Alleged Screen Used Hero TOS Phaser up for auction (now the aftermath)

Since there were probably no more than a dozen or so made, and most of the ones sold at auction have been fakes, that's a good question.
I can only find pictures of four mid-grades, all on STPA... and they seem to think the Nichols one is real as well.

Last edited:
I can only find pictures of four mid-grades, all on STPA... and they seem to think the Nichols one is real as well.
The owner of the STPA owns lots of M.E. (Mark English) forgeries and has spent thousands of dollars trying to convince others that they are screen used props.

The site has lots of good info, yet he tends to get things wrong when it comes to screen used TOS phasers & Tricorders

Since there were probably no more than a dozen or so made, and most of the ones sold at auction have been fakes, that's a good question.
Yeah and most forget there were dozens of ME forgeries it's amazing how many people he fooled over the years.

I have little respect for the group that's currently doing fakes and forgeries....

Mr. Gurian has various fakes in his collection, some of which have been photographed for books and/or gone on tour and presented as "genuine".

He sounds like one of those people who can't handle the idea that he's spent tons of money on forgeries, even in the face of overwhelming evidence.

I wouldn't take anything on his site (except maybe some of his stolen photos of real props) as gospel truth.

The owner of the STPA owns lots of M.E. (Mark English) forgeries and has spent thousands of dollars trying to convince others that they are screen used props.

The site has lots of good info, yet he tends to get things wrong when it comes to screen used TOS phasers & Tricorders

Yeah and most forget there were dozens of ME forgeries it's amazing how many people he fooled over the years.

I have little respect for the group that's currently doing fakes and forgeries....

I have none.

Absolutely none.

And, frankly, people still buying parts from a certain vendor shouldn't be financially rewarding him for what he's done.

I have none.

Absolutely none.

And, frankly, people still buying parts from a certain vendor shouldn't be financially rewarding him for what he's done.
I admit to being guilty of buying his mid-grade fins just to put them on my DST's as I like the idea of a hero BGB with the more streamlined fins.

Most of his parts (especially his crispy) is just done poorly.

Yet, the more I find out about him the more I dislike the guy, mainly from an ethics stand point...

Here's the part where I go a little berserk. ;)
Do you pay taxes? I do, and a bit of my taxes go to dog & monkey research. Which I abhor. So, a little prop fakery that keeps things lively & interesting in a niche prop/fan community is a small transgression in the larger scope of things IMHO. No one suffers or dies if a talented jerk screws over someone with enough money to purchase their fake albeit beautiful felgercarb. To ME, if it looks great, and I can afford it, that's all that matters.
That said....
I will let this beauty go for $12,000 (shipping included)!
20231025_152040.jpg

Do you pay taxes? I do, and a bit of my taxes go to dog & monkey research. Which I abhor. So, a little prop fakery that keeps things lively & interesting in a niche prop/fan community is a small transgression in the larger scope of things IMHO. No one suffers or dies if a talented jerk screws over someone with enough money to purchase their fake albeit beautiful felgercarb. To ME, if it looks great, and I can afford it, that's all that matters.
That said....
View attachment 1754992
That's much to nice to be screen used LOL!

That said....
I got 12,000 Japenese Pesos........... ;) o_O

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back