American Chopper: Senior vs. Junior

I think Rick's still with OCC?

I don't know who Mike A. is... he came after I started watching. If he was on the new episode, I didn't know who he is.

Agreed, Nub is a very talented character and I enjoyed his bits and his work a lot. Not to take anything away from him at all I hope he's working on Jr's bikes.

I could have sworn I heard he went off and started his own shop, but now I'm not seeing anything. Maybe I was imagining things.

Mike A. primarily works on building frames for OCC but also helps out in a crunch on other things. He's one of the guys they hired so they wouldn't have to go to outside vendors for quite so much. Seems like he does good work, and he's pretty fun to watch sometimes.

If anything I'd like Nubby to be working on Senior's bikes, just because out of him and Jr., it seems Senior has a better handle on what makes a bike look good as a bike rather than just a piece of art with nice flowy lines.

I'm seeing a lot of people on here supporting Junior, which is weird to me because I'm just at the point of the show where I can't tell what actual work he does anymore. Jason Pohl designs the bikes and Junior has all the other guys build it while he's off doing openings and interviews. I swear I can't count how many times I've heard "What's Paulie gonna think?" "Dunno, find out when he gets here..." Just as all this is happening, Senior decides to take the Size Twelves off the table and start building bikes again instead of napping all day and despite being pretty rusty, he's building some really cool stuff. And now that he's stopped throwing hissy fits about coffee cups I can actually stand to watch more than ten seconds of footage of him. At the beginning of the show I could see why everyone hated Senior, but over the course of watching it I totally switched sides.

Hopefully it's just because it's the opening episode of the series that they just showed pretty much nothing but the family fighting.
I like watching the bikes come together but it was almost like the bike was just an afterthought in this episode and they just chucked a few token build scenes in the rest was just fighting.

Although the part where Jr said he'd buy Snr's 80% of the company from him was quite funny when Snr kept insisting the company was worth nothing :lol

If anything I'd like Nubby to be working on Senior's bikes, just because out of him and Jr., it seems Senior has a better handle on what makes a bike look good as a bike rather than just a piece of art with nice flowy lines.
I agree. Nubby is extremely talented and, for the most part, I prefer Paul Sr.'s designs.

I'm seeing a lot of people on here supporting Junior, which is weird to me because I'm just at the point of the show where I can't tell what actual work he does anymore. Jason Pohl designs the bikes and Junior has all the other guys build it while he's off doing openings and interviews. I swear I can't count how many times I've heard "What's Paulie gonna think?" "Dunno, find out when he gets here..." Just as all this is happening, Senior decides to take the Size Twelves off the table and start building bikes again instead of napping all day and despite being pretty rusty, he's building some really cool stuff. And now that he's stopped throwing hissy fits about coffee cups I can actually stand to watch more than ten seconds of footage of him. At the beginning of the show I could see why everyone hated Senior, but over the course of watching it I totally switched sides.
Again, I agree. Paul Sr.'s tirades got out of control too often, but I could understand why he was so frustrated with Paul Jr.'s near complete lack of a work ethic, especially when the shop expanded and Jr. became a partner. And I think Paul Jr. has been reading too much of his own publicity and taking the fan accolades too seriously, and it's gone to his head; if it weren't for the show, I doubt anyone outside of the biker community in New York would even know who he is.

As for Vinnie and Rick, I don't think either of them will ever have to worry about having a job in the bike building/repairing/maintenance business. And Jason Pohl...well, he's a twit of the highest caliber.

I just saw them unvail this on an AC rerun. :lol

occ%20space%20Shuttle%20Tribute%20Bike.jpg

Have they made a shark bike to jump over? :lol

I own an OCC bike. I had built just before and during there 1st 2 hour special of the jet bike. I had 3 different welds on the frame break.

They seemed very nice before they got famous. After the show took off, which was when I had problems with the bike, I could not get ahold of them.

I had the decision to either take legal action or pay to have the bike fixed myself.

I took it to a custom bike shop near me.

I had it rebuilt again from the frame up by this local bike shop.

$15,000.00 in repair and upgrade bills to make it so it was rideable.

I haven't watched the show in a long time.

i dont think the bikes were made for heavy use. Most time there on display racks or in showrooms.

And how exactly do you support that statement?

Do you really think they would open themselves up to that kind of liablity.

If you're going to rag on people show us some reasons you make those comments.

Do you have any pics of your bike? I'd love to see one their non-made for TV builds. Also, if you don't mind telling, what did you pay for it?

I own an OCC bike. I had built just before and during there 1st 2 hour special of the jet bike. I had 3 different welds on the frame break.

They seemed very nice before they got famous. After the show took off, which was when I had problems with the bike, I could not get ahold of them.

I had the decision to either take legal action or pay to have the bike fixed myself.

I took it to a custom bike shop near me.

I had it rebuilt again from the frame up by this local bike shop.

$15,000.00 in repair and upgrade bills to make it so it was rideable.

I haven't watched the show in a long time.

i dont think the bikes were made for heavy use. Most time there on display racks or in showrooms.

I think you may be confused with a Theme Bike. I agree with you that Theme bikes are not really made for use often.

The bike that Paul Jr built for me was suppose to be ridden often. They had a manufacturing license.

My bike is called a T-Rex

I paid $35,000.00

I haven't ridden it or any of my other bikes in over a year. I became a Dad over a year ago, so work, family and working on costumes takes up the most of my time now. I'll go out to my garage and take a pic. It has some dust on it.

This is how the bike looks after I had repaired.
It's very dusty, I have to wash it.
The bike was originally painted lime gold and black flames. I had the bike repainted a different color because it had to be repainted any ways because the frame had to be re-welded.

I see if I can find some old pics of how it use to look.

Pretty much. True Choppers are bare bones.

The motor on this bike is excellent though and it costs $10,000.00 just for that.

It's a TP Total performance engine. 124 cubic inch.

The bike desperatley needs to be cleaned.

FWIW, just read that Junior got married this past weekend... Sr. was a no show.

I watched the first episode of the new series, forgot to DVR the second, and it's not on OnDemand, so not sure if I'll bother with any of the rest.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back