Alleged Screen Used Hero TOS Phaser up for auction (now the aftermath)

I like cheese.

Here is a thought, why not start the annual RPF awards? We could have topics and different awards going to categories. For instance, this could win for the most derailed a thread of 2021! Etc.

I am gonna hafta call you out on this.

Mice, rats...since when have they EVER liked cheese?

Hopefully, zombie boy liking turtulzz doesnt rear his makeuped head

1F248FC4-FD31-4BBC-B0CD-F90BECFD8570.jpeg

And here we are....with a NEW chapter in the ongoing HA Saga.

HA is selling ANOTHER Star Trek Phaser, this time a phaser rifle. The page isn't up yet, but is projected for the November auction.

The ad makes it sound like the genuine KNOWN piece. So, why am I still suspicious? This one may be genuine, though. A nice piece certainly!!!!

Attachments

• ST  Phaser Rifle-.jpg
    ST Phaser Rifle-.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 153
I do know the original rifle was not part of the production’s prop stores, it was used once for the pilot and then returned to the designer. In 2013 it sold for about a quarter mill through Juliens auctions. And that’s all I know.

Unless this is that same prop which sold in 2013, then it’s surely another fake. Has there ever been even a hint that more than one rifle was built? Not that I know of. Looking forward to the usual stories about until-now-unseen backup props and prototypes and whatnot which have suddenly come out of the woodwork.

And here we are....with a NEW chapter in the ongoing HA Saga.

HA is selling ANOTHER Star Trek Phaser, this time a phaser rifle. The page isn't up yet, but is projected for the November auction.

The ad makes it sound like the genuine KNOWN piece. So, why am I still suspicious? This one may be genuine, though. A nice piece certainly!!!!

I suspect that this may be the genuine article that was previously sold to “an American collector with one of the biggest… collections in the world”…

Kirk’s Phaser Rifle Sells For $231K At Auction

Last edited:
From the photos that I’ve seen (circa 2013), it really is a beautifully made prop.

From the press surrounding the original auction (trek movie.com):

“The phaser rifle was created for Gene Roddenberry by toy designer Reuben Klamer.”

“Only one phaser rifle prop was ever made and it was only used in one episode.”

IIRC, there are some cool videos about it on YouTube. I’m pretty sure this is the prop HA plans to sell. IMO, anything else would be to obviously fake… even for them.

From the photos that I’ve seen (circa 2013), it really is a beautifully made prop.

From the press surrounding the original auction (trek movie.com):

“The phaser rifle was created for Gene Roddenberry by toy designer Reuben Klamer.”

“Only one phaser rifle prop was ever made and it was only used in one episode.”

IIRC, there are some cool videos about it on YouTube. I’m pretty sure this is the prop HA plans to sell. IMO, anything else would be to obviously fake… even for them.

The phasers were also beautifully made. Which is why all of these sloppy fakes should be viewed with harsh skepticism. If photos of this latest auction rifle pop up and show gloopy paint and yellow glue everywhere, be wary.

The phasers were also beautifully made. Which is why all of these sloppy fakes should be viewed with harsh skepticism. If photos of this latest auction rifle pop up and show gloopy paint and yellow glue everywhere, be wary.
That’s a good point. The show really did have fantastic props. IMO, the rifle didn’t quite fit the design aesthetic that evolved after the pilots, but it’s beautifully made. The last reasonably well vetted images of the rifle that were released show it in nice condition. No odd paint blobs…

I see what's going on. If you can say that a mere HAND PHASER got such a high price, then that would justify a larger, full rifle getting much greater money than the hand phaser. This was planned.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back