Another A L I E N Nostromo crew jacket- Kane's...finished!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Bondo Fett

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
And here is my finished jacket. I got these pictures taken in natural light on a bright overcast day- good light for seeing all the details, no hot spots or shadows. I'm wearing a Gildan Ultra Cotton T-shirt in color pistachio for reference (that seems to be the most popular choice for the crew T's). I didn't correct the color of the pictures.

IMG_0718.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

IMG_0709.jpg

IMG_0711.jpg

The cording for the compression laces is from Paracord Planet, type #95, color foliage: Foliage - 95 Paracord
The laces on Kane's jacket seem sloppier than the laces on Dallas' jacket. They spread out towards the top as they tuck under the crew patch, so I tried to emulate this. Also seem to miss a few loops, so I copied that, too.
The panels were sewn on by hand with a whip stitch. That was a lot of work.
Once I got the laces tied up I put a drop of CA on all the knots to keep 'em in place.

IMG_0715.jpg
IMG_0723.jpg

I thought about tucking the lace panels under the velcro at the wrist, but the reference picture showed them ending just above. I sewed the flange of the pink piping of the collar into the seam (not SA, but just looks better), but I left the end sort of ragged and loose.

Well, I very pleased with the whole project. I got a lot of inspiration and resources from the Replica Prop Forum. I hope these pics will be of use to other members. Thanks for looking!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Trebor

I'm doing a Parker jacket because I can't find a RAF Mk 3 in my size (XXL or prob RAF size 8 or 9).

But, man, looking at yours, I wish I could do that style. You did a great job.

And the info on the patches and the weathering is going to be very helpful to me with mine, so thanks for that.

Bondo Fett

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm doing a Parker jacket because I can't find a RAF Mk 3 in my size (XXL or prob RAF size 8 or 9).

But, man, looking at yours, I wish I could do that style. You did a great job.

And the info on the patches and the weathering is going to be very helpful to me with mine, so thanks for that.
Thank you, I'm glad you liked it, I'm happy to share.
I didn't think I could score a mklll either, but I just waited it out on Ebay until I got lucky.
Actually, I made Parker's jacket several years ago, because, at the time, I didn't think I could get my hands on a mklll. I don't have any good pictures, but I have lots of notes. If you like, I'll share my build of that one.