any idea how to keep pieces together??

BoomCo

20181005_121503.jpg20181005_121510.jpg

the neodymium magnets are too weak... any advice?

im looking some alternatives..

elastic. you can make a hinge from a strong strap at the back of the head, to let it tilt back, and put elastic on the sides, up near the top. they'll pull it closed while it's on your head, but allow you some wiggle room to pull it back and get your head in and out.

just make sure you've got some sort of structure of padding inside the helmet that keeps it on your head securely, you won't want it just wobbling around on your head with the elastic straps, it'll separate as you move and look off

I still believe magnets are the best way to go but you may not have the best magnets for your application l. Go check out this website and use their pullforce calc and help info to figure out what size and how many magnets and what configuration works best for you
I will say that you should be looking at the N52 designated magnets they have the strongest pullforce in the smallest size.

https://www.kjmagnetics.com/calculator.asp

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

If you put some elastic where the red is, it will help hold it together, and allow you the widest lower opening, for the least amount of stretch in the elastic.
IMG_20181005_124741.jpg

Straps and clips? Not certain if you have enough room to read a finger through the eye socket or through the bottom to affix. Perhaps using several magnets?

TazMa2000

i was looking some option like clamps or something similar, the elastic doesn't work cuz i need to remove the whole piece to put the helmet (i cant put in the helmet is very tight to the size of my head).

I would just add more magnets. you can space them out/closer etc to get the exact fit/resistance you need and want. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back