Alleged Screen Used Hero TOS Phaser up for auction (now the aftermath)

Absolutely agreed.

No one on this Board should feel compelled to submit a portfolio of their wares in order to have an opinion on the topic of any thread. That is simply gatekeeping, very poor form, and frankly goes against the spirit of this community.

If there is a “higher board of opinion”, other than the RPF, that suscribes to those types of qualifications, I humbly suggest that suscribers to such a board take their conversation there.

I’ll accept any opinion, on any topic, so long as it’s qualified by pointing to the evidence.

Last edited:
Absolutely agreed.

No one on this Board should feel compelled to submit a portfolio of their wares in order to have an opinion on the topic of this thread. That is simply gatekeeping, very poor form, and frankly goes against the spirit of this community.
Yeah, that's like saying only filmmakers can opine on movies. It's simply a way for the insecure to muzzle criticism.

I got my first Badger model 200 in 1968. For the last 20 years, I use Iwata's.

Anything I build up is either a kit, preferably a Roddenberry kit or something I drew in Fusion and printed so, I can't show you a master I don't have, a mold I never made or any unused castings. I can show you this though...it's the 3D equivalent and I do all of my own circuits. I can take full credit for those. Show me your work with circuits and electronics! lol View attachment 1466935

How about this: .016" two sided photo-etched half-hard phoshor-bronze. Are you still laughing?

So what you are saying that you do with regarding shaping anything, without an already provided surface, you generate your own by use of NURBS. Is that correct?
0613211957_0001.jpg

Yes, very nice. A lot of hours to be sure. What is your source for the contours? May I ask why you didn't locate the split on the centerline?

Anything I build up is either a kit, preferably a Roddenberry kit or something I drew in Fusion and printed so, I can't show you a master I don't have, a mold I never made or any unused castings. I can show you this though...it's the 3D equivalent and I do all of my own circuits. I can take full credit for those. Show me your work with circuits and electronics! lol View attachment 1466935

View attachment 1466995

...and don't call me son.
And why not? You do act very ...uh, young as indicated by the above image.

Yes, very nice. A lot of hours to be sure. What is your source for the contours? May I ask why you didn't locate the split on the centerline?
Thank you. My sources were the countless exam photos of Greg's hero, screen caps, and a set of measurements taken from Greg's. And as I'm sure you are aware, Greg's has an off center part line as does every hero seen up close on screen.

Thanks for being candid James. So far you are the only one.... which says a lot about those "others" here.

And I'd appreciate your relating to the majority on here of why so many of the people in question refrain from offering the requested information and their take on such things. I have tried, but have only been attacked and it isn't for my "delivery". The treatment I received, that of condescension, derision etc. was well in excess of anything I initiated.

It appears to have far more to do with as I have repeatedly said: an Objective Truth. One that the "group" refuses to entertain as possible let alone acknowledge. This is: "group think". Plainly, it has "been officially agreed" that this "...can't be an original" and everyone of these self proclaimed what have you's, in lock step blindly agrees with this pronouncement.

As an alternative, I've asked for examples of one's work, well? How about it everybody? Let's see what you can do and therefore others may ascertain for themselves your skills when it comes to you ability to find out for yourself "The Objective Truth". This when looking at the photographs you are all posting that my very good friend who was there, took and has most generously shared.

I do have fact based information as to the validity of this screen used, authentic Star Trek "Hero Phaser". I attempted (with humor that was overlooked and or ignored) to relate that information to the abundant nay-sayers found here. Also, I do happen to know the opinion that "significant" others have of this website, the very one's those on here have asked about, and in a word, "It Ain't Pretty".
Sorry, I'm not going to "relate" anything to anyone. I get paid well to that in real life, and believe it or not, I come on here for "fun".

Your delivery is exactly why you have been received poorly, I'm sorry to say, and you have returned in kind.

At no point has there been any sort of official opinion, party line, or groupthink, as far as I can tell. People have been offering their opinion, based on their understanding of the facts. Unless I missed something, I haven't seen any facts from you. Feel free to correct me if you have, it's been a long thread.

Now, your attempt at gatekeeping by saying only those who have made props can comment is frankly a pretty ridiculous standard. So only people who have recreated a phaser to a particular standard should be allowed to even ask questions? That's ridiculous!

If that's the case, show your phaser. You don't need to show all the details, pull out just enough to win.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back