ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

I’ve noticed that the anovos TLJ first order helmets are selling for $400 in Galaxys edge.

Does anyone know if the are the standard or premier versions? Cause if they are the standard ones with the raw hard hat style lining they are nearly double the price of anywhere else, and if they are the premier versions with fully lined interior they are cheaper than on any other sites
I'd imagine it is the standard line. The Poe and Kylo helmets are $50 more than what Anovos sells them for.

Just received my refund through my CC company. Painless process that only took about 2 weeks. They just needed copies of emails to back up the dispute.
That’s the way forward, guys. Thought with it being past 6 months it would be a problem, but not the case.
I would suggest people go down this route since Anovos certainly aren’t going to play ball.

Same here. I ordered in May 2018. Got my account credit a few days ago and the checks in the mail. Feels like a giant weight has been lifted.

Could be finally issuing the refunds to diminish who can join the class action suit for additional damages. I’m no legal expert.

Dakota, if you don’t mind...what did you have on order? This is just nuts!

Wave 6 Star Trek Discovery Phaser and the first run Discovery Rifle.

I had heard of issues but saw a video on Tested reviewing the products that made it seem like they were going to be pretty sure things. With the phaser being a sixth wave I also figured that would make it easy for them.

Unfortunately, I knew better and came to regret it. I'm just glad it's over.

I don't agree with Art as well. They don't use their accounts abd just take up undeeded storage space. If I did the same I would be Banned

SPFX and Darth Stone have been Banned for doing the exact same thing.(those are examples off top my head)
I have to completely agree with this statement. SPFX and DS are great examples...

How does the process go now that the suit has been filed?

Once all the parties have been served with the lawsuit then they will file a legal document called an “Answer” with the Court. In their Answer they will admit or deny the facts alleged in the Complaint.

The Court will then set court deadlines and the parties will begin exchanging information. This phase of the lawsuit is called the “Discovery Stage.”

During this stage, we will be able to take a deposition of ANOVOS and other parties where we take their sworn testimony answering all of our questions. We will also be able to subpoena the bank records and business records showing where all the money has gone.

Depending on what we find at the conclusion of this stage will dictate what we do next...

Once all the parties have been served with the lawsuit then they will file a legal document called an “Answer” with the Court. In their Answer they will admit or deny the facts alleged in the Complaint.

The Court will then set court deadlines and the parties will begin exchanging information. This phase of the lawsuit is called the “Discovery Stage.”

During this stage, we will be able to take a deposition of ANOVOS and other parties where we take their sworn testimony answering all of our questions. We will also be able to subpoena the bank records and business records showing where all the money has gone.

Depending on what we find at the conclusion of this stage will dictate what we do next...

You missed a crucial step although I doubt very much it would be decided against the plaintiff given how many customers have been waiting years for their order(s). The judge has to decide there is merit to advance the case to trial. Then and only then is anyone subject to giving a deposition or provide discovery. In all likelihood, this is where a settlement will be reached.

You missed a crucial step although I doubt very much it would be decided against the plaintiff given how many customers have been waiting years for their order(s). The judge has to decide there is merit to advance the case to trial. Then and only then is anyone subject to giving a deposition or provide discovery. In all likelihood, this is where a settlement will be reached.

Actually there is two parts to that point: One is called a Motion on the Pleadings to test if the Complaint states a viable cause of action. Most of the time, the Complaint does or can be amended and is then allowed to proceed forward through the discovery phase. Then, the second Motions filed are called Motions for Summary Judgments testing whether or not the facts of the case show evidence that a jury can find in favor of the Plaintiffs.

The point is that discovery is most likely going to happen in the case and we will find out what happened to the money.

...and that will be very interesting to see just what did indeed happen.(y)

Actually there is two parts to that point: One is called a Motion on the Pleadings to test if the Complaint states a viable cause of action. Most of the time, the Complaint does or can be amended and is then allowed to proceed forward through the discovery phase. Then, the second Motions filed are called Motions for Summary Judgments testing whether or not the facts of the case show evidence that a jury can find in favor of the Plaintiffs.

