Anakin Starkiller's New Luke ROTJ Hero saber design thread

Since I can never leave "well enough" alone, I decided to make some changes to mine.
Since I wanted a "reveal", I ditched the "canoe" and got some grey ABS from the hobby shop.
I also made a close approximation of the internal circuits. Not perfect, but I'm happy.
I also removed the raised ring on the pommel.
Pics:
AS_ROTJ_LUKE_01.jpg

AS_ROTJ_LUKE_02.jpg

AS_ROTJ_LUKE_03.jpg

AS_ROTJ_LUKE_06.jpg

AS_ROTJ_LUKE_04.jpg

And for fun, a family photo:

AS_ROTJ_LUKE_05.jpg

Thanks again, Dan!

-Chris

Reel Fakes
Excellent job with the internal circuit board. I have the same idea and have a bunch of old HDD boards left over from my crystal chamber days that I need to go through. Did you find a board like that it did you “kit bash” the circuits from multiple boards?

Tracking numbers went out to everyone who's saber has shipped. If you paid in this past week, your saber has not yet shipped, so there is no tracking number to send. I ship these out in lots approximately once a week. If you have a particular question to ask me, sending a personal message directly to me is a more productive form of communication then posting in this thread and hoping that I'll see it.

I have them and will include them with the next shipment that goes out as an option. They're a little thinner gauge then the chrome ones. So they should go in easier. They are black steel, and I think that some acetone will strip the black coating nicely, but haven't gotten a chance to experiment.

If anyone wants one as a replacement, you can send me a PM with your shipping address and I'll mail them out.

I have them and will include them with the next shipment that goes out as an option. They're a little thinner gauge then the chrome ones. So they should go in easier. They are black steel, and I think that some acetone will strip the black coating nicely, but haven't gotten a chance to experiment.

If anyone wants one as a replacement, you can send me a PM with your shipping address and I'll mail them out.

PM in bound Dan ;)

Dan, would you happen to have the forward voltage numbers at a certain mAmp rating for the LEDs that were supplied with this kit? I use that to calculate the resistor's resistance and wattage in-line. If not I'll just use Dmitry Shtok's recommended resistors for certain color accent LED from the proffie board manual.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back