Alien: Isolation

needs more pulse rifles
m41a_pulse_rifle_by_cwpetesch-d5l3jaz.jpg

Just arrived today. I'm going to finish up a few other games i got going before starting this. Just looking at it you can tell the makers care for the material unlike the guys at Gearbox with colonial marines. This is what CM could have been. Sadly i'm not surprised to hear the later parts of the game aren't as good but that's common for games, I've played a bunch that are great until the middle then it kinda slacks. Movies do that alot too. I'm half tempted to look into a home theater to have this on surround sound. I got the ps3 version as it was 10.00 cheaper but I figure it'll still look good.

Stunning looking game.
You'll believe you are walking around the Alien sets
I've played about three hours so far.

Did you go with the free shipping? lol I was going to but last time they did that it was a major mess.
No free shipping or express shipping.

I picked up a Turtle Beach - Stealth 400 wireless head phones this morning after work.
Not sure how long they take to fully charge.

Played a little bit of it the last two nights. I think I psyched myself out though when I tried to play the DLC first, where you try to flush the Alien out of the airshafts. I chose to play as Dallas and enjoyed my self imposed tour of the Nostromo...thinking back to all the times I've watched the movie, thinking how it looks much more of a simplified layout this way then in movie, etc. Then I went into the area where the alien is....completely different atmosphere lol to say the least and it didn't help that Kane's son was on the other side of the room and he saw me right away. Long tension filled story short, I got nabbed in the airduct as Dallas, realizing too late I was hearing the door to the duct opening behind me.

This set me up to tip toe and walk on eggshells in the real game before even coming across the first meeting of the Alien :lol :facepalm. Last night wasn't as bad but I still move slowly everywhere almost straining to hear every sound lol.

I think this game sets a new bar for survival horror where the enemy doesn't have a set pattern and actually tracks you. Even if it isn't going to end up being the greatest game ever it's for sure brought something new to the genre. That said it probably also has all of us asking what the heck sega was thinking hiring gearbox for colonial marines when these guys could have made it lol.

Played on the station for a few hours then downloaded the Nostromo level. (med difficulty both)
Nostromo level I don't last more than a few minutes each time. (playing as Dallas)
Died seconds after I hit level B the first round, it was there waiting. :eek

Back on station this morning stuck in an area with no power to open anything and the bug in vents right above me.

Dangit. Dangit. DANGIT! Why isn't this game out for Mac!? I'd be able to play it in my Hotel if it was on the Mac! Now I've got to wait till I get home from NYCC so I can play it on my Bootcamp Mac Pro Tower. You guys are so lucky.

This is a game you need surround sound for, too bad they don't make systems to mount a speaker to the ceiling so it really sounds like it's in the vents. Also, who is the genius in the future who thinks all doors need to automatically open? So many different aliens would have been stopped in scifi history if doors didn't open automatically.

No kidding.
On the Nostromo the bug kept going in circles through the hall and into the room I was hiding in.
Let him do it about 8 times before I tried to get to my objective only to end up getting cornered at a locked door and getting killed.

The proximity opening vents make me jump every time I pass one.

- - - Updated - - -

Dangit. Dangit. DANGIT! Why isn't this game out for Mac!? I'd be able to play it in my Hotel if it was on the Mac! Now I've got to wait till I get home from NYCC so I can play it on my Bootcamp Mac Pro Tower. You guys are so lucky.

That's why we all have PC's. ;)

Did you try running it through bootcamp? ;)

Played over the weekend. I have decided to only play at night and with the lights off. Last night I got to the first humans you encounter and gave up after multiple deaths. I need to rethink my "You can kill everything" approach and use avoidance and sneaking to it's max.

An amazing game from the ALIEN feel, to the music, atmosphere. Highly recommend it.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back