Anakin Starkiller RoTJ Hero Finishing Tutorial Thread

DaveP was cool enough to share the circuit board file Iniguo came up with!! He and Iniguo are saying you can get this card to work with the Starkiller hero if you get rid of the Canoe and go with their rail setup

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d5buuoorynz1wyv/AAAmQWzTyheahyEMT771O2_Wa?dl=0

card1.jpg

card2.jpg

Wicked job guys!!!

DaveP was cool enough to share the circuit board file Iniguo came up with!! He and Iniguo are saying you can get this card to work with the Starkiller hero if you get rid of the Canoe and go with their rail setup

Wicked job guys!!!
Thanks, Danny. Hope it comes in useful for people. The one in the link is my original model. Inigo chose to remodel before printing as mine wasn't easy to modify due to it being tris as apposed to quads. It should print just fine though :)

P.S. sent you a PM in case you haven't seen it. I know you have a lot to get through, so no rush!

Thanks, Danny. Hope it comes in useful for people. The one in the link is my original model. Inigo chose to remodel before printing as mine wasn't easy to modify due to it being tris as apposed to quads. It should print just fine though :)

P.S. sent you a PM in case you haven't seen it. I know you have a lot to get through, so no rush!

I must have missed it, checking now

Hi DaveP, I'm not sure if I understand. You're saying that the 3D model is not the same as the printed version in the picture? I printed the model from the Dropbox-link, but it seems less detailed. Is it possible to get Inigo's latest version? I'd love to add the faux-pcb in my build as well! (I will soon show some images; I think it's turning out great!)

Roy

Hi DaveP, I'm not sure if I understand. You're saying that the 3D model is not the same as the printed version in the picture? I printed the model from the Dropbox-link, but it seems less detailed. Is it possible to get Inigo's latest version? I'd love to add the faux-pcb in my build as well! (I will soon show some images; I think it's turning out great!)

Roy

Hi Roy,

The top picture is my model (the one in the link), but printed in PLA by SaiyanCookie at a layer height of 120. I haven't received my order of resin ones yet, so don't have a pic (Should have them this weekend)

Inigou took my model and remodelled over the top so that he could chamfer some of the edges and alter a few things. That's the lower picture (printed in resin at 25 microns)

Just out of interest, What did you use to print out yours?

Wicked job guys!!!
For anyone still wanting this file, I've removed the Dropbox link now. You can get the file HERE now on Thingiverse.

It will need trimming down slightly to fit in the AS Hero.

Cheers,

Dave

For anyone still wanting this file, I've removed the Dropbox link now. You can get the file HERE now on Thingiverse.

It will need trimming down slightly to fit in the AS Hero.

Cheers,

Dave

Thanks Dave! I’ll add this link to the first page tonight, appreciate it!

Where is this rail setup you speak of? :)

you would need a 25 micron and a good printer to get as less build lines as possible.
Also i remodelled the card for a softer and clearner result. You can download it here. ALso the two tiny wires ROTJ inigou card
Card is wider that Dan ctrl box, so will need some sanding

Thanks. I downloaded it. But isn't 80MB a bit heavy for such a small item? I think you created an STL on a molecular level! [emoji23]

I think I will just use some real red wire instead.

I already painted the previous part, but it's so tiny and difficult! I'm not really happy with the result.

Thanks. I downloaded it. But isn't 80MB a bit heavy for such a small item? I think you created an STL on a molecular level! [emoji23]

I think I will just use some real red wire instead.

I already painted the previous part, but it's so tiny and difficult! I'm not really happy with the result.

Did you get that file to work roy?

Did you get that file to work roy?
Yes, but only after I reduced 90% of the STL mesh! Now the file is 7MB and my slicer can deal with it easier. I also changed the size to 47.4 x 14.4mm so it can fit the box. I already have some T-shape edges and L-shape plastic profiles to use instead of Dan's stuff. I think the brass stock he shipped don't have sharp enough corners. I'll send some images soon.

Yes, but only after I reduced 90% of the STL mesh! Now the file is 7MB and my slicer can deal with it easier. I also changed the size to 47.4 x 14.4mm so it can fit the box. I already have some T-shape edges and L-shape plastic profiles to use instead of Dan's stuff. I think the brass stock he shipped don't have sharp enough corners. I'll send some images soon.

very interested in seeing your work! anywhere we were can learn how to "reduce mesh"?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back