Another Phaser Colour Question Thread...

Chrisisall

Sr Member
So, correct me if I'm wrong, but my research shows the P1 to be very dark gray, the handle to be black, but the gray of the body of P2 is in question for me.
Some shots make it seem bluish gray, many exhibit a more medium gray (lighting must affect the look of the colour, obviously).
My AA/DS phaser seems to be very bluish gray.
herophaser.jpg

midgradephaser.jpg

crapzoidphaser.jpg

(from www.TK560.com: Phasers )

I just watched Galileo Seven, and throughout most of the show, they appeared to be medium gray.

I'm chroming the silver parts on my phaser just now, and was wondering if I could get a consensus from more experienced phaser-accurizers here.:cool

P2 Body - Shadow Gray is #K01604 UPC 075577000814
Ace Hardware

Handle - Rustoleum Dark Bronze Metallic 7713 UPC 020066771386 Lowes always has it.

Phaser 1: Zynolyte Dark Gray Primer # 8070
This stuff is hard to find but you can use HotRod primer from any auto parts store. It is flat colored so you buff it up with some steel wool and it looks good.

The out of the can colors are not dead on with the faded paint but they are very close.

Only the vacuformed P1s had black handles, not the Hero or midgrades.

Last edited:
I believe I have acouple cans of Zylonite Grey if your interested, I'll have to double check, but shoot me a PM if ya want a can

I believe I have acouple cans of Zylonite Grey if your interested, I'll have to double check, but shoot me a PM if ya want a can
That dark gray isn't so hard for me to simulate, but thanks!:thumbsup
Still, I'm finding LOTS of screencaps with dark bronze handles since Phez brought my attention to it! :wacko

The bronze handle color looks black sometimes, depending on lighting. That's the problem with metallic colors. Remember the Clounminders cap with the light handle? That's the same phaser as Finney's above.

Here are a few of the best Bluray caps.

Thanks SEVERELY, Rob, I have been totally educated today! You & Phez have schooled me big time! (y)rolleyes

I will make the proper corrections on my handles, of course.

Yeah, the black handle one is way too blue.

Your other one was based on the DS9 colors, and is too light for TOS.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're other one was based on the DS9 colors, and is too light for TOS.
But not overly so, IMHO.:)
I'm treading a fine line between accurizing my phasers a bit & wiping out that upon which they are based.
I don't plan to sand off the writing near the left side fins, for example.
If I want to go for the gold, I'll do one from scratch. Metal pieces & all.
I just wanna make the most of the toys I got.
And y'all are helping me in THAT goal enormously!!!
Thanks!!

Huh, I have never seen that gray on gray version of the DS phaser. Is that one of the (many :lol) stock color combos that came with???? That looks almost dead on to the TNT colors like robn1 said.

That one was a Toys R Us exclusive, based on T&T. They really went nuts with all the color variations :lol

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back