Anyone done a Supernatural hunter's book?

Sulla

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I am working on my own custom supernatural hunter's book. I am filling it with weird obits, supernatural writings, some Supernatural TV show references, and a lot of other kewl stuff. I pilfered my old Book of Vampires, Gaylay's Myths, a very old Latin bible I bought at a used book store full of interesting woodcuts and strange Gothic fonts, a yoga book full of interesting chakra and yoga images, fake and real newspaper articles, wikipedia witch, mythological creature, etc. entries, and much more...

I am also making some occult ritual banishment spells, lists of supernatural medicines and anti-venoms, anti-supernatural ammo ingredient lists and recipes, EMP reader building instructions, and scattered lists/ business cards of contact info for such persons as Van Helsing, Buffy, Alucard, and others. I have gathered all this together and am currently hand binding a book for the purpose.

I was just wondering if anyone else had done, or is working on something similar?

*SEE LAST POST FOR ADDITIONAL PIX*

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see this bounce back up.

I started THIS THREAD back in January and nobody said a peep.

I dig the show and think it's a cool prop, but hey, that's just me :p

Steve

...and in going back to the site for the first time in a while, there's a new feature showing a bunch of the fake IDs the boys use on the show.

Steve

Woah did I just miss that thread? I guess so. This is one prop I have been wanting to make. I have taken screencaps of the official Supernatural site where you can explore John Winchester's Journal just to make the prop. I've experimented to age paper and it looks cool, I just have to use them for the journal.

Plus there is a pad of definitions I'd like to make, one for each season if they do more. I got pics of those too.

It looks really involved but it would be cool to do. And as time goes on we will see more.

misterfusion, I saw the id's too and thought those could easlly be made.

Finally got home from work and got to play around with the official site. Anyone know the combination to the lock int he trunk? Or how to open the box on the back seat?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sulla @ Apr 24 2006, 06:46 PM) [snapback]1232474[/snapback]</div>
Finally got home from work and got to play around with the official site. Anyone know the combination to the lock int he trunk? Or how to open the box on the back seat?
[/b]

Ive also tried that. For some reason it wont let me try and put in the combo. They added the key in the back seat so you open the golve box, so I think before the season is over they will update it.

*Update

so after I read your post, I went to the site to see if I could get the trunk open to view the weapons...just right click over the lock and click play then it should open and show the weapons. I'm gonna try to do that for the safe. Time for screen used props. lol

OK, got some work done on my "custom supernatural hunter's book"
I made this book from scratch using leather, cardboard, glue, and of course - paper.
DSC01169.jpg

DSC01178.jpg

DSC01159.jpg

That's just a taste. Look he for my other photos:
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y297/boozee/hunter/?sc=4

A few things here... The card between these pages is an Arkham Public Library card with Johan Mallory's name as the borower. The book is full of Sci Fi and other references. Some Grail Diary inserts are in there, some more Lovecraft stuff, I'll be adding some Hellboy stuff, you'll see a morgue Toe Tag as a bookmark that I filled out to flesh out a werewolf mauling mentioned on the page it's marking, and there's some stuff from the show Supernatural in there too.

It's not finished yet. I only have about 1/3 of the book filled up. I have tons more reference material to go through before I add it in and there's some choice aging stuff I still wanna' do like blood stains, dirt, coffee rings, some burnt pages, and random occult doodles all throughout just to am a couple.

I'll keep posting pixs if folks are interested.

Hell yeah we're interested. Can you put up some links for the stuff you're putting in (books, inserts, etc.)?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TFrosst @ May 2 2006, 09:02 AM) [snapback]1236877[/snapback]</div>
Hell yeah we're interested. Can you put up some links for the stuff you're putting in (books, inserts, etc.)?
[/b]

Honestly I just did a bunch of Wikipedia and yahoo image searches.
I used phrases like
spirits
Paranormal
Werewolf
Vampire
Shtriga
Succubus
Mythological creature
Demon
Angles
Electromagnetic Field

I have some books laying around that I used including the following:
The vampire Book (The Encyclopedia of the Undead)
Scans from an old Latin Bible I picked up from Half Price Books a few years back.
DSC01179.jpg

DSC01180.jpg

scans from an old "Classic Myths, Gayley" text book I also picked up a few years back.
DSC01181.jpg

DSC01182.jpg

Random metal working scand from another old textbook called General Metal I nabbed at a yardsale.
DSC01183.jpg

DSC01184.jpg

Plus stuff from yoga books, Firearm manuals, my old boyscout maual, to name a few. One neat thing I have not yet incorporated into the book is the MIT paper on lock picking. It's illegal to own lock picks, but I can include some choice stuff from the paper along with some images of lock pick sets.
http://www.theobsessivemessenger.com/lockpickingguide.html

Damn, Andy - you're like your own little printing press and publishing company all in one.