The point is that discovery is most likely going to happen in the case and we will find out what happened to the money.

What are the timelines and deadlines on these in your experience?

Thanks for the explanation.

I’d still be willing to wait for my delayed helmet if they were capable of communicating, and, when they do communicate, actually following through with what they promise, as far as shipment, refunds, updates, etc. They told me explicitly that there would be big, descriptive updates about what was happening with my order, and everything else that has been delayed. This did not happen. They said everything was going according to plan and on schedule, and then let delivery windows slip by without so much as a word of explanation.

Which is worse: a friend who never answers the phone unless he needs money and goes radio silent for 6 months at a time, or a friend who answers text messages and makes plans over the phone regularly but never actually shows up for anything, and never responds about that 20 bucks you lent him months ago for lunch?

Those are apparently the two friends we have in the licensed side of this hobby.
So much this...
Id much prefer what I ordered so long as it actually is going to happen this year and I’ve been willing to give them one more chance to keep to what they said they’d do prior to Celebration... It really hasnt been that long since they posted those messages.. but to that same end they said they would communicate with us more and that we would have updated product timelines in the coming weeks... thats now turning into months with no updates and nothing but radio silence... and now with this lawsuit all of us are wondering if we’d be absolute fools not to get in on this or risk coming out with nothing. All we wanted was to know what was really going on, not smoke and mirrors

I’ve noticed that the anovos TLJ first order helmets are selling for $400 in Galaxys edge.

Does anyone know if the are the standard or premier versions? Cause if they are the standard ones with the raw hard hat style lining they are nearly double the price of anywhere else, and if they are the premier versions with fully lined interior they are cheaper than on any other sites

Id imagine they’re probably the standard version marked up as it is Disneyland afterall

Last edited:
Some of the factories in China may have took the money and shipped Product that was substandard , so MORE money was needed to get another factory to do a new run, or have the original factory to re do it.

Have that happen once is bad enough but a few more times and you are in serious jeopardy.

What I am sure of, and with good reason, was whatever happened, the way they have handled it, was an complete, and utter failure, and showed a complete lack of respect for their customers .

Regardless it will be interesting to hopefully find out just what did happen.

LOL!!!! I am SO curious to see where the money went. And boy, is it gonna piss us off or what. I cannot see how this case will not be granted merit/ allowed to proceed.

I have a hard time imagining this leading to a smoking gun. I'm not saying one exists or doesn't, just that I have a hard time imagining it being revealed as a result of this lawsuit. I've been closely following another CA suite I could be a party to with the 2016 Z06 overheating at the track and for all of the people up in arms about it, that suite has gone no where. Even though I can be a member of the CA, I am not an original litigant so I won't have any say in the proposed settlement. The same could happen here and it quietly goes away.

Some of the factories in China may have took the money and shipped Product that was substandard , so MORE money was needed to get another factory to do a new run, or have the original factory to re do it.

I agree with this statement. Working for a company who has licenses and deals with factories, I cannot tell you how many times you send a prototype paint master item for the factory to duplicate and they turn around and send you a production sample that is horrible. You then have to spend more time and money to get them to redo it, or as stated above, you find another factory.

Issues like that can also plays into long delays. We have a life size statue in the works.... we premiered it a year ago at SDCC, we then took feedback and had to have the head re-sculpted.... that was thousands of dollars right there. Then we shipped the new prototype to a factory.... thousands of dollars there. Cut to a year later, and the factory finally has a production sample for us to photograph and FINALLY put it up for pre-sale! WRONG!

The piece arrived, I look it over and the paint is horrible. It looks nothing like the paint master. What does that mean? Means we wait another 6-12 months for the factory to paint a new one and ship it to us to review. This factory blunder probably set us back another year. This happens way more often than you can imagine.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back