ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Accountability is more than just saying, "Sorry we had a problem" especially when getting just that info took badgering. Accountability includes correcting the problem and/or putting actions in place to minimize it happening again.

I cannot say that Anovos is being disingenuous when they relay that information. That would be irresponsible on my part. What i can say is that, after multiple times hearing a similar statement, with apparently no meaningful effective correction, that's just silly to put it nicely. Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

To put that into perspective, if my company pulled that and the FDA showed that we (or our contractor) had no implementation of effective corrective action... they would close us down. And rightly so... people's lives are at stake.

Props are not Pharmaceuticals, and there is no equivalent body for commerce (BBB is really a paper tiger). However, the market corrects for this by people no longer purchasing from them. They feel it in there wallet and hopefully they correct the issue and survive ... or they go out of business.

Continually saying our contractor messed up, can factually be true... and its a risk that they choose to accept. However, they also choose to accept the backlash for that decision too. Why they can't spend capital to bring some production or what not in house is beyond me.... and i dont want to break into a discussion of where the money may or may not have gone.

But this issue of "unfortunately the contractor..." being trotted out is not a sufficient correction and the lack of a meaningful quantitative correction is very disappointing. Especially since they dont foot the bill to expedite production elsewhere to turn goods around fast ... esspecially very delayed items ... as a good will gesture is disappointing.

Anovos has said that certain products have been moved to US production. That is a change in the original plan meant to address the previous issues. It remains to be seen if it actually works out as planned this time.

A change I would like to see is shorter, announced pre-order time frames with planned delivery within a year. Some of the pre-order timespans are ridiculously long.

I suspect there have been multiple issues affecting different products. Some are factory issues, others are quality issues, and others are poor planning.

I have quite a few Anovos products and I have continued to be interested in their products. It looks like the last product I received from them was in Oct 2017. I certainly don't order every product, but it is pretty odd that no new helmets that I am interested in have been released since Oct 2017.

Anovos has said that certain products have been moved to US production. That is a change in the original plan meant to address the previous issues. It remains to be seen if it actually works out as planned this time.

A change I would like to see is shorter, announced pre-order time frames with planned delivery within a year. Some of the pre-order timespans are ridiculously long.

I suspect there have been multiple issues affecting different products. Some are factory issues, others are quality issues, and others are poor planning.

I have quite a few Anovos products and I have continued to be interested in their products. It looks like the last product I received from them was in Oct 2017. I certainly don't order every product, but it is pretty odd that no new helmets that I am interested in have been released since Oct 2017.

And as others have said and i reiterated above, Anovos has already stated back in 2017, 2018 (look back at emails from them about delays, previous posts in this thread, and social media sites) and again in 2019 they are moving production of "selected" products to US based manufacturers.

Also 2018, Anovos would stop the "pre-order" ....

"Fool me once..."

Im really rooting for Anovos, but they are making it hard on themselves by the fact after all these statements about several selective products being moved to US based manufacturers ... i can only think of 1 line of products that had quasi-reliable, steady supply. And that item, the luke esb belt jumped in price, and was still slightly delayed... and lots returned due to sizing issues.

I need to see multiple items steadily and reliably stocked... just haven't seen that yet.

I need to see multiple items steadily and reliably stocked... just haven't seen that yet.

I don't think having larger items like helmets almost constantly in stock is in the plans at all. I am not aware of any prop replica company that does that.

Despite how many of the posts make it sound, Anovos has been delivering certain items (Rey costumes, AT-AT helmets, Sandtrooper helmets, TIE Pilot armor, FO TK armor kits). Unfortunately not much as far as newer helmets that have not been previously released.

I'm skeptical about updated delivery estimates too. I know to expect delays prior to ordering.

It seems like they're a little closer in regaining control when it comes to hardware like helmets, blasters and other things, but they have a BIG backlog of soft goods that they need to get under control. Aside from the Kylo problems, the Solo TFA jackets, as another example, have been delayed so many times it's not even funny any longer.

I don't think having larger items like helmets almost constantly in stock is in the plans at all. I am not aware of any prop replica company that does that.

Despite how many of the posts make it sound, Anovos has been delivering certain items (Rey costumes, AT-AT helmets, Sandtrooper helmets, TIE Pilot armor, FO TK armor kits). Unfortunately not much as far as newer helmets that have not been previously released.

I'm skeptical about updated delivery estimates too. I know to expect delays prior to ordering.
I think Im not being clear. I would not expect Anovos to have large stock piles of goods. But they should be able to reliably source a run of goods that they have already put out.

While they have been able for a few items, like tos tunics, ties, etc. they still are not reliably able to refill popular items. For example: NX-01 hat, i have one its great. I put in for a preorder for a second one... delayed once 1 Q, now delayed again 6 mo.. its a bloody hat... like how hard is that... i can see issues maybe scheduling a manf. slot but no... we're bringing to US to improve manufacturing and quality.... it was great as is, they literally made them already... what had to be re-tooled??? I have suspicious on what may have happened but its just that .... so ill say no more.

The helmets have been haphazard and again not reliable in their ability to source or reschedule a run or "re-source" them...

I realize they have sold some product. Clearly ... and as you point out its "certain" items... but my point is they cannot not reliably restock them or other products... its fits and starts.... too many delays that have no real explanation.

I am very patient, so me personally, i dont order a pre-order expecting to get it for "x" date... like a con or something... which is kinda sad really... but thats kinda nornal for pre-orders... but 2, 3, 4 years is ridiculous and definitely points to management and not manufacturing. Especially a pre-order that is from a existing product, where its just "hey we need to order another round of "Y" .... 6mo and some change to restock should be norm even for a small company like Anovos. But that is not the case...

Something is a foot at the circle K...

