Any Life Aquatic props out there?

sd1138

I was just wondering if there were any "The Life Aquatic" props out there?

Something like the Zissou ring or mabye the posters that he signs at the beginning of the film? I've seen the red hat on Ebay that has the traffic light on it, but it doesnt seem to be like the one used in the movie.

Post some pics if ya got anything. Thanks in Advance.

<div class='quotetop'>(sd1138 @ Jun 20 2006, 03:06 AM) [snapback]1264409[/snapback]</div>
I was just wondering if there were any "The Life Aquatic" props out there?

Something like the Zissou ring or mabye the posters that he signs at the beginning of the film? I've seen the red hat on Ebay that has the traffic light on it, but it doesnt seem to be like the one used in the movie.

Post some pics if ya got anything. Thanks in Advance.
[/b]

Someone here had posted a link to an online source for a tuque that was almost identical to the one used on the film. Must have fallen off as I can't find it via the site search function.

Resurrecting an old thread...

I just printed and framed the three Zissou movie posters that can be found from the Criterion DVD release. The quality was ok at best, so I was wondering if anybody has seen better quality versions around?

Belafonte replica is one my 'holy grails' :) Apart from building it myself (highly unlikely), acquiring that might be quite impossible.

i would LOVE an accurate pair of the adidas shoes...

You gotta find the Adidas Roms from 2001. Paint the middle stripe light blue, throw in yellow laces and you're good to go. If you're feeling extra crafty/insane you paint Zissou on in gold... or use dry transfer railroad letters with clearcoat. The latter method is the best, but probably the least durable. I've already completely worn out my first pair, and have a less accurate but more comfortable custom pair I made from different roms based on an vintage pattern. I've got one more set to make, from screen accurate roms.

I made a costume for halloween one year, and found the exact holster they use for their Glocks. I've got some photos around here somehwere, but you will have to wait until tomorrow to see it all.

The mini-posters I framed:

zissou.jpg

I am almost done with BELAFONTE model -- I picked up a Revell Calypso boat which looks 90% close to what was used in the film -- in fact, when Steve Zissou holds up small model of Belafonte in the movie, I believe it is the actual Revell Calypso and hasn't even been modified structurally except for paint job. Almost done except for some detail work and custom decals -- I'll post pics of it soon -- not too hard to build, but they are hard to come by -- check ebay from time to time -- they go for $30 to $60 depending on condition of kit.

I am also painting up some ADVENTURE PEOPLE figures from the 1970's -- in LIFE AQUATIC you can see several "Team Zissou" action figures next to TV set on boat as the crew watches some old Zissou videos. I'll post pics of those soon.

The only other props I can think of worth mentioning (that haven't already been mentioned) would be the ring, which darth is doing, and perhaps the stationary Steve gives to Ned "Kinglsey" Plimpton when he joins the team.

If anyone does a run of the Steve Zissou posters, I would be in for those!

I am almost done with BELAFONTE model -- I picked up a Revell Calypso boat which looks 90% close to what was used in the film

That's cool, can't wait for the pictures! I was also thinking about modifying a Calypso kit. You just used pictures from the movie as reference?

Last edited:
I just grabbed the images from the DVD using print screen and pasted it to Photoshop. The resolution is only good for A4 printing, but it's better than nothing. Maybe with some further editing, they could be improved.

Send them to Kurtyboy :) He seems very good with photoshop.

on some french site i saw a track jacket
but it didnt look great
there are petitions for the adidas but so far they have fallen on deaf ears

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back