Another Molding and Casting Questions thread

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

BH1905

Hi, lots of threads like this but they are all a bit different.
I've sculpted a small face (Babu Frik) in Fimo / Sculpey. I only used a 2oz package so it's quite a small sculpture.
I'm looking to make a mold using a kit I have Alumilite Silicone, the link is here.
Mold Making Kit

I'm hoping you experts can recommend a casting material for the face. I'd like it to be soft like silicone but paintable with light coats of acrylic washes (I know soft/flexible and acrylic paints aren't a great combination) I also want to be able to punch hair/whiskers into it. I want to avoid silicone since I want to paint with thin layers of acrylic craft paints.... as an example, I have a Cyberman Yoda that is quite stretchy but still holds the acrylic paint very well. Also, I only need a small amount, I'm only making a few casts so I am trying to keep costs at a minimum. Lastly, I live in Canada, so smooth-on products or something off of amazon would be great. Hope someone has a recommendation, thanks.
624AF36F-EE6C-4B7D-B0AB-9EA70F01F05C.jpeg

Last edited:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Empiricus

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Check out Psycho Paint- Platinum Silicone Paint Base from Smooth On. Only easy way I know to keep things flexible and convincingly painted. Beautifully done.