Ant-Man

simon-pegg-ANT-MAN.gif

I dig the dual 60's and modern era idea. Cool approach to making the character interesting to modern audiences while still being reverent to the source material.

Turning super tiny is kinda like being invisible. It makes for a better "villain" power than a hero so including the Scott Lang Antman into the story is fun.

Nick

Last edited:
How about Guy Pearce? He was just in a dud called Lockout and needs to reboot. [To get his sentence removed he has to rescue the presidents daughter from a space station prison. Snake Plissken in Space. Escape From Space Station.]

87196_gal.jpg

.. I'd rather them have Pym create some form of nanites or something, which he'd call "ants", and they would be what allows him to change his size.

I hope not. I'm so sick of 'nanites' use as a crutch in sci-fi writing.

Black Widow, Iron Man and Thor are pretty obscure too.

It's all in approach.

Men in Black and the Ninja Turtles were obscure characters too.

Besides just look at this guy! He oozes charisma! That's star power folks!
detail.jpg

I didn't even notice Iron Man was in the shot for like an hour as I gazed blissfully into Ant-man eyes.

Nick

Last edited:
This will flop. He's too obscure. Mark my words. 100% chance it will flop.
You're correct on some points. He is obscure and it probably won't do the bank of the other Marvel movies. But, with Edgar at the helm, it will probably be lower budget than the other Marvel films and it probably will be critically accepts if not by the media then by the fanboys.

Frankly, even as a comics reader I'm not all that familiar with the character and even I'm not sure he warrants his own movie. Like Hawkeye and Black Widow (and even Nick Fury) - who have some star power behind them - Ant Man might be best left as background/secondary character in team movie... or with other heroes.

Ant Man just seems and sounds too much like a SyFy cast off - even if we all know better.

I think Nathan Fillion would be a perfect Ant Man. He can play intelligent but also he can be a huge smartass/*******.

Not to mention Fillions always wanted to be a superhero (not counting Capt. Hammer). I'd say this would be a perfect opportunity if it gets greenlit.

I think Nathan Fillion would be a perfect Ant Man. He can play intelligent but also he can be a huge smartass/*******.

Not to mention Fillions always wanted to be a superhero (not counting Capt. Hammer). I'd say this would be a perfect opportunity if it gets greenlit.
If only he were a bit younger.

Actually - these guys were doing this script 5 years ago and it was pushed back - but it's a straight out comedy and that could work. Doesn't matter that the character is not as popular - his name tells you all you really need to know.

I saw a clip on youtube where he went on and on about wanting to play lead in the Greatest American Hero remake. He loves the show.

Devin Faraci at BadassDigest.com
https://twitter.com/devincf/status/224312588232704001
"ANT-MAN test reel GREAT. He uses size fu in combat - growing and shrinking to fight"

Empire Magazine
https://twitter.com/empiremagazine/status/224312579470786560
The costume was red-and-black. "We wanted to do a costume that was more practical. It mixes the Silver Age and contemporary Ant-Man." - Edgar

Steven Weintraub at Collider.com
https://twitter.com/colliderfrosty/status/224312655245094912
"Ant-Man test footage was just shown. Looks so much cooler than I thought it would be. Now I get it. Can't wait."

Eric Vespe at AICN
https://twitter.com/EricVespe/status/224313055507529729
"Ant Man test footage was fun... simple scene of Ant Man running down a hallway as two guys in suits protect an elevator."

"Ant-Man will kick your ass, one inch at a time. There is no casting news." - Edgar Wright

I made an AntMan for a guy named Jesse Alcozer about a year ago. I put a nice silver paint job on it , but he really wanted it dipped in chrome, so he did. It came out great, that chrome job really made it pop
Antman2.jpg
[/IMG]

Antman1.jpg

I made just the helmet not the suit FYI

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back