members of therpf are aware of any Australian forums, just so I can better source materials as many people on these forums tend to use brand names to describe materials or are able to source their materials due to living in other countries.

Most of the sites I've located aren't very helpful in terms of costuming outside of lycra and material costumes. Dalchem and Barnes both have locations in Australia which can supply a lot of equipment for sculpting, molding and casting materials. Plasti-dip is the most difficult item to find for those who use it on latex items. Outside of Melbourn there is a place that offers both the spray and big tin versions but can't remember the company or whether they ship outside of Melbourne.

Greg

Hey man! I'm from Brisbane, If you're looking for Plasti-dip, you can order it in from Repco, or through the importer, Ashdown-Ingram.

You're looking at about $30 per aerosol can.

Not sure of an forums mate, but I use Barnes for all my moulding/casting materials. I've always found them nice to deal with.

Hi Boomer, yeah I am Northern NSW so Brisvegas or GC are likely sources for me especially since Clarks Rubber here in Ballina closed down (my EVA suppliers).

Cbstudios thank you soooooo much there is a Repco in Lismore so I'll try them this week, hard to get anything done, I got work, study and a wife laid up with a broken foot and 9 month old bubba to take care of, time consuming stuff :S

Awesome I'm in Brisvegas during the week for work try to get out of town as much as possible on weekends though.

Coming soon a Brisvegas prop party to go with all the others starting, may as well stick to the trend. :lol

I live in northern NSW also.. good to see so many are close by nower days. Albeit 3 hrs drive or so :p

Wanna be costumer here in Cairns, plus I know of another like minded guy in Bris Vegas, another member here, but not too active

@Rinzler - No problem mate, Took me a while to track it down, but I know you can get it here, one small step for Aus......

Anyone coming to Brisbane Supanova?

Hiya, in Melbourne myself. Im friends with a bunch of costumers, but not sure about cosplay groups, there's a very active 501st group if it's star wars costumes however.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back