Alleged Screen Used Hero TOS Phaser up for auction (now the aftermath)

So from that video I gather that some of us think Jimmy of HA was both the owner and buyer ("sold" to inflate the market). And now he'll stash this away for a few years and then either sell it for a crazy amount or shill it again to inflate the price of other yet-to-surface props, as is his SOP with comics and now video games. Not to mention his coin scam in the 80s, of course.

Or perhaps the buyer was one of many company colluders in on it.

Which is all to say more about business practices than the authenticity of the prop, but I feel like we've covered that pretty well.

I will also say that the video really changed my mind about "graded" collectibles. Especially the coin crash part. The graded item is only worth the trust you and others place in the grader rather than the item itself, which is terrifying when you think about it.

The graded item is only worth the trust you and others place in the grader rather than the item itself, which is terrifying when you think about it.
Even if the item is graded accurately, it's getting harder and harder to trust the sale prices that are being achieved. Are the real sales to interested buyers? Or are they in house purchases to "invigorate" the market?

Keep in mind that the grading companies and auction aren't necessarily relying on the single high priced sales to make their profit. I'm sure they are looking at the market as a whole, and the sky high prices realized are more to convince people to invest in the marketplace.

I can see being tempted to keep artificially "pumping" up the prices, and making your quarterly goals, by manipulating the market. In the stock market, that can be quite illegal... in the collectibles market, I'm not sure where it falls.

Fake. But a good fake.

Details do not match the known (non-Greg Jein) heroes. Velcro on the wrong side of the P1, no hint of a P1 jewel, some body details/shapes (trigger box, P1 cradle ribs, P1 rear taper, etc.) don’t match the Jein, when they should be identical, since the heroes and midgrades all appear to have come from the same molds.

The paint and aging also look a little too sloppy and distressed, especially when compared to the Jein.
Wrong. The velcro is on the correct side.

Wrong. The velcro is on the correct side.

Perhaps you should continue reading the thread beyond the first few pages—from months ago—before offering “corrections”. I had a momentary lapse in memory, and had forgotten that the Jein appears to have been the only hero with Velcro, and which side it was on, which someone else here already pointed out. Months ago.

Last edited:
The folks who believe this thing is real aren't phased by the evidence.

Four legit berries, I smell a rotten berry.
We certainly can’t smel a Roddenberry…

It’s like the phaser that showed up on Pawn Stars with the big red momentary bypass switch for the trigger.

The ‘expert’ said that everything about said it was the real deal, but since no providence could be provided, he couldn’t actually say it was real.

We certainly can’t smel a Roddenberry…

It’s like the phaser that showed up on Pawn Stars with the big red momentary bypass switch for the trigger.

The ‘expert’ said that everything about said it was the real deal, but since no providence could be provided, he couldn’t actually say it was real.
Totally fake scene, and the "expert" was the toy shop guy.

"How do I fire this thing? Oh, just aim and press the BIG RED BUTTON, he says. Duh!" - Willem Shafter.

Screen Used in the episode where Spock sues the Federation for the replicator not adding a "CAUTION: CONTENTS HOT" to his tea.

Dang they were ahead of their time!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210911-110622_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20210911-110622_YouTube.jpg
    666.2 KB · Views: 116
As good as it is, my highly trained eye has detected a couple of inaccuracies. The side, turn wheel is on the wrong side of the phaser, and the silver 'mid plate' line is a bit too high on the P1. Other than that, it's pretty spot on!

These details that you point out reflect the way the phaser looked during the production of the series—at that time!!!!!!!

Clearly it has since been repaired, thus resulting in slight alterations of the details you point out!!

A crack team of experts has already examined this priceless artifact and CONFIRMED it to be the 6th Phaser—thus for thus be thus!!!!

We even have a rare picture of the Paramount Prop Department as they assembled the piece!

61D7FBDE-91DE-46ED-9E3F-2796092BD99E.jpeg

Last edited:
These details that you point out reflect the way the phaser looked during the production of the series—at that time!!!!!!!

Clearly it has since been repaired, thus resulting in slight alterations of the details you point out!!

A crack team of experts has already examined this priceless artifact and CONFIRMED it to be the 6th Phaser—thus for thus be thus!!!!

We even have a rare picture of the Paramount Prop Department as they assembled the piece!

View attachment 1493850
I had not considered that. I’ll keep my stupid observations to myself, lest I look dumb again.

The burrowing rodent who exposes himself speaks the truth!

I invoke the Chewbacca Defense.

Alley's confabulations do Not MaKe SENSE!!!

Oh, and I just happen to come across a ninth hero phaser if anyone has half a mil burnin a hole in their pocket.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back