American Chopper: Senior vs. Junior

Wow, after a little "Googling" OCC and hearing about INDY's bike, I think my opinion of these guys have changed.

I must have found a dozen articles about poor quality and another 4-5 articles about people suing them.

I gotta say, the theme bikes are getting lamer by the episode. The last episode... A "Window" bike? WTF? Basically a blue bike with little window frame rear view mirrors. It couldn't have been gayer.

I can just see Sr.'s embarrassment when he sits down with these guys, thinking... "man, I really sold my soul for a fat TLC paycheck".

2008 Orange County Choppers The OCC Greenie Motorcycles - Greenie Shmeenie

something you might want to look at.

Also google "leno sues occ"

I think they're so pressured for time with the show that they've stopped caring about quality and half these bikes i swear TLC sets up for them just to mess with them. I figured Sr wouldn't show up at the wedding, doesn't sound like he's been much of a dad when the kids were little so why start now? I love on TLC the current shows Sr being all gloomy and missing Jr and by the looks of things Mike and Jr aren't buying it. Heck Mike seems like the most normal member of that family lol.

The V-Force shops looks to be all about the customs (HUGE $$$) for them as well without the Tuetul/TV drama.

Get it while you can I guess.

I have been wanting an Exile Cycle for years now. less flash more about the ride
I concur. From what I've seen on the "build off" shows, Russell Mitchell seems to share the late Indian Larry's opinion that a bike should look and operate like a bike--function over fashion every time.

The show was about building bikes originally and then turned into one
of the longest running reality shows on television.

IF you bought an OCC bike then I feel for you. Doing a bit of homework
would show you that there are most likely people in your area that can
put a bike together for you with parts of your choosing. the paint job
could also be sent out by you also saving big bucks. I built a bike myself
years ago and went through the entire process. Of course this was long
before the CC riders (credit card riders) started prancing and preening around.

You got a rigid chopper frame and a copy of an Evolution engine
that should run between 5k and 8k. Rigid chopper frames are found
for under $2k and the transmission isn't very expensive. When you
get into hidden suspension or regular rear suspension systems then you
get into more costly frames. A good front fork can be purchased for
under $2K. It all depends on what you are looking for but no bike
should run over 15K maxed out (not counting labor). A rigid frame
will vibrate your backbone to death and have everything on the bike
coming loose. The fat tire in the rear is your only suspension.

It's a reality show and you get what you pay for. The show had
key "characters" and three of them are no longer part of the
original shop and senior is pumping out bikes for everyone and
anyone. It's not about building bikes to ride and hasn't been for
years. It's about companies signing up to have a show bike
made so that they can get their name all over televison as
advertising. Nobody is out riding these bikes and the price they
pay is for the advertising and bragging rights. They sit in company
lobbies or get auctioned off and sit in peoples dens like... PROPS.

I will ad a spoiler in the middle of this post so zip over it if
you don't want to know what is coming down the pipe.

Spoiler warning

SPOILER BELOW !

The plan,

.Vinnie is back and Paul Jr. is making a bike for a motorcycle supply
company called Bikers Choice. The new Paul Jr. Design bike is unveiled
at Sturgis and the back and forth between the father and son continues.

The video

YouTube - Tucker Rocky Press Conference

Last edited:
If you really want a custom bike do what the original makers did and build it in your garage. I'd love to try but I haven't got the tools nor the temperment that and my ideas are always way past what I can make. If i was vinnie i'd distance myself from that show and have a nice small shop. We have 2 shops here, one is in an old warehouse and one i think used to be a bar in the rundown part of town (well more run down than the town lol) and they both have nice bikes but you can tell that one charges big boy prices and the other charges down to earth prices.

One thing though is OCC had and has a manufacturing license. That is huge when it comes to getting the bike registered and insured legally.

Alot of these Bike Builders don't have a manfuacturer license so getting them properly registered is a nightmare.

If you are to build your own bike from the gound up it's can be tough or even tougher to get the bike registered or insured. It all depends on the state that you live in

True. PA is tough on this stuff. In ohio to classify as a motor vehicle it seems like you just need 2 wheels and a seat lol (or at least half the cars coming in from Youngstown look that way).

One thing though is OCC had and has a manufacturing license. That is huge when it comes to getting the bike registered and insured legally.

Alot of these Bike Builders don't have a manfuacturer license so getting them properly registered is a nightmare.

If you are to build your own bike from the gound up it's can be tough or even tougher to get the bike registered or insured. It all depends on the state that you live in

Best reason to start with a beater. You already have a registration.

Best reason to start with a beater. You already have a registration.

Your statement is true, but it all depends on the states laws.

A while back people were make changes to their bike and them claim they made it into a chopper.

Just putting "ape hangers" on harley does not make it a chopper. Yes it looks cool, but it's really not a chopper.

If you are going to buy a new frame and then build off of that. That is not legal in all states. Because many states run vin # checks on the registration.

Just putting "ape hangers" on harley does not make it a chopper. Yes it looks cool, but it's really not a chopper.
Aren't there Ape Hangers on the bike behind the T-Rex?

Good info on the T-Rex. That was the ONLY OCC chopper that made me go "Ooooo!"

Yes, I put ape hangers on my Road King. Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking down about ape hangers. I personally love them and have them on two of my motorcycles.

I was just stating that a few years ago, a person would take a harley, put a nice pant job on it and a set of ape hangers and call it a chopper.

People have different ideas of what a chopper is.

I refer to the definition of a chopper to be like it was back in the 60's A chopper has a modified frame, a long rake, small/cut fenders and just the bare esstials.

I think the fancy air ride suspesion they have now a days, is cool but it's almost pushing it to the 60's defintion of a chopper

Just giving you a bit of guff. I agree about the chopper moniker. If there is nothing chopped and the frame isn't even a little raked beyond factory, what you have is a "prettified" stock bike.

Just giving you a bit of guff. I agree about the chopper moniker. If there is nothing chopped and the frame isn't even a little raked beyond factory, what you have is a "prettified" stock bike.

The ironic thing about me particpating in this thread for me, is that I really have lost my desire to ride.

I lived and breathed motorcyles at one time.

Now, I have been contemplating for months whether to sell my 3 bikes to fund the build of R2 unit.

I will defitnely get much less than I paid for these bikes. Even Harley's are not holding there resale value any more.

Now that I have a wife, child and a house.

I would rather spend time with them than ride.

I also would rather troop and work on costumes and props than ride now!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back