Amazon's Lord of the Rings (tv series)

My favorite commentary thus far...

27737263467724.jpg

Those youtube comments :love:. Russia has spoken! haha

I wondered what you meant so I checked the comments. What in the name of Mandos?!? There's literally thousands of the same comment over and over in Russian. Never doubt the existence of Russian bot nets.

The Timeless void looks to be the eastern european Russian Botnets, and Melkor's return looks to be in internet form. The Door of Night needs a security upgrade.

I wondered what you meant so I checked the comments. What in the name of Mandos?!? There's literally thousands of the same comment over and over in Russian. Never doubt the existence of Russian bot nets.

The Timeless void looks to be the eastern european Russian Botnets, and Melkor's return looks to be in internet form. The Door of Night needs a security upgrade.
It might be the "evil can only destroy" quote.

Yeah...I had high hopes that the series would, somewhat, respects Tolkien's World. Alas, seems to be another woke exercise to please the current zeitgeist:rolleyes: The production even hired an "Intimacy consultant" for, yes, intimate sexual scenes that never figured in the Tolkien world:(

Yeah...I had high hopes that the series would, somewhat, respects Tolkien's World. Alas, seems to be another woke exercise to please the current zeitgeist:rolleyes: The production even hired an "Intimacy consultant" for, yes, intimate sexual scenes that never figured in the Tolkien world:(
Please tell me you’re kidding

No need to panic just yet, Intimacy consultants are also needed for torture scenes.

It's amazing how close the film adaptations of Tolkien's work mirror the successes, overall reception, and subsequent downfall of Star Wars. I forsee all the same arguments and defenses being thrown around and that Fandom will be divided too.

It's amazing how close the film adaptations of Tolkien's work mirror the successes, overall reception, and subsequent downfall of Star Wars. I forsee all the same arguments and defenses being thrown around and that Fandom will be divided too.
Wow, you're right. I never thought about it until now.
Just like George proved he didn't understand Star Wars when he made the prequels, Peter proved he didn't understand The Hobbit when he made that dumpster fire.

See below, I posted this in the All Things Tolkien chat and forgot to post it here:

1982A628-DF62-47E9-86A2-93EE5A9D21F1.jpeg

If the show runners are hellbent on changing the source material enough then I think fan objection is warranted. If they wanted to make such drastic changes then it begs the question as to why they couldn't come up with a totally original fantasy script?

It's funny that no one ever accepts blame or responsibility for projects with their name attached when they fail or are sub par but are all about it when they succeed. Part of being a good director/producer/writer is working within the system, advocating for yourself and your vision to still produce good content.

It's funny that no one ever accepts blame or responsibility for projects with their name attached when they fail or are sub par but are all about it when they succeed. Part of being a good director/producer/writer is working within the system, advocating for yourself and your vision to still produce good content.
Fight as you might it is still possible to get run over by the studio. I think it’s hard to lay blame on any single person for a film’s success or failure in this day and age.

Yep. Amazon is gonna spend the most money ever on a TV series to appeal to only one, obviously frail, fan base... :rolleyes:
They will use that fan base for marketing, and then they will still make money hand over fist because they will get all the fantasy audience who don’t care about the lore to stick around. The fandom is not their primary audience, they care about total numbers, not the sincerity of the numbers

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back