Aliens [Micro] UD-4L Dropship Digital/3D Print Edition

Very cool.

I love this ship, I remember having a model kit of it when I was a kid. More recently I bought the big resin one by Prodos games (designed to be used in a tabletop war-game type thing, and something like 1/48). It was only after I bought it that I realised it is pretty inaccurate, especially around the engines. And then when I started drilling big holes in it to add lighting I found that they hadn't cured the resin properly and it started weeping from the holes. Which basically ruined an otherwise quite cool model.

Anyway, the long story short is that I'd love to print a big drop ship, maybe 1/48. Think it will have to wait until I have an elegoo Saturn.
Thanks!

I see they took quite a few liberties with the design, possibly a licensing thing?

I've seen the dripping resin issue before, it usually happens if the 3D model isn't properly hollowed out before the printing operation.
You get a chunk of partially cured resin that can't be fully cured from the outside, so over time, it tends to dissolve itself from inside.

I suppose this model can be scaled up to 1/48, although it's not the most accurate representation.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back