Vivek

Master Member
https://twitter.com/#!/edgarwright/status/198792129881964544

Edgar Wright posted this yesterday.

"Received this in the mail. What can it mean?"

573852197.jpg

(Click to enlarge)

Last edited:
It means someone actually remembers that the Marvel character exists lol. I don't see how they could even market that as a movie, he is one of those heroes that best stays in the comic books.

I disagree. They'll make bucks bringing back the "Honey I shrunk the kids" concept.
It means someone actually remembers that the Marvel character exists lol. I don't see how they could even market that as a movie, he is one of those heroes that best stays in the comic books.

I really hope they modify the origin a bit. I don't mind the shrinking (and eventual growing) aspects, but no talking to/controlling ants PLEASE. I'd rather them have Pym create some form of nanites or something, which he'd call "ants", and they would be what allows him to change his size.

I really hope they modify the origin a bit. I don't mind the shrinking (and eventual growing) aspects, but no talking to/controlling ants PLEASE. I'd rather them have Pym create some form of nanites or something, which he'd call "ants", and they would be what allows him to change his size.

You must work for WB! Cause THAT^ is exactly why the DC movies fail and exactly why the Marvel movies, especially The Avengers movie, did so well. Why in the hell should they change it? Because YOU don't like it? Well that character has been going strong for 50 years and has MANY fans who want him exactly the way he is. I think the movie can suffer loosing your viewership in exchange for all the fans who will undoubtedly love an Ant-Man who controls insects.

Don't fix what ain't broken.

I just think someone simply sent the man a sign. I can't see Ant Man carrying a solo film. Then again, I have been none to make mistakes...from time to time.
Ant-Man7-1.jpg

I thought they were Pym Particles in the comics. I know Pym was a total jerk in the Ultimates universe so that could make it more interesting.

i vote keira knightley and ewan mcgregor. i would also vote michael fassbender but he allready was in the xmen movie, so there would be conflicts. ryan gosling would, at least visually also fit the part

Who says it has to be Pym? Several others have had the mantle of name of Ant-Man.

Hank Pym - The man himself
Scott Lang - Stark International employee
Chris McCarthy - SHIELD agent
Eric O'Grady - Former SHIELD employee / villain turned Avenger

Endless possibilities.

You must work for WB! Cause THAT^ is exactly why the DC movies fail and exactly why the Marvel movies, especially The Avengers movie, did so well. Why in the hell should they change it? Because YOU don't like it? Well that character has been going strong for 50 years and has MANY fans who want him exactly the way he is. I think the movie can suffer loosing your viewership in exchange for all the fans who will undoubtedly love an Ant-Man who controls insects.

Don't fix what ain't broken.

Um, no need to yell. I'm just stating my opinion. I'm allowed to do that.

I thought they were Pym Particles in the comics. I know Pym was a total jerk in the Ultimates universe so that could make it more interesting.

Yeah, it's Pym Particles in the comics.

I wonder if Marvel will go the Ultimates route, but I don't think they'll do it right away. I don't think the general public (not to mention Disney) will like a wife-beating superhero. Maybe they'll slowly move into that territory in The Avengers 2 or something when there's less of a central focus on him.

It's Edgar wright. It's gonna be primarily a wacky comedy with a side of super heroics and action. That's been his equation so far in the film world and probably the only way to present a character called "antman" to a mainstream audience.

Nick

Yeah, it's Pym Particles in the comics.

I wonder if Marvel will go the Ultimates route, but I don't think they'll do it right away. I don't think the general public (not to mention Disney) will like a wife-beating superhero. Maybe they'll slowly move into that territory in The Avengers 2 or something when there's less of a central focus on him.

Maybe if they blame his behavior on the effects of the particles. I'm amazed Disney hasn't ruined Marvel yet.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back