Animatronics tutorial- DONE!

AmazIngly informative! I read the entire thing. It definitely is well written even for a lay person who has zero exposure to this kInd of technology.

What I learned?

A. Pay someone to do this for me.
Or
B. Buy it in kit form.

Otherwise I will just blow up every electronic piece listed! Haha

Any chance you can make up kits of this and offer them for sale. I am willing to pay the marked up price for your expertise?????

Haven't reat it, yet, (Just woke up and need about three more cups of coffee to get going) but if it's anything like your other pieces, it's gonna rock. I haven't been a member that long, but I have taken the time to read a lot of older threads. I have noticed how one person's contribution can lead to a surge in creativity and production from this group. Look at the P2 explosion, for example. Or actually, just the huge explosion BECAUSE of this site. I look forward to the new year and seeing what is developed by members of the Lair, because of the seed you just planted, Honus. Thank you...

Glad you like it guys! It really is simpler than it looks and once you start fiddling around with it it will really open your eyes to a lot of possibilities.

Jerome

Great work Jerome!! I read it all and have decided that I will go for a animatronic canon for my upcoming build =) Thanks for your tutorial and I'm looking forward to your gauntlet tutorial =)
Keep'em coming!

Kenny

what LED'S did yo use? for some reason i can view the files at the bottom

Which LEDs- I used several. For the Iron Man board I used SMD LEDs and for the Pred cannon it's a Luxeon 1 Watt. All other LEDs are just generic ones you can buy anywhere. Links for all the parts are in the tutorial.

Not sure what you mean about the files- do you mean the pictures? Click on the small "i" symbol on each photo- that will take you to the hi res version.

oh im sorry its my first time using that site n i didnt see all that thanks you so much for posting man and replying to me

im sorry i keep asking questions but i dont understand much of this how do i go about just making just the leds and the sound effect fire off with no movement would i need a different board or what? or if at all is there a way i can do it without the board? im really interested in this but my heads just swimming on this thanks again

im sorry i keep asking questions but i dont understand much of this how do i go about just making just the leds and the sound effect fire off with no movement would i need a different board or what? or if at all is there a way i can do it without the board? im really interested in this but my heads just swimming on this thanks again

You would just need one pushbutton switch that would turn on the LED and trigger the sound- that way way ll you would need is the sound board.

Man im not going to lie that has to be one of the coolest things i have ever some1 on here build. Let me know if you are able to make me one, PM info if u can thanks

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back