Aliens diorama WIP *Complete*

Randy13

Sr Member
I'll be building a non-screen accurate Aliens diorama of the Hadley's Hope interior. I'll start with Halcyon APC which I don't have any WIP pictures of.

Last edited:
Re: Aliens diorama WIP

Here's what I have so far of the diorama. This is my first WIP thread so I would welcome any advice and opinions. Thank you.

I look forward to it. IT's wonderful to see so many recent interpretive pieces and 'inspired by' pieces and pieces based on solely one sketch or idea. Good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks guys. I'll be working on this as much as I can to get this done as soon as possible. This will be based on the scene in the movie where the Colonial Marines get out of the APC before going down to the lower level where they start getting killed and Ripley takes over the APC to get them out. I have two small Alien models that are about the same scale as the APC and some of their eggs that I'll be using as well.

I'm working on the upper level of this thing. Not sure what this is called but it's what the Marines walk by when they get out of the APC. I'll be making two cylinder tanks and the only thing I could find around the house that would be the right size and shape is a paper towel roll. I used a purple straw to make some pipes, a think coat hanger for other pipes and the rest is styrene. I know it doesn't look like much right now but I'm hoping it will all come together the way I want.

I bought some Aliens eggs and two Aliens figures back in the 90's. I'll be using these in the diorama. I'm starting a lair for these eggs which will be gaurded by the two aliens.

Neat idea! I've always been a fan of the APC and Aliens is one of my favorite movies. Looking forward to how this will come out!

Thank you Engelnicht. My skills are limited at his point but I’m having a lot of fun scratch building this. I’m using Super Sculpey for this part. I’m taking my time on this because I want to add as much detail as I can. After this part is done, I’ll be shooting everything with a coat of primer. I’ll also be making decals for the structure and the APC. The decals that came with the APC are too old and won’t work anymore.

I like your progress so far. i have been collecting 1/35 scale figures to do my own diorama so i'll be watching with great interest. keep up the good work!

Thanks a lot guys. I wasn't able to get as much done as I hoped but I should be able to get more done these next couple of days with pix to follow.

With a weekend kitchen remodeling project out of the way, I can get back to this. I’ve finished the Sculpey sculpting, a quick bake of that and then a coat of primer on everything. Next I’ll be putting the little Aliens together.

I’m working on the alien figures. I’ve had these for many years and at some point between then and now, I lost the hands and feet of one of the figures. I’ll try making replacement ones with Sculpey.

WOW I haven't seen those in years!!! i remember getting one, they were VERY detailed!!! :thumbsup
I’m working on the alien figures. I’ve had these for many years and at some point between then and now, I lost the hands and feet of one of the figures. I’ll try making replacement ones with Sculpey.

These little guys are very detailed. Thanks darthsideous, I wasn't sure how the egg base was going to turn out. Here are some pitures with the two aliens guarding the eggs.

Here are some close-ups. The one on the right has the prosthetic hands and feet that I had to remake using Sculpey.

Nice shots of the aliens and eggs. I need to get a better camera, i can't get small shots like that. Really nice work on this. I am so looking forward to continued work on this thread!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back