Aliens APC 1:18 scale with interior

skiffy

Sr Member
Thanks so much darthsideous, PHArchivist. :)

I'm back on this, hoping to get a second video together showcasing the lighting of the APC but first I have to get the wiring to a decent state. ;)

I was wondering if I have enough crew to fully man the APC and it looks like I do, 8 in the back, 2 on the rear pair (Ripley and Burke seats), Gorman at the console, Apone on the front pair and a driver - 13 bodies.

APC_22052102.jpg

I couldn't think how I could route the lighting wiring under the seats without raising either them or the flooring panel - room is pretty tight in there and I also have to work out where the safety bar wiring goes too.

APC_22052103.jpg

I found a literal out of the box solution and I'll be adding little clips and a paint job to tidy up where the cabling goes around the wheel hub.

APC_22052104.jpg

There was a similar routing issue for the headlight wiring which runs over the side door. I wanted to keep the roof section removeable so this is getting worked in around other elements.

APC_22052105.jpg

The rear lights are wired in on the opposite side and you can see where they emerge behind the wheel (green/white wires). I'm keeping them as close to the hinge as I can to avoid uneccessary wear.

APC_22052106.jpg

You can just see the wires at the bottom of the back wall but the seating will cover these up - and they'll be painted.

APC_22052107.jpg

..and here's where we're currently at. I think I'll add mini magnets to all of the interior pieces to hold them in place.

APC_22052108.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.