ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

Re: ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies FOUND, Update in 1st Post

:cheers...by the way.

A big thanks to everyone who has followed/contributed to this thread!

I see we just passed our 18 month anniversary 5 days ago!

In a few weeks, the parts will be finished and on their way to all that ordered. I am sure you will all be thrilled.

We can then begin a build and compare thread to watch the progress of our builds and share ideas for assembly if you all want to follow it through.

Cheers!:cheers

just noticed that the safety is the correct HERO safety not the NR with the hole so unless they swapped the safety, it isn't the NR lower with the two mount spots.

As I said a few times, the ESB stunt is cast from the ANH Hero as seen in the color photos of the prop (the NR lower already swapped out). ;)
The Merr-Sonn's have the old NR safety.

The oval defect is likely an air bubble in the mold as Dan said. I confirmed that it's the NR upper by checking the serial numbers. I believe Brandon mentions this in the Tested article as well.

mauserserialnumbers.jpg

Okay, when it comes to the model parts discovery, I'm astounded. This IS major discovery stuff, I'm honored to be around for this one. Really sorry to hear that the guy producing them got knocked on his butt....Still.... Ahh! thats so cool! Nice work. go figure, another model kit. ...woow :D

Last edited:

Wow. Congratulations, deadbolt, on the discovery! Good work. :thumbsup

It is absolutely amazing that there is a guy has the original molds. I think that the best option would be to organise a group order. If I had been living anywhere near Malcolm Reade, I would have volunteered some of my time to work as his assistant in getting them done.

Thanks allot everyone for the kind words! The RCgroup members are the real help though for suggesting what the parts could possibly be, and unfortunately unlike us they probably won't be very happy about the discovery once veron kits are getting snatched up like graflex 3 cells.

But hopefully everything works out for Malcolm and he can work something out next year with the re-manufactured cylinder kits! Not only are they more affordable but those could likely save allot of original kits also.

-Carson

It's hard to believe that Harrison Ford would run around with the heavy all metal Hero in the holster for the whole movie.
In The Making of SW documentary, look at the rehearsal of the DS escape scene, where Ford is saying "bang, bang". I've always thought the gun looked rather light in his hand, like it was resin.

...I saw that in the outtake bunker scene if that's what you are referring to.. I think he say's Bang as he breaks through the door. funny.

going to see Dave tomorrow!

I'll get an update and some pics.

won't be long now.

Last edited:

WOW.

This is all so great. CONGRATS on the find! Another discovery. I'm so happy to be a part of all this. What a great discovery and really cool theories on the disk.

THANKS AGAIN to all!!! (y)thumbsup

revisiting the new stunt pic.

have a look.

The Stunt images seem to have very clear circular marks in the casting
The top circular mark is raised like the edge of a glue line rather than a scratch.

The bottom looks like a gouge.

The Pre-production HERO show similar marks on the right side under the crossbar.

Maybe caused by tightening a nut/ leaving a gouge? There must be some reason the right and left side have those similar circular gouge marks.

All three images of the left side are sized according to the side panel recess and all three line up perfectly with the Disk area.

No conclusion from me but seems more than coincidence.

Maybe the Stunt mold was made post ANH for the ESB and the ANH Mount and plastic parts ie: Grill, Antenna/Track sight were removed to put the Blank fire Mauser back into the arsenal at Bapty for other productions?

Anyone know if the ESB piston hole go all the way thru? Is that the receiver surface we are seeing thru the hole?

cudetaildiskareastunthe.jpg

Last edited:

stuntdiskhole.jpg

the yellow dot and square marks where the center hole area would be.

If the holes in the piston go all the way thru, could it have been filled for the mold?

Possibilities are that the Disk was recessed on the HERO and filled for the mold of the ESB Stunt and the marks left in the cast are just some missing putty and raised edge.

Or, the Disk area was only a masked area left unpainted when the "Disk" fell off.

Last edited:

went to see Dave today.

Everything looks great. Finishing the Bull Barrels.

Dave is making some outstanding parts.

Checked the New Tomtit cylinder against the Grills and Comlink and they are very very close.

I did an overlay of the new cylinder and the CAD model Grill and they match almost exactly! As close as the photo will allow us to check.

Carson did a great job estimating the sizes! Within a few 10th of a mm.

It is clear now that we were correct that the only way the assembled grill could work was to use three fat parts of the cylinders and glue them up as we described with the top section flipped and set back off center.

Nailed it!

Dave has most of the hardware and will be working the Brass parts next!

Last edited:

...I saw that in the outtake bunker scene if that's what you are referring to...
He might've done it there, too, but he definitely said it in TMoSW as I described.

I just caught up with the kit find story here, that was so exciting it feels like a weekend again! Great work, from the finders to the maker.

Just wanted to say thanks again to Kpax for taking time to educate me on the pushrods. So hard to keep up to date on all the new discoveries! Can't wait to see the builds with the new parts - very jealous - I just missed out on the parts order ;)

Just wanted to say thanks again to Kpax for taking time to educate me on the pushrods. So hard to keep up to date on all the new discoveries! Can't wait to see the builds with the new parts - very jealous - I just missed out on the parts order ;)

Just my interpretation of the front sight thingy. Seems reasonable but, pics can be deceiving,,,

Stay tuned for the end of the run. There may be some leftovers, first come first serve.

After this run, if there is enough interest Dave may do another.

Piston holes go all the way through. They are hollow.

Thanks Kurt!
just posted update on sale thread... wont be long now.

i thought as these items have been found it would be nice to see them on the real things, so here is the only known screen used Star Wars Comlink and Luke Skywalkers prototype blaster made for the film but not used, this can be seen in a early photo with Hark Hamill holding it as you can see both props have the exact same parts from the new parts find so well done for finding it and enjoy these images .

in the past a few people said i should show and tell and some did not berleave i even have these items we here they are and high res for you all to have a good look at have fun.

Jason

ps sorry if i put this in the wrong tread

Last edited:

Wow thanks allot for the photos, Jason! Those are some really great photos..:love

Would you maybe be willing to take a couple more photos of the comlink? I would love to see what that small white piece at the bottom end of the dummy cylinder looks like, opposite to the hovi mix tip.

Very, very cool to see these real production props! Your an extremely lucky guy to own those wonderful creations...:love

-Carson

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back