Anakin Starkiller FX V2 - Aging Weathering & Stencil Tutorial (Master Thread)

for some strange reason when i go to edit, it doesnt show anything up in the message box? im going to embed this video here for now, but hopefully its only a glitch, this way i can add it to the video tutorial section

Weathering inside the ring grooves tutorial

hope this explains it better

I think I’m calling mine done, thanks for the guidance Halliwax! I hope your time with family was encouraging.

Also thanks to Trooper Trent and Anakin Starkiller of course

55CE404B-A4F3-480E-90CF-5F0AFBF0A6C5.jpeg

F36F6F42-DA15-40B8-AF74-123F57F3E1F8.jpeg

Yeah, it’s funny... the whole time i was working on it , I had the thought of — gosh I hope this gives me “the feeling” once I get there. Like trents reaction to getting his from halliwax.
Then after you finally put those last bits of paint down, after all the detailing and scuffing and obsessing a little bit (a lot who am I kidding) - then that very last pass of grime and gruffness and then it happens, wow! This is IT! I have THE saber

Yes I love seeing the progress too, every step it starts getting closer and closer

I’m probably going to do the clamp vid tonight and then I think I have publicly covered everything?

Have I missed anything? I was given a broken ipad, I was thinking of setting that up in the shed to stream on twitch, hang out in the shed while working on v2’s

If I covered everything, I’m going to start bringing the builders kit tutorial up to date

I also need to start a build log for myself showing off what I’ve done the last year. My buddy keeps me busy with all kinds of projects for him, and I got a ton of pics I want to share

Look at me babble... so long story short, have I missed anything? And if so please share here so I can work up ideas on how to do it

Wow, thank you so much for this. You’re a life saver.

I’m aging up another KR v2 for another pal this weekend and we are all felling the benefit of your guidance. I see V2’s on Facebook where they have not followed this tutorial and they just aren’t V2’s to me (between you and me some of them are downright nasty looking).

Very pleased with the progress of my V2, and just wanted to again extend thanks to everyone (Anakin Starkiller, Halliwax, Trooper Trent, Dann) for making it possible.

Trent’s V2 stencils work as if by magic. A bit tricky to work with, but the results are well worth the effort. I just need to touch up a few areas, and work on chipping/weathering the ring grooves. Then on to clamp weathering. Looking forward to the tutorial.

And I was nervous about the windvane process, but the process turned out great. I went a little more fast-and-loose with my windvane, but the results are PERFECT. Looks black from a distance (about two feet away), and then the texture and shades of brown become apparent in close-up.

Pics to come when it’s all finished!

Working on a kr sabers v2. Struggling to line up the dents on the emitter in relation to where the red central line of the stencil will be (have to get it right as the emitter doesn't spin). Where would the red line be on your custom dent stencil (pictured)? Is it where that little snip is on the inner hole?

cc75714cd39394694eb012be87550381-1.jpg

Working on a kr sabers v2. Struggling to line up the dents on the emitter in relation to where the red central line of the stencil will be (have to get it right as the emitter doesn't spin). Where would the red line be on your custom dent stencil (pictured)? Is it where that little snip is on the inner hole?

View attachment 944586

Forget this... I've eyeballed it. :)

I haven’t had much free time this week, and the weather has been crap.. one day in the high 40s but I had to work so no V2 progress lately..

I did how ever manage to find the same suitcase Brandon keeps the real V2 in for safe travel

It took 4 try’s but finally they sent the correct one...

47BF3B5A-CA92-4516-94E7-3B8A0B59C772.jpeg

35F5898D-308C-436B-9F32-9BDD6BE77FDF.jpeg

0B672974-D3B2-4A60-9829-A0E427223658.jpeg
Nice! Really could throw someone for a loop with a setup like that.

Also, I don’t think anyone has posted this, but seeing the MK1 next to the V2 has created a greater appreciation for the narrative of the shared stunt based off the MK1.
It’s really something special and Anakin Starkillers V2 captures the magic of the lineage for sure

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back