Amazon's Lord of the Rings (tv series)

So is that supposed to be Sauron along to Middle-Earth? I seem to recall him sneaking in as ‘Amandor’…

If not Sauron, then I’m at a loss for what that is supposed to be?

So is that supposed to be Sauron along to Middle-Earth? I seem to recall him sneaking in as ‘Amandor’…

If not Sauron, then I’m at a loss for what that is supposed to be?

Some made up character there calling "Meteor man". So take that as you will. Sauron isn't even supposed to show up till season 2, if the show even makes it that far.

Some made up character there calling "Meteor man". So take that as you will. Sauron isn't even supposed to show up till season 2, if the show even makes it that far.
Weird. I don’t see much of a through line for the story without Sauron.

Also, just to correct myself, I think the name Sauron goes by is Annatar, not Amandor.

Weird. I don’t see much of a through line for the story without Sauron.

Also, just to correct myself, I think the name Sauron goes by is Annatar, not Amandor.
Considering that this series has a ton of non-cannon made up characters, I'm sure most of season 1 will be about them and setting up the story leading to Annatar's arrival. Amazon doesn't have the rights to the Silmarillion, only the LOTR and are basing this entire series on the appendices in the back of ROTK.

At this point, I have more hope and interest in the D+ Willow series. This just seems like it’s missing the mark on LOTR. I could be wrong. But Amazon also made the Wheel of Time series, which looked cheaply produced and had no one talking about it before it faded back into oblivion, so it seems to me that the same thing might happen here.

Didn't know Balrogs were around in the Second Age. I thought the last one - Durin's Bane - only made an appearance in the battle against Gandalf.

Didn't know Balrogs were around in the Second Age. I thought the last one - Durin's Bane - only made an appearance in the battle against Gandalf.
Balrogs were around since the first age. Controlled by Morgoth. It makes sense some would have survived, and specifically Durin’s Bane. I’ll wager they plan on explaining that monicker in the show.

Balrogs were around since the first age. Controlled by Morgoth. It makes sense some would have survived, and specifically Durin’s Bane. I’ll wager they plan on explaining that monicker in the show.
Oh I know they were servants of Morgoth. What I was trying to point out was that there were no records in any of Tolkien's writings that Balrogs survived into the Second Age, aside from Durin's Bane that is, and even then he lied dormant until the Third Age.

Oh I know they were servants of Morgoth. What I was trying to point out was that there were no records in any of Tolkien's writings that Balrogs survived into the Second Age, aside from Durin's Bane that is, and even then he lied dormant until the Third Age.
As far as I remember Durin’s Bane is the reason the dwarves abandoned Moria in the first place. At least, I think that’s what I remember from a timeline somewhere. I could be very wrong though haha

I'm hoping it's a flashback to the First Age. I imagine this show will have lengthy prologue.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back