Andy's Din Djarin BoBF/S2 Costume Build

Andy

So for well over a year now messaging with various makers and a lot of researching I started commissioning mando items last December. Below is my build list for reference, aiming for initially basic approval for a BoBF Din and will endeavor for L2 once a benchmark is available.

Soft Parts and Leather Bits

~ Flight suit top, bottom, flak vest, neckseal, cummerbund, apron, and cape ~ The DarkSide Closet (Ordered amended with CRL changes/Waiting.)

~Additional leather apron, and cape ~ Debora Di Meo (Waiting for arrival)

~ Bandolier, belt, holster, left shin straps, right shin leather wrapped in rubber shin form. ~ Debora Di Meo (Arrived)

~ Boots ~ Crowprops (Need to buy)

~ Gloves ~ Modded stomper gloves ~ The DarkSide Closet (Ordered/Waiting)

Metal Components

~Front buckle, sling clip, grav charge holder, belt plate, swivel mount, tri-glide, knee darts, bandolier and shin cylinders ~ JJ Industries (Arrived)

Armor

~ Helmet, chest, abs, left thigh, right thigh, knee, back, hips, butt, left shin, pauldrons, hand plates and gauntlets ~ NomadProps (Arrived)

~ Rising Phoenix with harness ~ Jon Stark using Josh Gaetz’s [Chamanleon FX] file (Ordered/Waiting)

Accessories

~ Blaster ~ Cris Martinez [3DFanatics] using Big Fred’s Customs file with Emmanuel Colón Fernández [Filament Freedom] wood grip (Ordered/Waiting)

~ Vibroblade ~ RedzProps (Arrived)

~ Grav charges ~JJ Industries (Arrived)

~ Darksaber ~ Korbanth Sabers (Need to buy)

~ Grogu ~ Ralph Sutter 3D modeled design, cast in silicone/painted by Nigel Chua with custom tailored coat (Ordered/Waiting)

~Child bag ~ Debora Di Meo (Arrived)

First update is on armor! Photos from a few stages of progress come courtesy of the ever talented Sean Gerardi aka NomadProps, an absolute standup guy he’s expertly handling my helmet, armor and electronics package. And yes, the backplate was adjusted kindly by Sean to the correct smooth CRL one before anybody points it out lol. Most of these parts were resin printed on a Phrozen SonicMega 8k then fiberglass reinforced. A bit left to go on a few pieces but I should be receiving my first mystery box of goodies soon! Next update will cover the tasset armor and some electronics!

08B194F6-5BCE-4441-ADB1-74D335AB6E70.jpg

DB4C066A-B055-44D8-907E-7FD990BCC5D8.jpg

01BF3034-46C4-4C5F-920A-D5A69AE600BD.jpg

488CCFD0-29A9-453E-AC39-5CE8544C6814.jpg

6E9E04F0-C9FF-46C2-AC30-D914FC1F3071.jpg

F31089AC-0385-491E-B136-7D46EB83CB27.jpg

Last edited:
Sunday evening video updates! Mandoputer and static whistling birds are installed in the bracers, they are magnetically secured but need a little foam padding to get the right fit. The tasset armor is a special recipe of semi rigid resin for some flexibility without sacrificing durability.

A few modestly big updates to share first news on the helmet! It was love at first sight more than a year ago when I was scouting for one and saw NomadProps take on it. There are a lot of really great Din buckets available right now and each has their own characteristics and I won't choose sides which is best but for me this one met all my preferences.

My helmet is still progressing but it's shaping up to be a real stunner. Now onto the backplate, Sean kindly re-sanded/filled in the inaccurate line detail to meet the updated CRL standard and its already primed for paint.

Now in case you were wondering when do I get my first shipment? Well spoilers, I already have! I'll be posting about it next time!

E162CC19-B1B3-4A7A-9492-02AC764302A6 (1).jpg

78CA2FB7-DA44-4AD4-8D70-B517C6A828DD (2).jpg

C3BA4FB6-103A-4FDD-954A-1EA9F167C39A (1).jpg

291766617_181985874254639_8044182403207164619_n.jpeg

A446BAA9-538B-49AC-8CB2-E0349042F894 (1).jpg

3658860B-966D-40E7-8A18-470B9D313F96 (2).jpg

First. Nice work, quite amazing.

Second. I'm a beginner on leather working and some guys asked me to make them all Din Djarin's leather pieces: holster, belt, etc. Do you have any sketch of those pieces by any chance? If the answer is no. Do you wanna make some together?

First. Nice work, quite amazing.

Second. I'm a beginner on leather working and some guys asked me to make them all Din Djarin's leather pieces: holster, belt, etc. Do you have any sketch of those pieces by any chance? If the answer is no. Do you wanna make some together?
I actually commissioned all of my leather work from Debora Di Meo, if your looking for templates/tutorials to make your own bandolier and belt rig she has those available on The Mandalorian Din Djarin Costumers Guild over on Facebook. Plus check out her YouTube channel for video guides which are also very helpful with the process.

I actually commissioned all of my leather work from Debora Di Meo, if your looking for templates/tutorials to make your own bandolier and belt rig she has those available on The Mandalorian Din Djarin Costumers Guild over on Facebook. Plus check out her YouTube channel for video guides which are also very helpful with the process.
+1 for Debora! I also got my leather goods from her. While her waitlist can be a bit long, she’s very responsive and her stuff is fantastic!

Sean

+1 for Debora! I also got my leather goods from her. While her waitlist can be a bit long, she’s very responsive and her stuff is fantastic!

Sean
Amen to that, Deb's an absolute sweetheart and her work is top notch. Her lead time has reasonably gotten longer from all the positive word of mouth but you know having your own set of her goods it's the absolute bee's knees. It was the easiest decision for purchases I had to make for my kit.

Another happy milestone marked on this journey my helmet and armor have arrived! Everything came impeccably made and packaged by my Beskar Guru NomadProps! Models come courtesy of Great Ape Studio, the bestest aluminum knee darts from JJ Industries, the helmet was cast molded and the armor resin printed on a Phrozen Sonic Mega 8k, fiberglass reinforced then painted and finished in Imperial Surface alumaluster.

This set is just beautiful in person as it looks in the photos outta the lightbox. I can’t begin to describe what a surreal feeling it was putting on that bucket for the first time, it was a moment almost two years in the making and putting me a step closer to that someday soon that seemed absolutely improbable when I started.

I owe a debt of gratitude to all the incredibly talented people who have been so generous with their advice and of course my family and friends who are a pillar of support I lean on everyday.

1.jpg

14.jpg

12.JPG

11.jpg

13.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

8b.jpg

Thanks Sean! NomadProps did a stellar job with everything, I'll be doing some additional detailing and weathering of the greave, knee and handplates but it's pretty much ready for velcro once my soft parts arrive. :D

Today’s update has been ages overdue not because I was waiting for the items but because I wanted to share them properly with my new photo setup, here is my gorgeous 3rd generation genuine Italian leather bandolier, belt and leg greaves set made by the incomparably talented and kind Debora Di Meo!

As for all those exquisitely machined aluminum bits along with the holster, grav charges and shin form come courtesy of the lovely Karen and Luke Daley of JJ Industries!

I cannot sing their praises enough as makers and as people, the dedication they have for their crafts and this community is utterly inspiring. While they all look amazing pristine everything is getting weathered and those aluminum cylinders will be treated with some oil paints soon.

1.jpg

17.jpg

8.jpg

14.jpg

12.jpg

4.jpg

7.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

11.jpg

13.jpg

10.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

18.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back