Thank you. I had not noticed the mustache but knew it bugged me. Just couldn't grasp why. I can do some steam and relaxer cream to match the direction. The brow will require a little fill in toward the nose but maybe that is just shading. Not sure yet. I did some fill in for previous builds but never brow hair.
Yep, his brows are fairly straight and bushy because the skin below his eyebrows have a steeper angle than yours making it "droopy" and partially hiding his eyelids (downward to his left/right side of his face).
That's why you'll have to fake it with straighter and more "furnished" brows.

Good news!! They fixed the app I use for facial comparison. There are many with similar names but here is a screen grab of the right one:

Screenshot_20230111-101828_Google Play Store.jpg

I am currently working on a few facial tweaks. Eyebrows, facial hair shape and color but also some more intense changes. Orlando's nose and ears are not the same as mine nor near enough for me to leave it alone. I am working on a non obvious method (hidden from the camera) to widen my nose and will post again when that hurdle is passed. Today, I was working on ears and am super stoked to present my first attempt. This is a new technique that I have not seen used before. Ya, I get that is pretty obscenely unlikely in such a large and active world but I am speaking from my own experience and have not seen it done. Orlando's ear is LESS fleshy than mine so sculpting a prosthetic takes me in the wrong direction because it is additive, not subtractive. I am experimenting with scar makeup, Mehron brand Rigid Collodian as a temporary Negative flesh sculpting tool while also using its shrinking effect to directionally pull similar to the use of skin taping. I am not a teacher so do not expect the following to provide all the cautionary instructions, look them up if you use this.

The following in sequence is my untouched ear, then Orlando's and then my Mehron collodian ear. I have not done any smoothing nor makeup because I want to show the effect, not the finished cosplay. This is my very rough, first attempt at this new process.

Screenshot_20230119-230351_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230119-230310_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230119-230259_Gallery.jpg

Wow...that's really close to his earo_O :cool: :cool: (y) (y) As you know, the ear is a better way to identify clones of Presidents/criminals!
It's better than finger prints;) Fantastic job for sure. You could fill the upper lobe area; he has a larger one coming before the major loop.
My wife said that some eyebrow lacquer filler might be a good option to fill them, as well as the moustache and the overall beard.
I'm sure you're familiar with false eyelashes. Cutting them to glue them and fill what's missing + adding the lacquer filler and color match.

Wow...that's really close to his earo_O :cool: :cool: (y) (y) As you know, the ear is a better way to identify clones of Presidents/criminals!
It's better than finger prints;) Fantastic job for sure. You could fill the upper lobe area; he has a larger one coming before the major loop.
My wife said that some eyebrow lacquer filler might be a good option to fill them, as well as the moustache and the overall beard.
I'm sure you're familiar with false eyelashes. Cutting them to glue them and fill what's missing + adding the lacquer filler and color match.
Ha!!!!! No, I hadn't even thought of the false eyelashes!! I am so new to this stuff that I am running on overload for info, learning curve, and somehow had myself stuck in the rut of monster makeup effects. No kidding, I have used goat hair, horse hair, my own hair, wig hair but all because I got in a track of thought based on videos I saw on Stan Winston. They do mostly creatures and monsters. The beauty tips don't come up often. I am sideswiped when someone tells me of a known beauty makeup application, so keep them coming. I have found myself in a weird spot of attempting to learn film effects makeup but for the intent of disguise makeup. I need to fill in the gaps in my training with some cosmetics and beauty makeup courses. The school, Stan Winston, is very accessible and they respond quickly with new classes or answers to questions, so I will bring this up and request some beauty makeup training.

Ha!!!!! No, I hadn't even thought of the false eyelashes!! I am so new to this stuff that I am running on overload for info, learning curve, and somehow had myself stuck in the rut of monster makeup effects. No kidding, I have used goat hair, horse hair, my own hair, wig hair but all because I got in a track of thought based on videos I saw on Stan Winston. They do mostly creatures and monsters. The beauty tips don't come up often. I am sideswiped when someone tells me of a known beauty makeup application, so keep them coming. I have found myself in a weird spot of attempting to learn film effects makeup but for the intent of disguise makeup. I need to fill in the gaps in my training with some cosmetics and beauty makeup courses. The school, Stan Winston, is very accessible and they respond quickly with new classes or answers to questions, so I will bring this up and request some beauty makeup training.
Sometimes it's good to go to make-up "How to" on YouTube; it's for women, but they offer great tips on a range of tricks that you could use for you;)

Sometimes it's good to go to make-up "How to" on YouTube; it's for women, but they offer great tips on a range of tricks that you could use for you;)
I did this today and purposely looked up tips on covering scars. Logical progression since I am using a scar effects makeup to reshape my ear and need it to then look like an unscarred ear that is a new shape. I am now armed with a whole new set of terms and will be doing some scar coverup tests on my next ear sculpt trial. Will post when complete. Looks like plenty of info on moving eyebrows too. As my sister tells me, it is time to play dress-up.

