American Chopper: Senior vs. Junior

I will check it out. Senior never gave junior credit.... he always said he was the one responsible for the rides, yet junior was the one building most of them. So it should get interesting!!

Senior never gave anyone any credit. I also think they tend to ramp up the drama half the time to make better TV. To be honest Mike is the only member of that family who seems to be all there.

I miss Vinny. Rick and Vinny are the ones who do (did) all the work.

You can get rid of all the tuetuls (sp?) for all I care.

I'd say they long overstayed their welcome but its such a cash cow for TLC/Discovery that you dont bite the hands that feed ya. Those dudes rake it in everywhere they go from their diehard fans.

Its a little long in the tooth for me.

I miss Vinny. Rick and Vinny are the ones who do (did) all the work.

You can get rid of all the tuetuls (sp?) for all I care.
Vinnie and Rick were the backbone of the custom bike builds, but the Teutels are the freak show most fans tune in for. There have been several shows that featured builders who simply got down to the business of building bikes (or cars for that matter) without all the nonsense, and those shows didn't last nearly as long as American Chopper; most viewers want the outrageous antics. It's the same reason all of these so-called "reality" shows are doing so well--the "average Joe" wants to see "real" people who are more screwed up than they are.

Also, despite the fan reaction you see on the show, O.C.C. and the custom bikes featured on the show are considered to be a joke among the serious biker community, even taking into consideration the fact that O.C.C.'s custom bikes were never intended to be "daily drivers".

I've watched American Chopper (and American Hot Rod, and Overhaulin') all these years because I'm fascinated by the process of building/rebuilding these bikes and cars, so I'll probably be watching Senior vs. Junior as well. Since they won't be working together, maybe it'll be more tolerable.

The company that owns TLC, history, science, and discovery need to move all this BS reality stuff to one channel. TLC's really gone to crap. OCC only seems to build bikes for huge corporations that want something flashy cheap. American Hotrod showed the world what a jerk Cottington was, same with the shows Jesse James was on. the sad thing is most people would still buy stuff from these guys after seeing how they act and treat employees. I occassionally watch the other build shows they have on since there is no drama on it.

I hated the original series because I thought both Senior and Junior were idiots, talented idiots, but idiots non the less. It seemed as if the whole premise of the show was for Senior to act like a muscle bound jerk and Junior to just act like a jerk and I don't see the new series doing anything different.

I've watched American Chopper (and American Hot Rod, and Overhaulin') all these years because I'm fascinated by the process of building/rebuilding these bikes and cars, so I'll probably be watching Senior vs. Junior as well. Since they won't be working together, maybe it'll be more tolerable.

If those shows ever spent any time showing construction technique, they would have been worth watching. The PowerBlock shows on a SPIKE(Sunday morning) are far better at that, even when they play out like an Edelbrock ad.

Vinnie and Rick were the backbone of the custom bike builds, but the Teutels are the freak show most fans tune in for. There have been several shows that featured builders who simply got down to the business of building bikes (or cars for that matter) without all the nonsense, and those shows didn't last nearly as long as American Chopper; most viewers want the outrageous antics. It's the same reason all of these so-called "reality" shows are doing so well--the "average Joe" wants to see "real" people who are more screwed up than they are.

Also, despite the fan reaction you see on the show, O.C.C. and the custom bikes featured on the show are considered to be a joke among the serious biker community, even taking into consideration the fact that O.C.C.'s custom bikes were never intended to be "daily drivers".

I remember seeing them in Myrtle Beach bike week and they where overrun by fans and others . They made their money in the business selling to non-bike community members .
All those show are like that . Foosh and all the others build incredible cars/bikes that will never be daily drivers. I like watching the " trucks" or something like that with the Mullet guy that builds the cars/trucks..

I used to be a die-hard fan. My wife and I even stopped by their shop in Rock Tavern, NY on our road trip back from Massachusetts. (Their old shop, early in the life of the show).

But I agree with some. I think the show has run its course, IMO. I didn't even know it was still on either.

Just so I have this straight, it's a "new" show, with Jr and Sr having different shops?

Get the shark in the pool and find Fonzie.

I used to be a die-hard fan. My wife and I even stopped by their shop in Rock Tavern, NY on our road trip back from Massachusetts. (Their old shop, early in the life of the show).

But I agree with some. I think the show has run its course, IMO. I didn't even know it was still on either.

Just so I have this straight, it's a "new" show, with Jr and Sr having different shops?

Get the shark in the pool and find Fonzie.
Arthur has already sailed over the pool and was giving his thumbs up when this idea was conceived.

What was the other chopper show with the hillbilly guys? The one owner had huge ape hangers on his chopper.

The company that owns TLC, history, science, and discovery need to move all this BS reality stuff to one channel. TLC's really gone to crap. OCC only seems to build bikes for huge corporations that want something flashy cheap. American Hotrod showed the world what a jerk Cottington was, same with the shows Jesse James was on. the sad thing is most people would still buy stuff from these guys after seeing how they act and treat employees. I occassionally watch the other build shows they have on since there is no drama on it.

I only saw AM hot rod a few times, and when I heard of Cottington's death, the first thing that ran through my mind was that he' finally popped a vessal and gave himself an anuerism. He was on the verge at all times.

I liked Monster Garage. It seemed like they had more fun on that show, and I liked the crazy builds. Poor Jesse, suffers from "Tiger" syndrome!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back