Anubis's New Series Dalek "Draal" finished (All in six weeks).

Anubis

Ok guys having posted up a sneaky, peaky photo up on Facebook I thought I'd put one up on here aswell. I've been working on this dude for just over five weeks and I am over three quarters of the way to completing him. This is a pretty secret build as I want to surprise people when he's finally completed. With any luck and with how things are progressing with the build he'll be done by the end of May well in time for Collectormania, Milton Keynes here in the UK in June. This is my boy hood dream so I am going the extra mile to make this a spectacular costume/prop! I'm adding little bits of individuality to this guy as I want him to both stand out and be unique in some ways.

He's now at a friends unit where I'm putting is clothes on (Paint)

So here's a sneaky peak at HIM!.........
DSC00870.jpg

Last edited:
Re: OBEYYYYY......... !!!!!!!

I honestly thought this was going to be a post about one of my favorite movies of all time, "They Live." Damn daleks ruining everything these days....:behave

reminds me of a Dalek on Dr. Who. Hard to tell what it is with that picture but I assume that was the intent.

After looking at a couple pictures of Daleks, I am pretty sure that's what it is.

Last edited:

Well it's been just over six weeks from the start of this project build to how you see him now. It's been difficult at times, but well worth it as I hope you guys agree. I wanted to achieve an old, battle worn Dalek, something that had a story/history to him and I added a touch of artistic licence to some of the build ie the neck lights, the mesh and eye. I spent three days Fri, Sat and Sun painting him up before I went to town on hammering the hell out of him to give it the "dragged through a time vortex backwards" look. I'm awaiting the Moflash lenses to arrive to complete the dome lights, still to add the remaining Hemi's to the sides and rear of the skirt and to add the discs to the eye stalk, then to order the voice modulator for that distinctive Dalek tone! Well it's been a trial but I am so over the moon with him and how it's all taken shape and finally turned, well almost tured out as he'll be 100% completed by the weekend. I really can't wait to take him to his first event in either June or July and to see how people react to Dalek "Draal".

DSC00887.jpg

DSC00888.jpg

DSC00889.jpg

DSC00890.jpg

DSC00893.jpg

DSC00896.jpg

DSC00897.jpg

DSC00891.jpg

DSC00895.jpg

DSC00894.jpg

Last edited:

Well just over six weeks from the start of this project build to how you see him now. It's been difficult at times, but well worth it as I hope you guys agree. I wanted to achieve and old, battle worn Dalek, something that had a story/history to him and I added a touch of artistic licence to some of the build ie the neck lights, the mesh and eye. I spent three days Fri, Sat and Sun painting up before I went to town on hammering the hell out of him to give it the "dragged through a time vortex backwards" look. I'm awaitint the Moflash lenses to arrive to complete the dome lights, still to add the remaining Hemi's to the sides and rear of the skirt and to add the discs to the eye stalk, then to order the voice modulator for that distinctive Dalek tone! Well it's been a trial but I am so over the moon with him and how it's all taken shape and finally turned out. Can't wait to take hime to his first event now, to see how people react to Dalek "Draal" Been 34 years waiting to own a full scale Dalek and it's been well worth the wait!!!!

DSC00887.jpg

DSC00888.jpg

DSC00889.jpg

DSC00890.jpg

DSC00893.jpg

DSC00896.jpg

DSC00897.jpg

DSC00891.jpg

DSC00895.jpg

DSC00894.jpg

That is all kinda awesome, you taking him to any cons at all??

That is all kinda awesome, you taking him to any cons at all??

Thanks for the really great comment and is really appreciated.Yeah I plan to take him to a few con's and events as either a static prop or to jump inside and bring him to life.

Re: Anubis's New Series Dalek "Draal" 90% complete.

Here he is now completed well all except for his voice modulator. He looked amazing with the Sun on him. A friend quite literally kept looking over his shoulder and he said "it gave me the cold shivers"! Hope you like how he has finally turned out guys, I know I am, even more so infact!!

DSC00900.jpg

DSC00901.jpg

DSC00902.jpg

DSC00903.jpg

DSC00904.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back