Approaching 8 months since I requested a refund, and 4 months since Anovos sent an email to confirm that I still wanted a refund (...after 4 months of silence.)

At this point I’m half expecting the helmets of the type I cancelled (Blue Leader X-Wing) to ship out before I see my money. And even then, what would prevent them from continuing to ignore me while sitting on my money?

Do they not even have $300 to refund me? Can they not even take 2 minutes to respond to an email asking for status on the refund?

It’s pathetic, and any statements they make about how much better things are going as far as producing things faster, etc, don’t matter one bit to me, when they seemingly can’t take care of existing customers.

I don't think you can really say they have been delivering FOTK kits since there are only about 4 that have been confirmed to have been actually delivered.
They were going to have "almost all" of them shipped by Celebration which didn't happen, then they would continue shipping for all of Q3 which hasn't happened and finishing in Q4 which will be here shortly.

Trust me, I want Anovos to pull through as I have two expensive orders with them but not once have they made good on a single promise. Not one time have they delivered as they promised, not once have they made an update on time, not once have they followed through with anything.

The only thing that is consistent and being delivered from Anovos is the helmets from Galaxy's Edge.

My fear is things are actually getting worse at Anovos, they no longer have any live chat, they haven't even posted on their Facebook page since july 23.

My fear is things are actually getting worse at Anovos, they no longer have any live chat, they haven't even posted on their Facebook page since july 23.

It's probably because they know they'll immediately be trashed for it.

I ordered a SandTrooper helmet from Big Bad Toy Store (maybe 18 months ago?) and received it last week. Honestly I was shocked when I got the notice from BBTS.

I'm with you; I want them to pull through. But no more pre-orders for me.

They may not have social media or live chats due to the lawsuit. I screen shot pretty much every chat i had after i noticed inconsistencies with them and filed that with the lawyers... so they may be holding off per the lawyers.

It's probably because they know they'll immediately be trashed for it.

I ordered a SandTrooper helmet from Big Bad Toy Store (maybe 18 months ago?) and received it last week. Honestly I was shocked when I got the notice from BBTS.

I'm with you; I want them to pull through. But no more pre-orders for me.
Verdict on it?

Entertainment Earth has the pre order of the TLJ FO TK standard helmet for $224.99 with free shipping in the US. I suspect this is an incorrect price for this item. The Anovos website has the same helmet for $350.

I don't really see how saying the factory had an issue or what was produced wasn't up to standards is not being accountable if that is what actually happened. Dealing with factories on another continent is not easy. Companies like Anovos and efx do not have any where near the influence companies like Hasbro have over the factories.

Anovos could have just accepted the lower quality Kylo costume to send it out sooner. Would the customers have preferred getting a sub standard product sooner or wait longer for what they actually ordered?

The delay for other items has not been explained at all as far as I know. It is pretty silly that some Rogue One and TFA products have not been delivered yet.

I totally agree the communication has been poor for both of these companies.

It's not being accountable when you only acknowledge it 1-2 years AFTER the fact. You have to do it once you realize it otherwise, repsonsible or accountable isn't really entering the equation.

Great to see the discussion staying at the top of RPF. Always.

IF any of us get our remaining orders it will be well after the sequel trilogy, and surrounding events, have passed.

A note: Part of this mess is the "uber" and "air bnb" mindset in my opinion. Folks are all too eager to use such services and then force other companies (companies that have actual oversight) to compete. I never use these things and, if it means I don't travel, then I don't travel. But this modern, uber-ride-mindset is being adopted by companies, like Anovos, who are using "uber" manufacturing.

If you can't afford kids, don't have a family. You lose. It's that simple. Read a damn book.

Great to see the discussion staying at the top of RPF. Always.

IF any of us get our remaining orders it will be well after the sequel trilogy, and surrounding events, have passed.

A note: Part of this mess is the "uber" and "air bnb" mindset in my opinion. Folks are all too eager to use such services and then force other companies (companies that have actual oversight) to compete. I never use these things and, if it means I don't travel, then I don't travel. But this modern, uber-ride-mindset is being adopted by companies, like Anovos, who are using "uber" manufacturing.

If you can't afford kids, don't have a family. You lose. It's that simple. Read a damn book. Or don't complain or ask for help if your kids are abused at daycare.

Not quite sure I understand the last line?
If you can't afford to have kids or use daycare you should expect and be ok whit child abuse?

Not quite sure I understand the last line?
If you can't afford to have kids or use daycare you should expect and be ok whit child abuse?

Not at all. You should be so very protective of your children that you would have whatever resources you need to make sure that they are, at every point, with someone who will care for them as much as you do.

And not make concessions to "economic realities" when it comes to something you care about - at whatever level: eating healthy, making a drawing, having a family - whatever.

Shoot - look at the crashes of the two 737 max jetliners. That was only because companies were trying to cut corners in order to make more money. Only.

Only.

And it cost 300 + lives.

So is it okay to do things like that - think of money like that - when it comes to shoes, costumes, hats, chairs, etc. simply because people's lives are not immediately at stake?

No.

Not unless you want Anovos.

By the way - there are people here who know more about what is going on with Anovos than they are saying.

I hold it to be high time that you, whoever you are, fully betray that knowledge to this thread or consider yourself complicit in the way they treat fans and customers.

Okay - I keep saying I am trying to stay away because I cannot believe the state of anger this brings me to. It can be paralyzing to the rest of my day.

I will try again.

Verdict on it?

Pretty nice.

My first Anovos experiences were with the R1 fiberglass helmets. Those are pretty awesome.
So when I received my first thermoformed trooper helmet, I was kinda disappointed, at first. But it's not like I'm going to wear these on my drive to the office...even though........

It looks good on my office shelf, and that's all I want (y)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back