ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

its real easy to defend a company when you have nothing on the line. The point he and every one else is trying to make is "you don't promise goods on a specific date then blow that Estimated date by a year" if this is a know issue for the industry then why didn't Anovos Say Pre-orders will begin 2 years before the product ships. I will tell you why they did not say that it is because they would not get as many pre-orders. If they had said that I for one would of just waited till release and spent $600 rather then buying it early for $400. The fact that you said "This is how it is done in the industry and it is a known fact" is a lie This is my fist purchase from a company in this industry.

Anyone who has paid money and is STILL waiting has every right to give their opinion, after all it's our money that's paying their wages with nothing to show as of yet. It amazes me the defence of some, as if there is a vested interest. If I ran my company like this I would have no customers. It's not the norm, lack of updates isn't acceptable and only an idiot would think it is the way to run a business, maybe they are one and the same .

Anyone who has paid money and is STILL waiting has every right to give their opinion, after all it's our money that's paying their wages with nothing to show as of yet. It amazes me the defence of some, as if there is a vested interest. If I ran my company like this I would have no customers. It's not the norm, lack of updates isn't acceptable and only an idiot would think it is the way to run a business, maybe they are one and the same .

Amen, very well said. Except anyone who has not paid any money also has every right to voice their opinion. Hopefully if enough people complain they will change their ways.

Very sad to see but I hope they get their act together.

I still can't believe we have no idea who, if anyone, has the props license???

Tom

its real easy to defend a company when you have nothing on the line.

This is my fist purchase from a company in this industry.

Okay, one, that's not true. I can speak to this because I've been in this hobby for a while now. I've been on both sides and experienced all of the frustration you are experiencing. I was on SD studios' infamous neuralyzer run. Waited three years. You had to twist the guys arm to get your $500 back. On the other side of that, my purchases from Master Replicas and Factory Entertainment were never on time, but I always got my stuff.

I've sold props and had to delay delivery for QC reasons. Never once did I leave people empty handed. This is not a lucrative business and it isn't as easy as everyone is pretending it is. If you want stuff, you have to take some chances and invest.

And if this is your first purchase from a licensed company, how do you know how the industry works?

I guess my point is that I understand what you mean. It's pretty simple what you are saying. I simply disagree with you. My opinion is that you have to be willing to wait and invest for this hobby for it to work. If you have a problem with that, you might want to start making things yourself.

I´m also in the hobby for years now...but this extreme long delays are new.I have no idea if its harder to produce the stuff in china but I would never wait 3 Years for a licensed prop that I payed before.
When I have a company and a big license like Star Wars ...I must plan BEFORE I take the money from the people.A half year of delay is the maximum for me or I cancel the stuff.
I can also work with my money in the 3 Years.;)
My opinion.

In the future I will buy the stuff from Hasbro and mod it.Or/and from talented members on the RPF that makes great props and kits in their workshops.Or I build it myself.I really hope that EFX and Anovos can destroy all the problems in the future or they should give license back to disney.
I think its not a good way for the future of SW to make all the fans so angry.

Last edited:
Ok...and we have 2016 in some days.So its enough time to beat EFX for them!:lol;)

I preordered nothing at this point.Anovos props is not really limited and EFX has nothing I really need.
So I´m a happy guy when I read all this storys.:unsure

I have seen reports of people receiving their First Order TK helmets from Anovos! They've officially delivered ONE Star Wars item!

dam thank you for the photos and hopefully this helps a lot of people here.

Dont forget guys that you have until 5 pm today to cancel your order for a full refund if you like.

Forgot what time zone though

They've officially delivered ONE Star Wars item!
And as a festive little holiday kick in the nuts to their customers, it's the most recently announced pre-order rather than the slew of things they've been holding onto cash a year and a half for without providing adequate updates apart from "maybe sometime in 2016?".

As I posted in the other thread, I am floored Anovos has delivered a product, and a damn pretty on at that!

I have had my doubts, and until we start seeing the other products I'll probably keep some reservations towards them, but I've got to say... Seeing these FO helmets has really inspired hope in me!

To get to the point of my post.....here is the discount code if anyone else wants to jump on! Let me know if it gets used so I can pull it down!

EDIT: code has been used! Enjoy your purchase!

Last edited:
also how is the weight on it? does it feel cheap or does it feel like you actually paid $200 for it?

It has the feel and weight of the Master Replicas and EFX CE versions around the same price point. Its is definitely a trooping/ throw around helmet because it is super light. As far as the price, I think I was expecting more for $200. Im returning this one and wait for the premier edition.

I actually emailed Anovos about some prominent imperfections on the helmet and they responded within minutes and offered to swap it or give me a refund. Say what aver about their timelines and expectations, but their customer service is top notch! Ive been trying to cancel a helmet with EFX for 6 months and they still haven't responded to my dozens of emails.

Personally, after 35 years in the film business, I gotta say these replicas are worlds better than what makes it to set and on camera, and at one tenth to one hundredth the price. The helmets for Armageddon cost $15,000 each, because we only made 20 of them. The spacesuits for the Martian were likely $20,000 to $30,000 each. But if we could use mass production techniques, like high pressure injection molding and produce 1000 or 3000 pieces, these same costumes would cost 10% as much. But the molds would cost $50,000 to $100,000 to make and it would take 6 months to make them. This is why films have to pay such high prices for props and costumes, all the hand work is only amortized over a few pieces and they are all built in a rush. (Often by people who only do what is needed for the camera.) Retail items cost a lot to develop and produce. (As a comparison, Apple spent around $2 billion developing the iphone 5 and it sells for $650)
We have helped prototype many items for Anovos, but these we had no hand in (so I'm not trying to blow my horn here) and they are amazing for the price. If compared to what is used in movies, these are a beyond amazing. (I have seen hundreds of close up and detailed photos of the costumes for TFA and these replicas are flawless by comparison.)
Just my 2 cents on the subject....

Last edited:
And as a festive little holiday kick in the nuts to their customers, it's the most recently announced pre-order rather than the slew of things they've been holding onto cash a year and a half for without providing adequate updates apart from "maybe sometime in 2016?".

While it's the most recent public one, These helmets have been in the works for quite some time, and benefitted from LFL having them rushed so 501st members could do celebration.

Helmet looks great.

Finally got my order and since it took 12 days to get to me they refunded shipping which they did'nt have to do :thumbsup

Helmet looks great.

Finally got my order and since it took 12 days to get to me they refunded shipping which they did'nt have to do :thumbsup

I gotta say, their customer service is top notch. I've been moving around a lot lately, and they've changed my address every time, no questions asked within a day. They really went above and beyond for me recently, I can't really say what they did for me, but they've got a lifelong customer from me if the TK turns out as good as I'm expecting.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back