DSC00656.jpg

DSC00651.jpg

DSC00650.jpg

DSC00644.jpg

DSC00648.jpg

DSC00653.jpg

Please let me know what you think!

Last edited:
Re: Another Ross Supes... Honest Crits Pleaseeee!!!!

I think it is coming along nicely. I like this version much better than some of the other Ross.

Can't wait to see how it progresses.

I think you're nailing it!

What scale will this one be?

Draven

I think you nailed it dead on.
I love all Ross's work, and although the painting you are using as reference is one of my least favorite of his Superman images (just not my favorite look on his face - too smug and self righteous for sups, for me) Still the sculpt looks like the image, so great work. I need to have you make me a Kingdom Come Superman bust in 1:1 - that is my dream bust. Guess I need to win the lotto fist, but when I do, I am pm'ing you.:)
great work!

The face is coming along nicely, but the neck looks a bit thin. His body also seems a bit small. Ross has always done Superman as very broad chested.

I think you nailed it dead on.
I love all Ross's work, and although the painting you are using as reference is one of my least favorite of his Superman images (just not my favorite look on his face - too smug and self righteous for sups, for me) Still the sculpt looks like the image, so great work. I need to have you make me a Kingdom Come Superman bust in 1:1 - that is my dream bust. Guess I need to win the lotto fist, but when I do, I am pm'ing you.:)
great work!

well, any budget in mind?

well, any budget in mind?
Not really, I have never done anything like that before - how much would you charge for a full size bust? You can PM me that answer if you want. No matter what it would be something I would need to put money away for (not piles of cash here (unfortunately:unsure) It is my Holy Grail of a comic collectible so I am always interested.:rolleyes

Not really, I have never done anything like that before - how much would you charge for a full size bust? You can PM me that answer if you want. No matter what it would be something I would need to put money away for (not piles of cash here (unfortunately:unsure) It is my Holy Grail of a comic collectible so I am always interested.:rolleyes

You want it painted with glass eyes and fabric outfit or unpainted with sculpted outfit?

Still needs some cleaning and fixing on some areas, here's an updated pics of the sculpt:

Up Close and detailed Shots

IMG_3529.jpg
IMG_3533.jpg

IMG_3545.jpg
IMG_3547.jpg

IMG_3539.jpg
IMG_3541.jpg

IMG_3549.jpg
IMG_3558.jpg

IMG_3562.jpg
IMG_3531.jpg

Full with fabric:

IMG_3537.jpg

Thanks for looking![/b]

Last edited by a moderator:

You want it painted with glass eyes and fabric outfit or unpainted with sculpted outfit?

Well if money was no object (since I am guessing it would be more expensive) I would say the painted with eyes and fabric version. But Since I am thinking the whole thing is likely already more then i could afford I would have to say the other one. The only other thought I had was that it could be just his head and neck from the his costume neckline up, then I could mount it on a full costumed mannequin down the road. Split up the cost some and less on the sculpt may help lower the cost of the head as well. All that being said I have never really done anything like this so maybe that is a bad idea.:)

Re: Another Ross Supes... Pics Updated (Needs Opinion)

The skin texture on these new shots is great, I have seen some have difficulty with realistic neck skin texture, and yours looks fantastic.:thumbsup

Very nice. Are you going to cast it with the cloth on?

that is a really nice sculpt, to me hes got a puzzled/pissed off look as if to say.....

your pulling that s*** ......with me here?!

z

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back