Another One Ring

Heyjude7

I know that the weta /hansen one ring is the most accurate but has anyone had any dealings with F Boutique ? They have a really nice one ring in gold zirconium plated tungsten. It looks good and they have a nice chain also. Im interested in the one with no engravings

I bought the chain and it does the job quite nicely. It doesn't have as bright of a "white metal shine" as the original, but the quality for the price is great.

As far as service goes, from what I recall, I ordered the chain and it arrived in about a week, which isn't too bad for international service...

Here is a 3 way comparison between the Badali version (left) F-boutique (center) and Jen Hansen (right)

DSCN2718.jpg

and one of the F-boutique (left and Jen Hansen (right)

DSCN2720.jpg

as you can tell its not bad for the price, but the Hansen is a work of art and is exactly like the movie. With Weta now offering a cheap version from Hansen (only $109) its really hard to beat.

Thanks for the pics. Exactly what i was looking for. Now gonna seal the deal on a weta one. Is there a backorder? The site looks good to go but not sure if im.
Missing anything

I know the Weta one is a JH, but the ones he sells on his site has the hallmark as well?

The 18ct gold, 9ct gold or silver one ring you can order without hallmarks on JH's own website. (there's a scroll down menu next to the ringsizes with the option to order it without any hallmarks)
The tungsten gold-plated version is only available through Weta as far as I know.

This is exactly the information I was looking for about One rings without the inscriptions.

I was thinking of getting the F-Boutique with and without the inscriptions for a small display case but with the Weta Hansen's out there it might be worth the extra money for them.

The 18ct gold, 9ct gold or silver one ring you can order without hallmarks on JH's own website. (there's a scroll down menu next to the ringsizes with the option to order it without any hallmarks)
The tungsten gold-plated version is only available through Weta as far as I know.

but at almost 1,500 for the 9 ct. I don't think anyone is considering those. If they are, good on them!

Yeah I know it’s very expensive. But the gold price is insane right now and it will probably only get worse. If you can afford it, it’s the best replica out there.

You can always order the silver one without hallmarks and have it plated, or ask if they can plate it for you at JH’s workshop. Still more expensive than the Weta one but far less than a gold one and you won't have any hallmarks.

Last edited by a moderator:
From the JH site:

Q: What size Ring was used in the movie when we saw it worn on the neckchain?
A: This was a size 11 ring in 18 carat yellow gold.

Note that there were a couple of sizes made though for various shots (ie: the Sauron size, etc).

I don't know if I said this already but THANK YOU! This thread was very very helpful! I don't recall seeing the rings all side by side. Thank you! I saved this photo so I can show my wife! :lol

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back