ANH Obi Wan special effects lightsaber replica project

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

vadermania

Sr Member
This looks so great! I have to admit, having the batteries in the handle does leave this as a striking demonstration
Thank you. I know it‘s not screen accurate, like Halliwax‘ beautiful „Legend Edition“ saber. But hey, if they really used two or three different Obi sabers for the duel, perhaps there was one which worked with a battery in the handle ;)

Did some more „testing“ with my balsa stunt blade today and started to hit another rod with it. Interestingly, the bending of the blade looked very similar to what we can see on screen. That balsa blade is tougher than I thought initially.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

vadermania

Sr Member
Here is a teaser pic of the finished prototype (left: no flash, right: with flash):
Teaser.JPG

vadermania

Sr Member
UPDATE 7: my finished Obi Wan ANH special effects lightsaber replica prototype:
Prototype 4.JPG

Prototype1.JPG

Without you guys this project would still be spinning in my head – thank you so much for your continuous inspiration and support.

Although we still don’t know if the original V3 lightsaber was ever equipped with a motor and mechanics inside, it’s really cool to see my V3 lightsaber replica next to the ANH special effects lightsaber replica:
R2 & sabers.JPG

Hope you enjoyed my journey as much as I did!

LOM

Absolutely phenomenal! It's been awesome to watch this project develop. love that pic next to the V3 and R2!

sjbrisk

Thanks for your kind words, means a lot to me!

Could‘t resist and had to apply a coat of „used universe“ today.
View attachment 1304014
You have left me breathless with your stunning work! The most entertaining reading of 2020, by far!!
Is there any chance you would kindly make and sell me one of these please, or if not, perhaps just the 3D print or the aluminium blanks?
I would make one myself, but unfortunately, only have one arm since an accident in 2008.
My email is: simonbrisk@ymail.com and would love to hear from you.
Thanks ever so much for making my year. Absolutely amazing, you should be extremely proud of yourself.
Hope to hear from you soon, my dear friend.
Thanks ever so much,
Simon.

vadermania

Sr Member
You have left me breathless with your stunning work! The most entertaining reading of 2020, by far!!
Is there any chance you would kindly make and sell me one of these please, or if not, perhaps just the 3D print or the aluminium blanks?
I would make one myself, but unfortunately, only have one arm since an accident in 2008.
My email is: simonbrisk@ymail.com and would love to hear from you.
Thanks ever so much for making my year. Absolutely amazing, you should be extremely proud of yourself.
Hope to hear from you soon, my dear friend.
Thanks ever so much,
Simon.
PM sent.

kurtyboy

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Must have and keep with the handful of other items I'm keeping from the collection I'm selling. I kept my TM ESB helmet.