Archive (2020) movie

Markus

Sr Member
Tomorrow, July 10, is the (online-only) release date of the new (SciFi) movie "Archive".
This is the feature-length debut by director/producer Gavin Rothery - about artificial intelligence, set in 2038.
Further information is at the movie database Archive (2020) - IMDb and Rotten Tomatoes Archive (2020).
And here is the trailer
This looks very promising to me and the first reviews are also all rather good (see the links at the movie database).
What I love immediately is the aesthetics of this movie which reminds me a lot of Moon (2009), and thus, 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968).

And the similarity to "Moon" does not come as a surprise: Director Gavin Rothery has worked on Moon (2009) as production designer - among other things, he created the bord computer GERTY 3000. (This is actually, how I heard about this movie, as I am currently building a replica of GERTY 3000 - here is the build thread).

Dirty_Gerty_03.png

Some more stuff:
An interview with Gavin Rothery on "Archive"
and an earlier short movie from him: "The Last Man" (2015)

Attachments

• 10634.jpg
    10634.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 106
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back