Another Star Ship

Katsu-San, this is the MOST amazing thing I have ever seen built! And to see it start as a pile of styrene and FO to become that! :eek

You have inspired me to build my own ship. I'm moving this weekend and soon after I want to get started!

I cannot wait to see how she looks finished and against a space backdrop.

A masterpiece of craftmanship!

You have inspired me to build my own ship.

Same here .... though I am COMPLETELY intimidated by all of the LED work. Not that one would have to include LED lighting into a spacecraft model, but just look how unbelievably COOL it looks. :eek

Does anyone know of any tutorial resources (YouTube or otherwise) for LED wiring in modelmaking?

TOM

mad. just mad. i think i should just quit.

Oh, no!! Never!

Thank you, Strode-san!

Katsu

I had to register just to say how amazed I am by your attention to detail.
This is an incredible build!
Pure Genius

Wow! thank you for joining and your comment, Narcy-san!

I just found this thread, and I'm totally blown away. Amazing build! Thanks for taking the time to document it!

Sean

You are welcome and Thank you for stopping by. masterjedi-san

Katsu-San, this is the MOST amazing thing I have ever seen built! And to see it start as a pile of styrene and FO to become that! :eek

You have inspired me to build my own ship. I'm moving this weekend and soon after I want to get started!

I cannot wait to see how she looks finished and against a space backdrop.

A masterpiece of craftmanship!

Looking back on when I started this build, it was March last year. Long way. Thanks to your support, I could manage to carry this on.
Thank you, NakedMoleRat-san.

It's a great news that you start to build yours!
So I can enjoy another cool build soon.:thumbsup

Same here .... though I am COMPLETELY intimidated by all of the LED work. Not that one would have to include LED lighting into a spacecraft model, but just look how unbelievably COOL it looks. :eek

Does anyone know of any tutorial resources (YouTube or otherwise) for LED wiring in modelmaking?

TOM

Thank you very much for your comment, TOM-san!
In fact, I have never learned about the wiring of LED circuit.:lol
The LED I used for this build is Christmas illumination I bought through the internet. That was 10 dollar. And also I bought the pre-wired micro LED and switch/battery kit about 15 dollar. Oh, I never thought I will use all of the 100 LEDs of Christmas illumination for this build.:lol
All the best,

Katsu

Great job, Katsu-san! You should feel very proud. :)

Thank you very much Cadeus-san, I'm proud that I have so many good friend here to support me all the time.

Adding my voice to the chorus -beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

:lolThank you very much, kcghostbuster-san!

Katsu-san,

You've created a wonderful ship that I'm sure anyone here would love to travel aboard.

I really love the detail of the park with the globe in the centre. The solar panel idea is simply brilliant. Such a simple idea but the effect is perfect.

Thank you for sharing this build with us. Every time I check this thread out, I wonder just how you'll top your previous work. You never fail. :)

Keep up the excellent work!

Truly awe inspiring work! I am amazed at the intricacy, creativity and beauty of all the works you have made. May I ask, is this a hobby for you or do you create similar things as a profession? And is model making an art you learned as a child? Again, truly masterful work!

Thank you very much for stopping by and kine praise, Sighkedelic-san!
I'm doing this just for my hobby and this is the fourth model of my build.
I haven't learned anything properly. Only I love those things about Sci-fi.

Best regards to you. :D

Katsu

The fourth model I build was nothing of this magnitude. You've shown us that with dedication, passion and imagination, a lot can be achieved.

Made a glass ceiling for the beach and adjust the lighting here and there.
Also, chopped the sheet plastic to make a hundreds of bits.
I hired my daughter No.2 to help chopping for 500yen per hour.
Sitting side by side in the work shack, listening to the radio, chatting
about the music and movie. That was fun.

I haven't use the super glue to fix this. To prevent glass from being clouded I've just snapped in the frame.
KC460950.jpg

KC460951.jpg

Turn on the sun light. It's too white.. huum....

KC460952.jpg

KC460953.jpg

KC460954.jpg

Those tubes inside are look better now.

KC460955.jpg

KC460957.jpg

Thank for looking.

Last edited:
Katsu, your work is just sheer, unending brilliance...every time I come to this thread, you completely blow my mind! Astounding work....again!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back