Looks great, look forward to seeing the completed book :thumbsup

-Fred

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gigatron @ May 2 2006, 09:55 AM) [snapback]1236900[/snapback]</div>
Damn, Andy - you're like your own little printing press and publishing company all in one.

Looks great, look forward to seeing the completed book :thumbsup

-Fred
[/b]

Thanks. BTW, I PM'd you on "the other book."

Cool stuff in yer hunter's book... I like that look — scrapbook-y.

Gotta love Google Image Search :D

Those other books you have are neat, too. You collect em? Or are you just a yard sale junkie?

-Mike

I like the look of that. You could also add some info from the "book of the dead" from Evil Dead, or even the real BotD.

So did you bind the pages of that book yourself?

Wow, lots to answer. I was away on hoiliday.

Sith Sherrif Brody:
Those other books you have are neat, too. You collect em? Or are you just a yard sale junkie?[/b]
I just pick'em up here and there if they look interesting. I'm not a collector.

Dropshipbob:
I like the look of that. You could also add some info from the "book of the dead" from Evil Dead, or even the real BotD.

So did you bind the pages of that book yourself?[/b]
Thanks. I hand sewed and bound the pages and also made the cover myself.
I was thinking of doing an Evil Dead reference or two. I gotta' dig out my Evil Dead official movie companion book. I know it's around here somewhere...

Kal-ElofKripton
WOW Great Job. I think I'll have to have Andy Make My Hunter Journal I just need good pictures. Would you ever seem up to the job?[/b]
Thanks. :D I have made blank Grail diaries before, and this journal is much easier 'cause I didn't trim the pages. I just folded a bunch of stacks of 5 sheets of 8.5 x 11 paper for this book.

And here's a couple update pix. I worked on it a little before I left for vacation:
Here's the beginning of the lockpick section with fake staionary for "The Happy Hippy Hostel" in Colorado.
DSC01270.jpg

Here's a couple of the MANY spreads about the science behind EMF and it's math. Talk about writers cramp.
DSC01269.jpg

DSC01268.jpg

I accidentally printed one too many of this page of a vacation map before I left so I threw it in the journal with a fake blurb on another Hunter's tracking progress.
DSC01267.jpg

And finally, here's one of about 12 pages of made-up contacts and their contact info. I crossed some of them out and put R.I.P. next to their names, and I supplied random doodles throughout all the pages using all kinds of pens and pencils to make it look like a list that was slowly added to over the years. More aging will need to be done but I am saving that for last after I have filled the book up.
DSC01266.jpg

OK, I got some more work done on the hunter's book.

Here's the inside front cover. I've covered the spread with stamps from HPLHS and a few other fun things like the Blue Sun sticker.
DSC01296.jpg

These are the first pages. The "Opener" of the journal if you will. The drawing is a combination of a few creepy occult images I found, smeared a bit. The writing is distorted with a little water and there are some stains from... blood. Yup, I got a horrible paper cut while working on this thing and decided to "milk" it for all it was worth. Sorry if this is too gross for those of you who are sensative to such things...
DSC01297.jpg

Here's a spread I just love. It's got some nonsense about ghosts and spirits, but the pic is neat.
DSC01301.jpg

Who can forget the Windego? I found some stuff about the windego legend and some interesting artist's renderings of the creature paper-clipped in:
DSC01300.jpg

Here's one spread of many in a long section on Grimoress covering such subjects as witch hunting and deamon identification:
DSC01299.jpg

Again, here is the link to the photo album with more pix:
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y297/boozee/hunter/

This is cool. Though I am not a fan of the show I love this piece. It sorta reminds me of the Tobin's Spirit Guide mentioned in Ghostbusters.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back