Anakin Starkiller FX V2 - Aging Weathering & Stencil Tutorial (Master Thread)

That heater is going to help a ton! It’s been mid 30s here and I think that’s too cold to work outside.

I have no problem working outside in the cold. I work all winter in the cold, but my problem is the damn paint.. if we didn’t have to use stencils I would chance it more. But if the paint doesn’t cure right then the stencil is ruined and I have to start all over

I don’t know if it’s because it’s me, but I take a very long time weeding and applying the stencils. The pikachu and bullwinkle paint chips have to line up exactly above the clamp or it bugs the hell out of me..

You can ask trent, I actually did a V2 over because I wasn’t satisfied with how the bullwinkle paint chip cane out..

I’m too damn fussy... but my name if connected to each one of these so I want them right

I got the heater fired up and it worked great. No as good as my propane heater setup but if I fire it up a hour before I go it it should be fine.

I appreciate everyone’s patience with me, I am makin progress but not as fast as I want to

Believe it or not lol I fell down my basement stairs Friday night, busted my ankle, and hip, and today I’m feeling it in my shoulder but I don’t know if that’s because I’m walking with a cane. (Tripped over my nieces doll house car, and all the way down lol boom boom )

When busted up, it won’t stop me. I worked all weekend in the shed setting up the heat and on other non painted projects.

I was able to use my TLJ dragon cane at Lowe’s gathering my final pieces for the heater.
06779DFC-7F95-4430-A387-E0D5E496DCEC.jpeg

If you post it here before tonight I may be able to explain

It was just how the dents on the emitter line up on a static hilt like KR Sabers v2.

This guide is great for reference but where was the Trent stencil red line? Is it here for example (see red line)?

Attachments

• cc75714cd39394694eb012be87550381-1.jpg
    cc75714cd39394694eb012be87550381-1.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 108
Is that the mystery chunk slightly askew there at the bottom? The screw I got from Dann sits exactly like that on my V2

Yes! We can see the mystery chunk sits on a slight angle in the pop culture quest video

This picture not only confirms the chunk to be on a angle. BUT more importantly it also confirms Dan and Roy have the mystery chunk in the exact same location!!

Bravo to those guys I tell ya, hell of a set of skills they got

I was aging the KR v2 mystery chunk (annoyingly not knurled) but it looks nice and shiny in that pic so will take it back a tad.

I was aging the KR v2 mystery chunk (annoyingly not knurled) but it looks nice and shiny in that pic so will take it back a tad.

I don’t believe the real one is shiny, looks brown and aged to me

16640BEC-932C-4542-8F9D-C23A62421D2C.jpeg

2FDCDB98-01B4-4E11-9986-4B98D9D6E9A0.png

3DB6267D-6028-4C95-B1FB-402A09C5D696.jpeg

As for the knurling no one has matched it yet, I personally don’t mind the flat top on the KR chunk

But right now I’m fooling around with 3d modeling it (being tutored by TrooperTrent) and working on my own personal chunk

I’ll release the file once it’s done

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back