ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Has anyone received any kind of response from Anovos in the last few weeks? They haven't responded to my recent customer support requests.
Not a peep when I requested a response...just the hand crafted, curated emails urging you not to miss a time-limited opportunity to preorder...

Official channels? No. I know John and talk with him from time to time about the Trek side of things. He made clear early on (back before all the BS) that NDAs keep him from saying much, and he's not involved in the other departments (BSG, GB, and SW) at all, doesn't know how they're running things, doesn't know what specific progress or obstacles they've faced -- just has had a general sense for the last couple years that things are kinda frantic and he shouldn't ask. So he's kept his head down and just tried to get the best Trek product he can approved, made, and delivered. I'm looking forward to getting my bomber jacket in the next couple months, and he's been announcing each new item as it's approved -- most recently the Kirk casual uniform tops, which I have no interest in.

Not bankrupt, not out of business... And no idea what sort of reshuffling of priorities is going on over in the Star Wars section due to the (presumptive) non-renewal of the license. I have a feeling they're going to be restocking new runs of completed and successful items as much and as quickly as possible, to capitalize on them while they can. I hope further, they use that to push as many "hung up" projects to fruition as they can -- again, so that they can maybe squeeze in a second run before they have to stop taking orders. Otherwise, I don't know how much of the money from sales of other properties' items will be going to complete all the outstanding SW project R&D, manufacture, and delivery to fulfill all the outstanding preorders, and thus impacting new items and new runs of Star Trek, BSG, and Ghostbusters items.

It's good that the Trek side appears to still be going. Anovos don't seem to understand that customers don't view the different licenses as separate companies. Poor execution by Anovos regardless of which license the item is from makes customers less likely to want to order Anovos products from other licenses.

Even though the Trek side still appears to be working they are not doing too much with it. I was really looking forward to some more replicas from TOS and TNG and all they gave us was one single replica from Discovery that they have not even supplied the promised stand for it and the last I heard some people are still waiting for the Phaser.

I got a reply from Anovos!

I replied to one of the emails they sent about purchasing a Star Trek Phaser. This uses email address "support@anovos.com". Maybe the tickets submitted through the website aren't being looked at very quickly (or at all).

I sent the below on December 7th. I refer to an order of a Shoretrooper helmet I placed on September 18th, 2020. I didn't include the list of the other items in this post. The reply from Anovos came on December 8th.

My email:
What is happening with the below orders I have already paid for? These total to over $4,200. No Star Wars items are listed as in stock anymore and there has been no promotion of Star Wars items for a while.

The Shoretrooper helmet order was placed on 9/18/2020. My understanding was that this was in production at the Texas facility like the Mandalorian and Royal Guard helmets were. I haven't heard anything since paying the invoice.

There is a lot of speculation that Anovos has pretty much abandoned the Star Wars items. Some of us are also interested in Star Trek but we are hesitant to buy anything more when we already have so much money tied up with almost no signs that anything is being done to fill these orders. The communication needs to significantly improve unless the message is that Anovos has abandoned the Star Wars line and isn't going to do anything for the customers who already paid for products.

Reply from Anovos:
Please rest assured that we haven't abandoned our Star Wars productions! We are in the midst of producing, re-commissioning the production of, and shipping Star Wars products to fulfill existing orders. We opened our new facility with helmet production but our current Star Wars production schedule is sold out, and we are focusing new production on Star Trek products at the moment as we continue to ramp up production capabilities in our stateside facility. We have every intention of re-establishing, completing and delivering these older production runs as we are able to.

The Shoretrooper, Royal Guard and Mandalorian helmets are made, and we are delivering them as quickly as recurring outbreaks of Covid-19 will allow us to. As with other small businesses, it is presenting itself as a challenge for us, and we are doing the best we can. We can only hope that you will continue to be patient with us as we work to fulfill our commitments to you.

I agree that communication has been lacking since the pandemic took root, and for that I truly apologize! I know that management has been working on an outreach to customers that has been delayed by constantly shifting conditions. I have been assured that an official customer update is coming up soon that will alleviate the stress of not knowing that you are currently experiencing. I have personally had dozens of conversations like this one over the past few months, so I understand your concerns completely.

I hope this answers your questions for now, but feel free to contact me again if you have others.

So I also finally got a reply Monday ... seems Charlie was sick for a few weeks. I hope he is better. But it DOES NOT explain why "Machiel" was absolutely no help or "Reggie" who apparently exists there.... its very odd... almost as if Clark Kent is in fact Superman... those two are never seen together... hmmm....

anovos_CS.jpg

I got a reply from Anovos!

I replied to one of the emails they sent about purchasing a Star Trek Phaser. This uses email address "support@anovos.com". Maybe the tickets submitted through the website aren't being looked at very quickly (or at all).

I sent the below on December 7th. I refer to an order of a Shoretrooper helmet I placed on September 18th, 2020. I didn't include the list of the other items in this post. The reply from Anovos came on December 8th.

My email:

Reply from Anovos:

Interesting that they mention they're sending things like the Mando and RG helmets out as quick as they can, but one's that were stated as 'in stock' 3 months ago haven't shipped still.

Also interesting they want to blame covid for shipping issues of months delay, but literally no other company has anything remotely as long as that for delays. Maybe a few days. Not a few months.

Correct i noticed that as well. Looks like many are starting to catch on and possibly being pressed by customers as to what is the status of this and that. Who have been waiting for who knows how long. Apparently they are realizing slowly they as a whole don't want their reputations to go down the drain.

Whelp... The Star Wars items are back up on the Anovos site. Everything is listed as "interest list." Maybe they are trying to create some kind of metric to show demand for their product so they can try to justify keeping the license with Lucasfilm.

Cheers
Steven

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back