An RPF Open Source 5 ft Millennium Falcon Build/Reference Thread. All Are Welcome

New tech meets old tech.

I'm 3d printing a jig that I made on the computer that follows the curvature of the Falcon's sidewall. I can then attach this to my wood and use it as a guide with my router. This should save a bunch of time.

Once I check that everything lines up, I'll post the file on my drive for others.
1672943665242.png

These two little circles are the last I need for the engine deck to be complete. We know based on the info from Bandai that they were chrome. Any hints?
Thanks,
John
1673629685293.png

No luck on the round parts jet…

What got me just now is the addons to the Hummel ‚fins‘! I never noticed before. I figured maybe Airfix 1/24 Hurricane, part #20 but no clue on the rest, thinking tank threads maybe? Anybody got a clue or link to some info?
(Edited Jan 16th)

Attachments

• Hummel-addons2.png
    Hummel-addons2.png
    844.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Hummel-addon-hurricane.png
    Hummel-addon-hurricane.png
    63.5 KB · Views: 42
  • Hummel-addons1.png
    Hummel-addons1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 36
Last edited:

What got me just now is the addons to the Stug ‚fins‘! I never noticed before. I figured maybe Airfix 1/24 Hurricane, part #20 but no clue on the rest, thinking tank threads maybe? Anybody got a clue or link to some info?
Good catch. I'll take a look.

I added the Tamiya M3 scan to everything.

What got me just now is the addons to the Stug ‚fins‘! I never noticed before. I figured maybe Airfix 1/24 Hurricane, part #20 but no clue on the rest, thinking tank threads maybe? Anybody got a clue or link to some info?
The fins get the following additions:

Right Side gets these added greeblies: Tamiya 1/35 Ausf. M/N #A43 + Airfix 1/24 Hawker Hurricane machine gun, modified (#129/132/134/136/154/157/159/161)

Left Side gets these added greeblies: Tamiya 1/35 Ausf. M/N #A42 + Airfix 1/24 Hawker Hurricane #20 – sanded down on back side

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back