Last edited:
I have almost completed my ear process but am awaiting more product to finish testing. In the wait, I have begun work on custom nose plugs for flaring my nostrils to match. I purchased a basting syringe (did not attach the needle) and am filling it with skin safe Alginate. I then created a grommet from clay around the plastic injection opening to create a seal against the outside of my nostril (only one at a time). Tipping my head forward, lightly pressing the opening of the clay ringed plunger case to my nose and filling my nostril with a small amount of alginate cast. This is the same material used for dental impressions but a softer version. It sets up in only a minute. Now I have the initial cast of the inside of my nose. With this, I will make a mold. From that I will add a small amount for the additional flare and remold and finally cast some rubber nose plugs to keep the flare correct without an external appliance. Let's all agree that I cannot advise following this method for safety reasons. I will post photos when both plugs are completed and tested.

PS The new product I will be testing for my ear is Dermaflage:

I think the trick with widening nostrils is sound; albeit you'll have to breathe by your mouth only...as for that Dermaflage; it seems very interesting for sure! The "pore pad" will surely add a level of a natural skin look (y) (y)

I think the trick with widening nostrils is sound; albeit you'll have to breathe by your mouth only...as for that Dermaflage; it seems very interesting for sure! The "pore pad" will surely add a level of a natural skin look (y) (y)
I was really leaning toward thinking it was a fake product that sounded too good to be true. But I checked and these videos are made by actual industry effects artists. They really do use the product.

It's available on Amazon(y)
My first indicator that it must be successful was all the Chinese knockoffs on Amazon and ebay. It used to be that ebay had all the sketchy sellers and you could trust Amazon but now Amazon will promote the knockoff fake over the original until the original finally gives up and shutters their company.

If that doesn't work; you could also use brush-on liquid latex (mold making) + your appropriate color foundation and mix it together and see how it goes.:unsure:

If that doesn't work; you could also use brush-on liquid latex (mold making) + your appropriate color foundation and mix it together and see how it goes.:unsure:
The latex is my next test if my dermaflage isn't a complete success. The base of the experiment was the ear shape change which is already fully successful so now it is making it closeup worthy and whatever wins, wins. It will be my first time using either product so its worth it just to get the feel for both.

The latex is my next test if my dermaflage isn't a complete success. The base of the experiment was the ear shape change which is already fully successful so now it is making it closeup worthy and whatever wins, wins. It will be my first time using either product so its worth it just to get the feel for both.
As long as you don't put latex on your eyebrows...o_O:oops::p

Successful tests with Dermaflage. It really does just disappear into your skin. No wonder it is such a successful product online for scar coverup. I did some messing around but have not had the right setup to do my ears.... as in, my mirror setup and or camera and monitor setup is not done so working on the side of my head is not possible. The following is a second test I did with some clear silicone on my hand just to practice the tech without wasting my dermaflage (which is matched to my skin tone of my ear).
20230221_235047.jpg

The application is nearly impossible to see after using the dermaflage texture pad applicator. On the left side of this picture on the raised bone in my wrist, the shine dot is the front edge of about an inch sized circle of silicone coverup. When I get my mirrors and booth setup, I will do another run on my ears or I can grow eye stalks and look around the side of my head, whichever happens first.

Looks very good and, invisible to my eyes (y) (y) The only thing possible to make sure you do your ears right is to plug a video cam to a monitor and then, you'll see what you want to see...I don't know if you can get such a get-up?

Looks very good and, invisible to my eyes (y) (y) The only thing possible to make sure you do your ears right is to plug a video cam to a monitor and then, you'll see what you want to see...I don't know if you can get such a get-up?
All a matter of digging through storage boxes but yes. It will be this week's goal.

Today's update will be a bit difficult to follow because my lighting is so dim/bright contrast that my phone camera was bugging out and smudged digitally. Not cool. First, I had started a thread on eyebrows here (rpf):

Need advice on painting eyebrow hairs on live model, not punched. Self applied.​

And had great success with one mechanical pencil for brows and two fine tip art pens.

Secondly, I did both ears using my new Rigid Collodian method.

Here are some side by sides and my facial app progress at a nice 85%. At 85, my mother can't tell who is who. I wish the lighting were closer matching because even though the computer can still map the face, it is not as satisfying as having matching lighting.

20230328_214927.jpg

My apologies on the lower facial hair. I was not doing a full test and was focused on the ears and eyebrows today so the other was not groomed to match.

20230328_215118.jpg

This one included some nasal inserts for a flare test (with one line of rigid collodian to drop the tip slant downward) and pumped up the final match by 4 percent. I was advised earlier on needing the flare on this (Joberg) and had done several trials with metal braces and once with a fill but this time used a temporary solution with Ben Nye nose sculpting wax. It is meant for external sculpting but has worked well for this very short lived pose need. It would not suffice for going to cons and I would need to find a more permanent mold and cast material. And I did not place the loop earring in this test. When I can get better close up pics of the painted brow hairs, I will update.

Two things of note: 1) I have been squaring my jaw with mastic resin exercises but also found he does a facial move that pulls down on each side of his mouth (similar to frown muscles) while simultaneously pulling up on his nose to each side (will create a drawn example). 2) His facial hair, specifically his sideburns are so dark that it allows the cosplayer to frame their face to match even when the jawline is somewhat dissimilar. You are drawing a new simulated jawline using sideburns. It even fools the facial comparison app.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back