An RPF Open Source 5 ft Millennium Falcon Build/Reference Thread. All Are Welcome

So before I cut these, I have a question. I know the mandible pits very in size, but are the holes in the mandibles themselves the same or are they also different?

Thanks,
John

So my first question would be is to ask the diameter of your 'core' disc?.
But, I see you are way too long on your mandible length.
Have you done kit part layout on the mandible sidewalls to ascertain a ball park measure?.

So my first question would be is to ask the diameter of your 'core' disc?.
But, I see you are way too long on your mandible length.
Have you done kit part layout on the mandible sidewalls to ascertain a ball park measure?.
46” disc. I went with the following. Forgive my awful American measurements. :) Haven’t don’t the layout yet. Still need lots of pieces.
4BC53717-5851-4734-BC70-837EB8FFFAA9.jpeg

Your disc core measure is fine, that has to be maximum diameter though, accounting for sidewall thickness.
It's your mandible length then that's the issue.
I just saw your post back there where you had around 7" from mandible/sidewall end to docking ring sidewall edge. That's too short, like 2" at least.

Your disc core measure is fine, that has to be maximum diameter though, accounting for sidewall thickness.
It's your mandible length then that's the issue.
I just saw your post back there where you had around 7" from mandible/sidewall end to docking ring sidewall edge. That's too short, like 2" at least.
Thanks Stu. I’m guessing that as long as the short side and angles are correct. (I do have the pieces to check those) the longer side can be adjusted on the fly.

It's really just a matter of tweaking for everything to gel.
With kit part layout on key areas like the mandible sidewalls, you can transfer your findings to a card template & use this as a 'wrap' to find out how accurate or far off you are from mandible tip to docking ring sidewall end!.. I'm so old school...but it works.

It's really just a matter of tweaking for everything to gel.
With kit part layout on key areas like the mandible sidewalls, you can transfer your findings to a card template & use this as a 'wrap' to find out how accurate or far off you are from mandible tip to docking ring sidewall end!.. I'm so old school...but it works.
If I cut the long side where it meets the curve of the main core disc I have about 11” of sidewall as opposed to the seven before. The Chevy chassis and Pontoon bridge part seem to line up right if indeed the whole length of the
Pontoon piece is used.

Here's a pic John of my portside mandible sidewall, albeit upside down right now.
This shows key 9" & 10" markers taken from the docking ring sidewall edge.
This should give you an idea of distance & the wankel engine half position.

Jcoffman99,
Great idea with the side wall jig, my build had some minor “sine wave” action from edge centerline.
Make sure you check wall height using the appropriate kit part regardless of location. Disc edge is critical for FALGAL waist when skin & armor thickness add up top & bottom. Same for Sheridan at the jaw box mouth and both inboard and outboard mandible walls and even the engine flaps. I found nothing is the same and extra care was needed. A little extra as-built tolerance helps.

I need to add the bottom landing gear plateau to the list of vertical wall height cautions previously mentioned. At the correct elevation, this horizontal plane blends into the disc curvature just before the lower turret to disc joint.
Note the Centurion hull fits on the diagonal wall slope. It acts as a good bench mark, but leave some elevation for the greeblies that ride on top of it. Have fun.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back