ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

Re: ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion

The grip screw is 3.99 plus 3.84 shipping PLUS 3.00 handling fee! I hate having to order crap on the internet.

auction,... we don't need no stinkin auctions...

That's weird about the grip screw. Maybe we can get one included in the kit for you. If not it is fairly easy to make them like I did.

I'll post a pic.

For buying on line there are many places to get them. I did not know about the excessive S&H on that site. ridiculous.

It really is just a machine screw and threaded "boss"

Get a few cheap brass nuts that match the thread of the screw:

Spin them on to the screw all the way to the head, maybe add two more for spacing:

Chuck it in a drill:

Using a wide flat file, spin the drill and use the file to round the nuts.

You can also make the head of the screw smaller this way at the same time.

Maybe I'll make a vid or tutorial to show if anyone wants it.

That would be awesome! I can't even find brass washers around here. I think my best bet was Ace Hardware and they had nada.

I completely feel the same when i have to order small stuff online, paying 3.99 for the part and 6.99 for packing and shipping. :unsure

Just checked "Numrich Gun Parts" - they sold their sets for 7,15 - but they are sold out.

On the other hand - this parts could be easily made by me or any other guy with a lathe, but machining 3 parts for each set takes time, i guess around 10-15$ when made one by one on request (+ shipping). So ordering the set would still be cheaper - with that in mind, maybe ordering and paying the fee hurts not that much anymore? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

A big Thanks to Rymo for the photos he took and posted in his thread! Now we have even clearer Antenna photos to work from..:love

Star Wars exhibit Props, Models, Costumes - Lots of Pics

Notice that no rings or bulge seems to be present around the antenna head. But there does appear to be a raised area on the very tip-top of the antenna head though, or that could even be something else entirely just sitting on top of the antenna. And it looks like the radius we thought was at the transition from the head to the stem might just be glue like lonepigeon mentioned way back in this thread.

Be sure to thank Rymo, and check his thread for the full un-cropped photos as well as some more ESB/ROTJ Stunt DL-44 photos!

Enjoy these new clearer antenna photos! I know I am..:D

S9btYJ3K.png

-Carson

Last edited:

Well that sheds some new light on the antenna subject.

No rings.

The raised area at the top was where the other antenna was glued but if you look at the first dash board images we got, one angle showed that raised area is a ring of glue and the head can be seen thru the middle. Maybe there was something else glued there originally because the dash defiantly shows some areas where the glue and surface is missing and nothing is glued there and the antenna is glued "next to" the missing surface.

a metal part that was glued above there I think before the other antenna was knocked off as well

The transition between the head and stem is still there. Seems to be a step and bulge but in the pic at the far right, it seems to "look" like a concave radius due to the down angle.

On the bump you noticed on the cast blaster firing pin housing, it does seem to be there on the pre-production HERO as well.

Could that be a welded up area on the receiver to convert the upper to fire semi auto?

(I just looked and seems only the Bolt Stop is there so no real reason for the bump material I can see)

Does not seem like this ONE Mauser would have that strange bump by accident.

Last edited:

Kpax pointed out that there's a visible seam line running down the side of the speeder antenna, and basing on the new photos it appears that the seam follows straight down the stem as well..So I wonder if these antennas were either a one-piece part, or multiple parts built up and cast into one piece?

It seems possible that the bulge below the antenna head at the transition to the stem may even be part of the original antenna pieces since they're all one piece. But if these antennas were cast in resin then who knows what the bulge is or what the antenna is made from!

Lets hope it's originally a one-piece part or else we may never find this thing. :lol

-Carson

Wait for it
.wait
Bam!
mgc_mauser1.jpg

mgc_mauser2.jpg

Due to its completeness, it will be tough to deface it. But this is what I got it for. You think the order forms are still good? :lol I'll probably have my modded denix in the JY soon. :)

Nice find, Clutch! :thumbsup

Very fine condition too, cool that it even has the import slips with it. Now you own the "Safe" non-firing replica gun..;)

-Carson

Just scored an MGC as well! Should be to me shortly. Now, it has the 9mm grips which I need to replace. Am I correct in thinking the MGC grip frame is still oversized vs. a real mauser? So, to make my real mauser grips fit, I'll have to remove metal like I did for the Denix?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back